Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What is your opinion in Islam

Local Date
    06-27-2019
    Local Time
    05:46 AM

Re: What is your opinion in Islam

I read some of the Koran once.

I got as far as 'Your wives are like your fields. Treat your wives as you would your fields.'

Well as most people would take all the goodness from their fields and then cut them down to nothing, I figured that said it all!

Did you used to be Abrim is Muslim?

Local Date
    06-27-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    They should all be isolated from those willing to get along and not allowed to breed.

Local Date
    06-27-2019
    Local Time
    12:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    I read some of the Koran once.

I got as far as 'Your wives are like your fields. Treat your wives as you would your fields.'

Well as most people would take all the goodness from their fields and then cut them down to nothing, I figured that said it all!

Did you used to be Abrim is Muslim?
    Funny, Rap.

I don't think you could ever have a normal conversation here with give and take discussions without tons of quotes from a book written by man.

Local Date
    06-27-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tweetatoo View Post
    ..... but is she strong enough to protect herself from assaulting??

Every year, there is a large number of females who are killed by being assaulted, and more than 90% of them were assaulted while they were alone!! Seldom a girl or a female with his brother or father was subjected to assaulting or killing.
    So why is it then that we quite frequently read in the newspapers about Muslim wives and daughters being banished or even stoned to death by husbands, fathers and brothers for not obeying them or for glancing at another man or for any other lame reason they care to employ?

Why do the women have to walk behind the men?

Why are they not permitted to speak or have opinions?

Why are they not permitted to leave the house or go to school if forbidden by a male relative?

Where is their freedom?

And if you're truly studying to be a doctor, how come you have so much free time to come on here and write such tripe?

Local Date
    06-27-2019
    Local Time
    04:46 AM

Thanks for your reply, Raven. Am away fro home trying to work out my brother's Mac and have only just managed to get online. Hope I haven't done something horrible to his computer....

You clearly know much more about this than me, but I thought it was arguable that we are ALL the children of God, and that Jesus said something like, "The only way to the Father is through me," which I took to mean through Jesus' teachings.

I suppose my overall opinion of Islam is that is a respectable religion faaaaar too often hijacked by maniacs. I think the same of Christianity, but to a lesser extent.

I think Islam is much the same as Christianity was in the time of the Crusades. Give them another 600 years or so and they'll be fine. In the meantime it's a very adolescent religion, with all the faults of adolescence.

Local Date
    06-27-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tweetatoo View Post
    As I replied in Christianity part, I will reply here.

To all of you here, just wait my topics about Quran and Islam. I will not continue in this topic per se until I put some topics about Quran and Islam as a whole then we return back here, simply, because you are talking about a religion you never read about it correctly from major official sources of that religion. And more probably, you either read sources of Shia or orientalists. I would never discuss a religion I never read. When I discuss Christianity for example, I discuss it because I read bible, not because I read internet. You should have read Quran before you say what you say about Islam. If you don't understand anything, ask true Muslims about, not orientalists.

By the way, can I post links to youtube in my topics? Only youtube as it is known to most, if not all, of us.

Thanks.

You make assumptions, Sir.

Why do you assume that none of us have read the Quaran? Certainly I have done so and I have discussed it with several parcticing Muslims.

I would echo Hoppy's comment - it is a religion being used by radicals to try to dominate people. Note, I did not say, and neither did Hoppy, that all adhierants of Islam are radicals - just that there are radicals within Islam who are trying to dominate people through their religion.

I do not believe that it is an inherrantly fanatical, violent or intollerent religion but I do see those elements in the response of some Muslims to the current world situation. I also see the pressures leading to those responses but I do not believe that those responses are useful to Muslims in general or to the people of the regions involved.

Also, you claim to speak about Christianity from a position of knowledge but your very words betray your ignorance to even the basic fundamentals of the religion.

Local Date
    06-26-2019
    Local Time
    08:46 PM

Islam is beautiful and I found truth in it.Islam means peace.You can tell it is true for the twin towers are now pieces. The planes are pieces. he bombers are pieces. The Olympic athletes are pieces.Islam was established and completed 1400 years ago, it is not subject to change,changes are not from Islam.

Local Date
    06-26-2019
    Local Time
    11:46 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellpk123 View Post
    Islam is beautiful and I found truth in it.Islam means peace.You can tell it is true for the twin towers are now pieces. The planes are pieces. he bombers are pieces. The Olympic athletes are pieces.Islam was established and completed 1400 years ago, it is not subject to change,changes are not from Islam.
    So .... does Islam mean Peace or Piece?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5