Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Hoarders

  1. #1
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    04:23 PM

    Hoarders

    I'm completely flabbergasted at the fascination with keeping numerous things that have absolutely no immediate significance in anyone's lives other than ones desire to keep it so I'd like to try and help anyone with the attitude of helping themselves from what, to me, is an obvious issue.

    Anyone on the forum a "pack rat"/hoarder?

    Anyone have experience with "pack rats"/hoarders?

    I've watched a few episodes of "Hoarders" on television and have to say I'm very concerned in most cases for the health and well being of the individuals that live inside these homes.

    Of 28 years of life on God's green BEAUTIFUL Earth I've never thought for one second someone would have the desire to keep a dead cat dwelling in the corner of her home but apparently getting rid of it would have been a bit more than she could handle. Am I to suspect this sort of thing is more common than most realize? I believe so

    Living amongst mice flopping around what I could only imagine would be considered, to them, "Heaven" I regress the truth of ill health!

    PLEASE! PLEASE!, for the sake of all that is Holy GET RID OF THE MOUSE POOP!

  2. #2
    Scrat
    Guest

    Re: Hoarders

    I guess you could call me one but I don't think its so bad. I have over 100 scale models of various kinds, mostly armor and a lot of aircraft. I have a lot of them packed away because I simply can't have them all out at one time. Some are broken awaiting repair that I never seem to get time to do. I have some in various stages of completion and currently 2 being worked on. I can't seem to get this under control so I guess I'm a hoarder of a kind.

    I've got a lot of tools also. A LOT.

  3. #3
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    04:23 PM

    Re: Hoarders

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrat View Post
    I guess you could call me one but I don't think its so bad. I have over 100 scale models of various kinds, mostly armor and a lot of aircraft. I have a lot of them packed away because I simply can't have them all out at one time. Some are broken awaiting repair that I never seem to get time to do. I have some in various stages of completion and currently 2 being worked on. I can't seem to get this under control so I guess I'm a hoarder of a kind.

    I've got a lot of tools also. A LOT.
    Would you consider all that you keep is entirely limited to the models?

    I assume this is all limited to one room...

  4. #4
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:23 PM

    Re: Hoarders

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    I'm completely flabbergasted at the fascination with keeping numerous things that have absolutely no immediate significance in anyone's lives other than ones desire to keep it so I'd like to try and help anyone with the attitude of helping themselves from what, to me, is an obvious issue.

    Anyone on the forum a "pack rat"/hoarder?

    Anyone have experience with "pack rats"/hoarders?

    I've watched a few episodes of "Hoarders" on television and have to say I'm very concerned in most cases for the health and well being of the individuals that live inside these homes.

    Of 28 years of life on God's green BEAUTIFUL Earth I've never thought for one second someone would have the desire to keep a dead cat dwelling in the corner of her home but apparently getting rid of it would have been a bit more than she could handle. Am I to suspect this sort of thing is more common than most realize? I believe so

    Living amongst mice flopping around what I could only imagine would be considered, to them, "Heaven" I regress the idea of ill health!

    PLEASE! PLEASE!, for the sake of all that is Holy GET RID OF THE MOUSE POOP!


    The people on that show have a obsessive/compulsive disorder.


    They are not the usual pack rats that we see and hear about that must keep certain things, these people have a very serious disease.

    They keep everything and anything, they cannot help it, this disease can be cured.




    myself, if its no good....out in the trash it goes as I hate any room full of crap.
    Life is just to short for drama.

  5. #5
    Bucket List Ticks mrsK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,421
    Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    06:23 AM

    Re: Hoarders

    I collect old tins & Rooster figurines.
    I have a lot of old cow bells as well.
    Some are on show,then I pack them away & get more out.
    Having said that I cannot stand clutter or things not in their place.
    Our daughter collects things as well.
    Husband collects coins & tools
    It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.

  6. #6
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    04:23 PM

    Re: Hoarders

    Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    The people on that show have a obsessive/compulsive disorder.


    That is all they think about, they are not the usual pack rats that we see and hear about that must keep certain things, these people have a very serious disease.

    They keep everything and anything, this disease can be cured.
    Well sure...

    I know a girl whom claimed her father was a "pack rat" and his house wasn't overly impenetrable...It was far too cluttered for my prolonged sense of comfort but hey people are people...

    I am, however, very concerned with people that let their house get so out of control their kids end up with hantavirus pulmonary syndrome

  7. #7
    Scrat
    Guest

    Re: Hoarders

    I assume this is all limited to one room...

    No. I have a Tiger tank glued to the refrigerator and tanks on top of the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Airplanes on all the walls.

    If it's hoarding I can live with it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:23 PM

    Re: Hoarders

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrat View Post
    I guess you could call me one but I don't think its so bad. I have over 100 scale models of various kinds, mostly armor and a lot of aircraft. I have a lot of them packed away because I simply can't have them all out at one time. Some are broken awaiting repair that I never seem to get time to do. I have some in various stages of completion and currently 2 being worked on. I can't seem to get this under control so I guess I'm a hoarder of a kind.

    I've got a lot of tools also. A LOT.
    no, that's not a pack rat, your a collector of tanks and aircraft's.

    sounds exciting to have so many!

    I go in stages of collecting different items, mine now are authentic wild life photos.
    Life is just to short for drama.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Jazzy Lounge
    Posts
    2,920
    Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    12:23 PM

    Re: Hoarders

    I cannot stand it myself. Every time I go to my friends house, I want to call for a dumpster She has collected dolls and they are all over her house
    There are dolls staring at me from every nook and crany and you have to move them to even sit down It's down right creepy in her house and I truly have to force myself to go and visit her.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:23 PM

    Re: Hoarders

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    I cannot stand it myself. Every time I go to my friends house, I want to call for a dumpster She has collected dolls and they are all over her house
    There are dolls staring at me from every nook and crany and you have to move them to even sit down It's down right creepy in her house and I truly have to force myself to go and visit her.
    oh god, I hate that!

    just so much darn clutter everywhere!

    that would be creepy, with them all staring at you.
    Life is just to short for drama.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts