Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 135

Thread: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

  1. #1
    Senior Member kazalala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunderland UK
    Posts
    4,322
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs - mirror.co.uk

    How can the governement allow shops to sell fireworks to the general public???? It is beyond me it really is,,, they are as dangerous as a knife or a gun and yet we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements.


    FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    12:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs - mirror.co.uk

    How can the governement allow shops to sell fireworks to the general public???? It is beyond me it really is,,, they are as dangerous as a knife or a gun and yet we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements.
    that was fatal.



    shops selling them?

    They are sold on street corners here.
    Life is just to short for drama.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,824
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    How can the governement allow shops to sell fireworks to the general public???? It is beyond me it really is,,, they are as dangerous as a knife or a gun and yet we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements.
    That's a bit extreme, kaz. They're as dangerous as a box of matches. Why pick on knives or guns? They're as dangerous as a gallon can of petrol. They're as dangerous as a polyurethane foam sofa with a burning fag end dropped down the back. They're as dangerous as a swimming pool in your back yard.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  4. #4
    Senior Member kazalala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunderland UK
    Posts
    4,322
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    That's a bit extreme, kaz. They're as dangerous as a box of matches. Why pick on knives or guns? They're as dangerous as a gallon can of petrol. They're as dangerous as a polyurethane foam sofa with a burning fag end dropped down the back. They're as dangerous as a swimming pool in your back yard.
    yep ,, you could say that spot.


    FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,824
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    yep ,, you could say that spot.
    And as far as "we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements" goes, "it is illegal to sell adult fireworks to anyone under the age of eighteen" (regulations 2004), it is also "an offence for the under 18s to possess fireworks in a public place", " to cause any unnecessary suffering to any domestic or captive animals" and " to throw or set off fireworks in any highway, street, thoroughfare or public place". We can't just go buy them in a shop without any requirements.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  6. #6
    Senior Member kazalala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunderland UK
    Posts
    4,322
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    And as far as "we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements" goes, "it is illegal to sell adult fireworks to anyone under the age of eighteen" (regulations 2004), it is also "an offence for the under 18s to possess fireworks in a public place", " to cause any unnecessary suffering to any domestic or captive animals" and " to throw or set off fireworks in any highway, street, thoroughfare or public place". We can't just go buy them in a shop without any requirements.
    OK thank you for that.


    FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

  7. #7
    Recycled Teenager G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,122
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    And as far as "we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements" goes, "it is illegal to sell adult fireworks to anyone under the age of eighteen" (regulations 2004), it is also "an offence for the under 18s to possess fireworks in a public place", " to cause any unnecessary suffering to any domestic or captive animals" and " to throw or set off fireworks in any highway, street, thoroughfare or public place". We can't just go buy them in a shop without any requirements.
    Spot !!!!!!!! for pity's sake, and everybody else's just wind your neck in !
    Don't you realise that these yob idiots can't damn well read, and even if they could, would they take any notice of any regulations????? They just don't care !!!!!!

    Fireworks are too dangerous to sell in shops. They should be banned except on licence to specialised displays. End of.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  8. #8
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,824
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Fireworks are too dangerous to sell in shops. They should be banned except on licence to specialised displays. End of.
    Democracy Live | Your representatives

    Put your postcode in and write to your MP about it, you might get the law changed.

    Don't tell I, tell 'ee. All I'm doing is correcting a misconception that "we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements".
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  9. #9
    Recycled Teenager G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,122
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Democracy Live | Your representatives

    Put your postcode in and write to your MP about it, you might get the law changed.

    Don't tell I, tell 'ee. All I'm doing is correcting a misconception that "we can just go buy them in a shop without any requirements".
    And pigs might ......................................
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  10. #10
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,824
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

    Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    And pigs might ......................................
    Representative democracy doesn't suit you? What would you prefer? Government by Mirror?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Omg a FATAL error
    By fuzzy butt in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
  2. Update: Dj Carl Blaze has Died
    By dedo in forum Music
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 04:05 PM
  3. Cornwall!
    By Raven in forum Travel & Vacation
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM
  4. Anyone from Cornwall?
    By gordonartist in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 05:04 AM
  5. Hello from Cornwall
    By Betty Boop in forum Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts