Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion in Islam

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 AM

Re: What is your opinion in Islam

Tweet,

You said that we can ask anything of you about your religion, so here goes....

I don't mean any disrespect here, but I just don't understand the role of women in Islam....I've often wondered if women are really treasured in your religion. I've often heard that your religion wants to protect women, but I think that you go overboard and may need to control.

I don't understand why women are so restricted.......Why can't they move about freely, travel and express themselves without men controlling their lives.

I do feel that Muslim men control their women.

I could never live in a society where anyone controlled me....no matter who they are.....

Tweed, I'm not religious, nor do I care to be....Please answer me honestly without religious overtones. I really want to understand your thoughts about women.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:59 PM

Yes. I agree too. All religions are man made constructs and used all too often to empower some and dominate others.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    12:59 AM

I've never been to an Islamic country so I cannot say!

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by KSnyder View Post
    I've never been to an Islamic country so I cannot say!

Hello Kevin

Great to see you posting again...

I visited Tangiers in 1999 and had a great time. But, we were uncomfortable, at first, because we were Americans. We had a great experience because we had a wonderful tour guide.

We visited the Kasbah and loved meeting all of the merchants and locals there. Everyone made us feel so welcome. It was well-worth the long journey there from Portugal.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post
    Hello Kevin

Great to see you posting again...

I visited Tangiers in 1999 and had a great time. But, we were uncomfortable, at first, because we were Americans. We had a great experience because we had a wonderful tour guide.

We visited the Kasbah and loved meeting all of the merchants and locals there. Everyone made us feel so welcome. It was well-worth the long journey there from Portugal.
    Hello Lovely Beautiful! It's always nice to see your lovely smile!

How very nice, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

I would love to experience cultures that I'm unfamiliar with so I envy all of those that make the effort. I can't stop thinking about traveling the globe just to try all of the street food! It appeals to me tremendously!

A sort of more ambitious curiousness than typically having a yearning to try a Philly cheese steak or a New York Pizza(Trust me I'd probably eat the whole pizza!)!

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tweetatoo View Post
    respect yourself
    I do. Enough to avoid religions. The more restrictive, the more I avoid them.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

respect yourself
    Could you elaborate on what it is you mean with this statement exactly?

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    07:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post
    Tweet,

You said that we can ask anything of you about your religion, so here goes....

I don't mean any disrespect here, but I just don't understand the role of women in Islam....I've often wondered if women are really treasured in your religion. I've often heard that your religion wants to protect women, but I think that you go overboard and may need to control.

I don't understand why women are so restricted.......Why can't they move about freely, travel and express themselves without men controlling their lives.

I do feel that Muslim men control their women.

I could never live in a society where anyone controlled me....no matter who they are.....

Tweed, I'm not religious, nor do I care to be....Please answer me honestly without religious overtones. I really want to understand your thoughts about women.
    I will be answering you, but I would like to mention that you forgot the basis of religion and went to something in the periphery. However, please keep in mind whenever you discuss with me a major thing: that any religion is made of:

1- Origin/Assets.
    2- Branches.

The origin of a religion does not change with time. For example, when the lord sends a messenger with his religion to people telling them he is the god, he cannot come later to say that he is not the god. Similarly, God cannot be a son one day then comes to say he is not a son. So, either Islam or Christianity is the true, and everyone can know where the true is.

Another thing, you are not asked to be so religious, but at least be as religious as you can rescue yourself from hellfire.

Your questions is a branch from the assets. So, the laws of religion which tells believers how to worship are considered branches, and these branches do change with time and place. For example, Jews were not allowed to do things that became allowed in Christianity, yet both religions worship the same god. So origins are fixed, branches change.

The important point of religion is the assets.

Although your questions are away from the center of discussion, I will be answering you.

Women in Islam are so respected, and they have the freedom in Islam. Women are not restrictive. Allah created us and knows what is bad and what is good. So, the lord asked them to wear Hijab for example, because it is the good one. And actually, you will be seeing Christian women in the church who are wearing Hijab-like clothes. I don't ask you to follow Muslim women for now, but follow your women in wearing such clothes.

If we brought Muslim women and asked them: are you living free? The will absolutely answer: yesss! But what is confusing in your mind is: what is the role in Islam?

The prophet Muhammad peace be upon him asked Muslims before his death to keep care of females, and that females are weaker than males and that males must support them. Actually, Islam is very peaceful in that point. Assume a girl who travels without her brother or father or who are supposed to be with her of those allowed to. She will have difficulty to support herself like carrying the luggage, choosing a hotel and other things. Besides, Islam respected the woman as being more emotional, so she was chosen to grow her children upon the man, as man is supposed to work and bring money and support his family. Assume that a female heads up the family and that the man works as a babysitter and that the female goes to work, is it socially accepted? Religiously, and scientifically, the female is more affectionate and compassionate regarding here children and if a man who gets angry rapidly was holding his baby, he may throw him away!!! hahaha. That's because it is our nature, and Islam respected our nature. Since the woman is more emotional than using her mind in problematic things (his does not mean she is mindless, rather, she uses her heart rather than her mind most the time in serious things), the Islam gave the role of controlling and of heading the family to the man, where as the female to grow up the children as she will grow them better than if a man does. If we saw families who are of divorced parent's, we will see that those grew up with the mother are better than those grow with the father.

Yet, the mother is allowed to go, to travel and to seek life in the life. But assume that she was alone and some diseased-persons assault her, would she be able to protect her self? We all assume that most men are powerful, but we don't assume that most females go to gym and that are muscular!!!!

So, if she was with her brother, they will never think in assaulting her, and if so, her brother or father or the one supposed will defend her.

Islam is systematic in every point and step.

Now it is my turn to ask you: where did Jesus say I am the lord?

I hope that my answer was satisfying

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    07:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by KSnyder View Post
    Could you elaborate on what it is you mean with this statement exactly?
    I think that he knows. And concerning his saying that our religion is restrictive, I will say, no it is not restrictive, but it is systematic and protective, and from the god, unlike other religions nowadays.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I think that he knows. And concerning his saying that our religion is restrictive, I will say, no it is not restrictive, but it is systematic and protective, and from the god, unlike other religions nowadays.
    No tweet,

You said that before he'd suggested Islamic religion was restrictive!

I'm asking you what you meant by your post
    respect yourself
    in response to
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    Just another religion being used by radicals and crazies in their attempt to dominate people.
    I'm asking what you mean exactly by that because there are quite a number of implications behind it from which I most rationally object to!

All we need do is clear it up! Simple really!

Care to voice as to what you meant exactly?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast