Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Such a selfish, thoughtless society that we live in. 'I, me, my' all the time

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    03:41 PM

Such a selfish, thoughtless society that we live in. 'I, me, my' all the time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    It is such a selfish, thoughtless society that we live in. 'I, me, my' all the bloody time.
    Gill, name me a period and a place when you'd not have thought it was such a selfish, thoughtless society that you were living in, without the 'I, me, my' all the bloody time. Or has there never been one?
    Last edited by Chezzie; 11-08-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: New thread made for discussion
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Banned
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Re: Fatal Cornwall blaze blamed on banger yobs

It is such a selfish, thoughtless society that we live in. 'I, me, my' all the bloody time. My hubby didn't really believe me when I said there would be more fireworks let off tonight, but I was right. Also I was constantly woken up until about 4 am last night, by pratts sauntering up and down the nearby roads letting off bangers every couple of minutes ffs. I didn't go to bed till 2 am as it was, because there were still bangers going off all over the place.
    Your spot on there Gill.
    It is not just the firewoks is it? It's a whole breakdown of manners and consideration for anything or anyone else. It's that 'ME' generation. Youngsters can't seem to stand outside your lounge window on a sunday and talk normally, they have to scream and shout. I have seen cars park up in the road to use the cash point machine, fully aware they are stopping every other car getting past. Cars pull up outside my house to turn round in the lane late at night with rap music blaring on all speakers. Of course, It would never enter their heads that folk would be asleep or they may be waking babies up... NO. I was brought up that you never ever phone anyone after 9 pm at night, something I still abide by, yet It's Ok for anyone ( Not my family) to phone me at 11 pm. Oh, I could go on and on.
    Like you Gill, we have had bangers going off every night for weeks up to 2 am. There is no point in calling the police If you can not pin point exactly where they coming from.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Your spot on there Gill.
    Go on then, you can play the "name me a period and a place when you'd not have thought it was" game too.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Banned
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Go on then, you can play the "name me a period and a place when you'd not have thought it was" game too.
    Pre 70's.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Gill, name me a period and a place when you'd not have thought it was such a selfish, thoughtless society that you were living in, without the 'I, me, my' all the bloody time. Or has there never been one?
    Certainly was, when I was in my teens. Youngsters were brought up to respect people and property. Not many do that these days. I think the rot set in when the powers that be banned the cane in schools (except private ones). That is all I have to say about it, as this could be tantamount to derailing this thread by steering it off topic.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Youngsters were brought up to respect people and property. Not many do that these days.
    Twaddle, Gill, the majority of children today are brought up just so now. I think it's obvious the pair of you are looking back to halcyon days that never existed and completely oblivious to the reality of life in this country today. It's like watching a pair of scolds stood at the village pump shaking their heads and nervously eyeing the ducking stool.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Twaddle, Gill, the majority of children today are brought up just so now. I think it's obvious the pair of you are looking back to halcyon days that never existed and completely oblivious to the reality of life in this country today. It's like watching a pair of scolds stood at the village pump shaking their heads and nervously eyeing the ducking stool.
    Mr. Spot, would you kindly refrain from trying to wind me up, because I will not play your 'game'. Your stab at sarcasm has crumbled into a pit of darkness.

Fin.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Banned
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Then you need a reality check. Get yourself down the city centre at 3 am when the clubs are kicking out. Get yourself a TV and watch 'Street Crime' to see exactly how yobs behave at night.

I have said this on another thread but:

The big big difference between today and say pre 80's was that the teenagers who were violent were in the majority either, Mods, Rockers, Skinheads, hells Angels etc. Most violence was carried out between equally violent gangs and the football terraces. Random violence did happen, of course It did but the difference today is the statistics for random violent crime on people singled out in the street.
    Over three days, I have read about a bride beaten up on her wedding day by male yobs meaning she spent the night in hospital, simply because she was wearing a goth wedding dress.
    Yesterday, was the case of Police hunting two female teenage muggers who not only assaulted the woman, they punched her two year baby in the head.
    I have been reading today about a mother who was so badly beaten in the street by a male thug that she had to have her eye removed. Her crime was to ask him not to swear infront of her young daughter.
    Sophie Lancaster was beaten to death in a park by male teenagers because she was dressed as a Goth.
    I could go on and on. That is the difference today. The lack of consideration for other people has reached such depths that they are kicking to death a young girl in a park and punching the eye out of a mother in the street.
    Read this article Spot from two days ago. I know It's the Daily Mail but It does tie in with the rise in crime stats of youths. Why do you think even the Labour Government announced very recently that 'Yob Culture' was a pandemic?
    In the bumph I have from the 'Restorative Justice Programme', It states that two thirds of violent crime are carried out by under 18's. You need to get In the real world Spot.

Random attack by thugs every 30 seconds as 'stranger assaults' soar in binge Britain | Mail Online

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:41 AM

There is less respect now and there was. No doubt about that. The world is full of disrespect from all ages. It would seem that some parents do not show their children how to respect all people and their belongings!

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    11:41 AM

Re: Such a selfish, thoughtless society that we live in. 'I, me, my' all the time

Register to remove this ad.
    Could it not be suggested that it's not a matter of never having seen selfishness rather it's more so about how selfishness etc.. is represented more so in relation to population increase in the logarithmic sense? Perhaps it's more so apparent now due to this? A hypothesis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast