Thread: Abdominal Hernia

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    03:21 PM

Re: Abdominal Hernia

Quote Originally Posted by CARLA View Post
    Here is a link to video's on youtube you can check it out for yourself.

HERNIA SURGERY - Google Videos

The doc is the one who diognosed me, & he recommended the band! He also said that the surgery was a nasty proceedure, with having to add a some sort of mesh over the problem area. And then if re-agravated, the surgery would need to be done again! So . . .
    Thanks CARLA, I quickly looked at the link through half closed eyes, & quickly then shut it off. I can't look at that stuff, especially if it involves me! I've never had surgery, & will do whatever it takes to keep it that way!
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    12:21 PM

Talking Re: Abdominal Hernia

I understand, I on the other had have had more surgeries than I can remember.
    I know its hard to look at but being informed and aware if you decide at some point that it's to uncomfortable and your ready you will have the knowledge you need to prepare for it. If nothing else go to WebMD - Better information. Better health. and learn about the procedure.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

I had it over 6 years ago and it is not that bad. Why risk it getting to the point where you have no choice?

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by cars View Post
    Thanks for your replies, I can not bring myself to opt for elective surgery. So I will try getting the Abdominal band, and hope that will be the answer! Thanks again.
    Was the abdominal band the answer for you?

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    Was the abdominal band the answer for you?
    Well peg, it does help somewhat!! Thanks for asking.
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    04:51 AM

Yes I had one and got the surgery to fix it. Jeez I was sore for a while but couple of weeks and that passes.

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Royd Fissure View Post
    Yes I had one and got the surgery to fix it. Jeez I was sore for a while but couple of weeks and that passes.
    Well the problem is I'm a chicken, I've never had surgery to date, & I just can't bring myself to do "elective surgery"! When/if it gets unbearable, I'll have to rethink it.

Anway, I was told I would need a mesh screen inserted over the area to fix the problem. Did you need a mesh screen to fix you up? Was it a major surgery, or were they able to do it Arthroscopy ?
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    07:21 PM

Well the problem is I'm a chicken, I've never had surgery to date, & I just can't bring myself to do "elective surgery"! When/if it gets unbearable, I'll have to rethink it.

Anway, I was told I would need a mesh screen inserted over the area to fix the problem. Did you need a mesh screen to fix you up? Was it a major surgery, or were they able to do it Arthroscopy ?
    Cars, as long as it is not causing you problems, you will be okay not having the surgery. But if it starts becoming painful and interfering with digestive process, then you will have to get it fixed. Now the question to ask yourself, is if it is better to just do it, or wait till you have a strangulated gut. And no, mesh isnt always used. It is quite an individual case by case thing.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Cars, as long as it is not causing you problems, you will be okay not having the surgery. But if it starts becoming painful and interfering with digestive process, then you will have to get it fixed. Now the question to ask yourself, is if it is better to just do it, or wait till you have a strangulated gut. And no, mesh isnt always used. It is quite an individual case by case thing.
    Yeah, that's kind of my way of thinking. It's wrong I know, My motto has always been: If it ani't broke, don't fix it"! Right now, it is damaged, when it's broke, I'll have no choice! It is very purplexing for me, cause I know it would be better to have it done now when I'm younger, then when older!
    But . . . . . .
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.

They used the mesh on me. It wasn't arthroscopy. That was over 8 years ago and things improve. If I had to do it over again, yes I would and surgery terrifies me too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast