Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    01:02 AM

Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Besides, private prosecutions are possible, at a high financial cost of course.
    They're so infrequently allowed by the Crown Prosecution Service that it's a practical impossibility. I'd guess less than one such prosecution happens in any year though I'd be very interested to see a quoted figure. I can't find one.

Prosecuting discusses the current state of the law:
    There has always been a right to bring private prosecutions for breaches of the criminal law – indeed before 1879 there was no public prosecutor so it was the only way that anyone came before the criminal courts – it is a rarely-used procedure.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    03:32 AM

Can you imagine the reaction from a rocket armed yob, to being approached by a resident asking him to refrain from shooting at peoples' windows? You see that would create a further crime, probably of a more serious nature would it not? Who, in their right mind, would even think to do such a thing ?
    I would. It's necessary, and the effect is almost certainly going to be different from the one you anticipate. To shirk our responsibilities, turn a blind eye, and depend on the police to do all policing leads to problems in society. We're experiencing these problems now.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    01:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sikes View Post
    I would. It's necessary, and the effect is almost certainly going to be different from the one you anticipate. To shirk our responsibilities, turn a blind eye, and depend on the police to do all policing leads to problems in society. We're experiencing these problems now.
    Yes you may, because you're a bloke!

It's also body language, when you approach somebody in confidence it creates a doubt in their minds. I have been accused of being a formidable person, but I am still a female and I have white hair.

It has been known for me to walk out determinedly towards youths, and I suppose my body language and facial expression created a moment's uncertainty in my adversaries - they legged it, shouting obscenities as they ran away! There were four of them ! But I did prevent those yobs causing any damage to my son's 3 wheeler Reliant Rialto (on that occasion).

However, I was taken to task by my son later after he returned home, when he found out what I had done. I had to agree that it was a risky thing that I did - they could have had knives or screwdrivers! Since that occasion, I have been banned from going out by myself to challenge any yobs, in day time or night time. I can see the point of that, being female with white hair - an easy target maybe.

But I did not shirk my responsibilities or turn a blind eye. Not like most of the other residents on my road. They are too frightened to come out! What we have tried to say to them is, if we all go out to these yobs en masse each time there is a gang of them, they'll just up and run off! It would put them off returning to our road in the future, because they would know that all the residents would come out to them. Unfortunately my little family unit has had to deal with this problem on our own. But we have a German Shepherd and we have CCTV, and the yobs know this now, and they also know that we will go out to them - they stay away.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

I had to agree that it was a risky thing that I did - they could have had knives or screwdrivers!
    Escalation is something not in their interests - they know it. Should you be assaulted, they'd be in big trouble - there's a line they come up against, and will hardly ever cross. The less that they're pulled up, the worse things become and the more likely that the line *will* be crossed. This is the reason that everyone should take an active part in maintaining their society.

we have a German Shepherd and we have CCTV, and the yobs know this now, and they also know that we will go out to them - they stay away.
    Good. Well done! You are doing the right thing.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Yes you may, because you're a bloke!
    To add to that, it's possibly more dangerous for "blokes", especially ones who might be percieved as a physical threat. There's a *challenge*, you see, which may not be present in other circumstances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14