Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Jazzy Lounge
    Posts
    2,920
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    09:04 PM

    Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    WASHINGTON – The Democratic-controlled House narrowly passed far-reaching health care legislation, handing President Barack Obama a hard-won victory on his chief domestic priority though the road ahead in the Senate promises to be rocky.

    The 220-215 vote late Saturday cleared the way for the Senate to begin a long-delayed debate on the issue that has come to overshadow all others in Congress.

    Link for full story: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill - Yahoo! News

  2. #2
    Senior Member hoppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,495
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    12:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    Government should govern, not change our diapers and suckle us cradle to grave.

  3. #3
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    01:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    Government should govern, not change our diapers and suckle us cradle to grave.
    I'd suggest that hospitals shouldn't carry people to their graves but they don't even do that!

    Hospitals charge what they wish because they don't have other hospitals they'd lose their clientele to. In any society that virtue proves to be horribly immoral!

  4. #4
    Premium Member flopstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    12:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    The biggest load of crap I ever heard regarding heath-care was when I went to the local hospital for blood work this past sumer. They actually have signs telling you that reduced rates are available for theuninsured....EXCUSE me?

    I pay for insurance - so they gouge me and MY rates go up every year and the uninsured pays a fraction of what I do?

    I seriously question why anyone bothers to work for a living in this country anymore.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    01:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    The biggest load of crap I ever heard regarding heath-care was when I went to the local hospital for blood work this past sumer. They actually have signs telling you that reduced rates are available for theuninsured....EXCUSE me?

    I pay for insurance - so they gouge me and MY rates go up every year and the uninsured pays a fraction of what I do?

    I seriously question why anyone bothers to work for a living in this country anymore.
    Those insured would drive your premiums down. It's what happens when health care has an alternative as opposed to how they charge you now, which is how much they wish so they can afford that yacht.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,489
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    05:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    The biggest load of crap I ever heard regarding heath-care was when I went to the local hospital for blood work this past sumer. They actually have signs telling you that reduced rates are available for theuninsured....EXCUSE me?

    I pay for insurance - so they gouge me and MY rates go up every year and the uninsured pays a fraction of what I do?

    I seriously question why anyone bothers to work for a living in this country anymore.
    What would happen if you lost your job and couldn't pay for insurance would you still consider it unfair? Just curious and really not trying to wind you up. I don't understand the American system at all-it does seem kind of brutal in that that no money means you just get left without medical care-at least it is constantly portrayed as that way. I can't quite follow your logic-are you advocating the uninsured be denied treatment altogether? What if it was you that was unemployed through no fault of your own?

    Most people in the UK would I think find it unacceptable that anyone is denied medical treatment because they can't pay for it. I've paid for medical care all my working life and have only recently had occasion to use it so on one level I have been paying for all the chain smoking fat people who are alive because I've been paying for them.

  7. #7
    Senior Member hoppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,495
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    12:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    I found this on another site. It's a letter from a Texas congressman to the poster.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    After months of objections by Americans across our great country, a slim majority in Congress ignored the will of the people and voted to pass H.R. 3962 by a vote of 220-215.

    "I VOTED NO!! This legislation will cost taxpayers over a trillion dollars, raise taxes, create 111 new federal bureaucracies and lead to a government takeover of our healthcare system. I stood with you today and voted AGAINST another government takeover.

    Rest assured tonight, this is far from over. As a former judge, I have serious questions regarding the constitutionality of this legislation. The bill forces every American to buy health insurance or be penalized with a tax. If you don’t want to or refuse to buy insurance, then you will be in violation of the IRS code and will be subject to tax evasion charges punishable up to $250,000 and up to five years in prison.

    Nowhere in the Constitution does it allow for the government to force us to buy anything. If you thought you didn’t like the IRS before, wait until they become the new healthcare police.

  8. #8
    Premium Member flopstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    12:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    What would happen if you lost your job and couldn't pay for insurance would you still consider it unfair? Just curious and really not trying to wind you up. I don't understand the American system at all-it does seem kind of brutal in that that no money means you just get left without medical care-at least it is constantly portrayed as that way. I can't quite follow your logic-are you advocating the uninsured be denied treatment altogether? What if it was you that was unemployed through no fault of your own?

    Most people in the UK would I think find it unacceptable that anyone is denied medical treatment because they can't pay for it. I've paid for medical care all my working life and have only recently had occasion to use it so on one level I have been paying for all the chain smoking fat people who are alive because I've been paying for them.
    You've misdirected my anger. My anger is towards the hospital, not the unemployeed. Their service should be worth something... end of discussion. That is the price that should be charged - to everyone using that service.
    But while we are on the subject - $1500 deductible per,up to $4500 - then its 80/20 on what they will actually cover... so for all intents and purposes, I AM uninsured except for major medical items.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,489
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    05:04 AM

    Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    You've misdirected my anger. My anger is towards the hospital, not the unemployeed. Their service should be worth something... end of discussion. That is the price that should be charged - to everyone using that service.
    But while we are on the subject - $1500 deductible per,up to $4500 - then its 80/20 on what they will actually cover... so for all intents and purposes, I AM uninsured except for major medical items.
    If you don't have enough money to pay do you think someone in that position should be turned away?

  10. #10
    ALOHA..!! CARLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Posts
    13,095
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    10:04 PM

    Lightbulb Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

    Register to remove this ad.
    No they won't be turned away Hospital have to treat them that is issue. Hospital are hoping if they have no insurance they might be able to pay something. Usually they don't and get it free or apply for medical and get free everything. Hospital pass the cost on to the insured and the insured insurance companies they have to somehow get some of the cost back that is the problem.

    Don't retire or quit your job and expect to get what they get for free won't happen.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AMA, AARP Endorse Health Care Bill
    By Ahso! in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 02:40 PM
  2. We Want Health Care Like UK Has???
    By Lon in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 08:36 AM
  3. health care
    By nvalleyvee in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 12:51 PM
  5. Health care... or not
    By valerie in forum Physically Challenged
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts