Thread: What is your opinion in Islam

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    10:47 PM

Re: What is your opinion in Islam

Quote Originally Posted by KSnyder View Post
    No tweet,

You said that before he'd suggested Islamic religion was restrictive!

I'm asking you what you meant by your post

in response to

I'm asking what you mean exactly by that because there are quite a number of implications behind it from which I most rationally object to!

All we need do is clear it up! Simple really!

Care to voice as to what you meant exactly?
    Well, no Snyder, I didn't say that Islam is restrictive. He just suggested so.

And I mean by the response, that he has to respect himself. Because when he respects himself, he will respect the others. He said Muslims are crazies and radicals. Well, let him prove that to me if he can.

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tweetatoo View Post
    Well, no Snyder, I didn't say that Islam is restrictive. He just suggested so.

And I mean by the response, that he has to respect himself. Because when he respects himself, he will respect the others. He said Muslims are crazies and radicals. Well, let him prove that to me if he can.
    Tweet!,..

Listen to me dude! "I didn't say that Islam is restrictive. He just suggested so." is what I said to you! Don't play silly little games with me!

And thank you for clarifying!

My response is that in his mind he has respected himself to the point he deems religion to be full of "radicals" and "crazies"! You just can't help but throw your opinion around as if it's better that's all!

Oh, in case you're wondering his opinion that religion is full of "radicals" and "crazies"! is no different than your clear opinion that religion is not full of "radicals" and "crazies"!!

By your saying "respect yourself" quite blatantly implies that you feel your opinion is better than his as I'd suspected!

Ok please continue you guys were talking about religion and how one says it's "restrictive" and the other suggests it's not! Please,..please continue!

*K grabs a bag of popcorn all the while mentioning to the other voice in his head that "this will be interesting!"!*

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    08:47 PM

Assume a girl who travels without her brother or father or who are supposed to be with her of those allowed to. She will have difficulty to support herself like carrying the luggage, choosing a hotel and other things. Besides, Islam respected the woman as being more emotional, so she was chosen to grow her children upon the man, as man is supposed to work and bring money and support his family. Assume that a female heads up the family and that the man works as a babysitter and that the female goes to work, is it socially accepted? Religiously, and scientifically, the female is more affectionate and compassionate regarding here children and if a man who gets angry rapidly was holding his baby, he may throw him away!!! hahaha. That's because it is our nature, and Islam respected our nature. Since the woman is more emotional than using her mind in problematic things (his does not mean she is mindless, rather, she uses her heart rather than her mind most the time in serious things), the Islam gave the role of controlling and of heading the family to the man, where as the female to grow up the children as she will grow them better than if a man does. If we saw families who are of divorced parent's, we will see that those grew up with the mother are better than those grow with the father.
    This is where most Western women will disagree with you. They are the equal of men. They are quite capable of handling their own luggage, divorces, families and businesses.

Now, if you are weak, mindless and incapable of dealing with life without a man to back you up I can understand why you would need these rules. Do you think you are incapable of dealing with life without a man to tell you what to do?

Why are Western (and Hindu) women different?

Oh, and Jesus never claimed to be the son of God as far as I know, though plenty of people claimed it for him. Does that make his teachings any less good?

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    09:47 PM

My opinion on Islam is the same opinion I have of all religions that take their beliefs so seriously and literally.

They scare me.

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    04:47 PM

From your comments here Tweet, I realize that I'll never understand you, your religion or views about women. I won't be responding to you anymore as we'll only go round in circles.

By the way, your current time, in your profile, is incorrect....

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    04:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    This is where most Western women will disagree with you. They are the equal of men. They are quite capable of handling their own luggage, divorces, families and businesses.

Now, if you are weak, mindless and incapable of dealing with life without a man to back you up I can understand why you would need these rules. Do you think you are incapable of dealing with life without a man to tell you what to do?

Oh, and Jesus never claimed to be the son of God as far as I know, though plenty of people claimed it for him. Does that make his teachings any less good?
    So well said Clod...Thank you

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    08:47 PM

Actually Clod, he did. Sort of. In the book of John, when Jesus was saying "see you later" Phillip asked him to show them the Father. Jesus replied "Oh Phillip, have I been so long with you, and you dont know who I am?" When you see me, you see the Father, who sent me." May not be word for word, but you get the gist of it.
    Thats just one example. The whole new testament is strewn with references of Jesus saying He was the Son. He never denied it. He even asked the disciples who they thought he was. Peter answered with "You are the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." He just noted that no man had revealed that to him but the Holy Spirit.
    Actually this bloke asking this question just shows he has never read the Bible, but they claim to believe in God. Allah is just an arabic word for God.
    True, I have never read the Koran, nor will I. I have enough to deal with in understanding my own Holy Book without trying to figure out someone elses.
    As for women, God made my face. And as far as I know, He has never said anything about covering it up!
    In the old testament days, Judaism stated women had to cover their hair, but that was it.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Thanks for your reply.

Did I say something else? Females are as equal as males in Islam, and it is enough to us that Islam was the first religion who gave the female her rights. Read history.

I know that she can travel alone in western. Actually, many females can hold up there luggage. My question to you: What will happen if she was assaulted there? Ok, she is strong enought to hold up her luggage, but is she strong enough to protect herself from assaulting??

Every year, there is a large number of females who are killed by being assaulted, and more than 90% of them were assaulted while they were alone!! Seldom a girl or a female with his brother or father was subjected to assaulting or killing.

To any female, if you want to get skin cancer, to be assaulted and to do whatever bad to you, go ahead and do it. But Islam made the best to you by protecting you.

Freedom is not doing whatever we like, it is doing whatever "GOOD" we like.

Why are western and Hindu women different?
    Simply, because of different religion!

But at the end, there is one religion chosen by the god.

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post
    From your comments here Tweet, I realize that I'll never understand you, your religion or views about women. I won't be responding to you anymore as we'll only go round in circles.
    No dear, if you want to understand Islam correctly, you will not allow such circles to appear. You understand that females are respected in Islam. Can you tell my why Muslim females are not annoyed by such Islamic rules? Why do Muslim females apply Islam in their life if it is really restrictive? Ask Muslim females who wear Hijab and who travel with their brother or father instead of alone; ask them: does that annoy you??

Never!

But between you and yourself, if you want to understand Islam, you will certainly.

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Actually Clod, he did. Sort of. In the book of John, when Jesus was saying "see you later" Phillip asked him to show them the Father. Jesus replied "Oh Phillip, have I been so long with you, and you dont know who I am?" When you see me, you see the Father, who sent me." May not be word for word, but you get the gist of it.
    Thats just one example. The whole new testament is strewn with references of Jesus saying He was the Son. He never denied it. He even asked the disciples who they thought he was. Peter answered with "You are the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." He just noted that no man had revealed that to him but the Holy Spirit.
    Actually this bloke asking this question just shows he has never read the Bible, but they claim to believe in God. Allah is just an arabic word for God.
    True, I have never read the Koran, nor will I. I have enough to deal with in understanding my own Holy Book without trying to figure out someone elses.
    As for women, God made my face. And as far as I know, He has never said anything about covering it up!
    In the old testament days, Judaism stated women had to cover their hair, but that was it.
    Very very very great.

In all the verses you mentioned, where did Jesus say: I am god and lord and you have to worship me?? Focus, people did announce him being the son or the god, not himself announced that!!
    "You are the christ ...." see, you are, not I am.

Allah is the only god.
    And I know what I have read of books.
    Back to the first verse: when you see me, you see the father.

Well, is Jesus the son or the father?

You see the father, so he is the father, and he is the son (a matter confusing). But I will go with you he is both the father and the son, can you answer please: who is in the heaven?

Further more, Jesus is on earth, meaning that the god os on earth, according to your religion, as Jesus is the god in a human body. Well how can the god be then unlimited?
    The god is now in a limted space (on earth, a limited space, in Jesus, who as a limited space.
    But god in Islam, is everywhere, and is Unlimited.

Who sees me sees the father: so you concluded that he is the father, so he is the god. He can't be the father and the son in the same time in Jesus!! And assume you concluded he is the god, it is just a conclusion, he did not announce: I am the god or I am the father!!!!

Another thing, You said that old testament said things about females covering their hairs. Then, why don't work that out as Jesus didn't cancel the old testament??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast