Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Bill of Rights for Animals?

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    10:15 AM

Re: Bill of Rights for Animals?

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    When a bear will allow me to crap in the woods without getting mauled I will allow the bear its rights.
    Stay off their toilet and you'll be fine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bear_on_toilet-12463.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	30797  

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    When I light a Ciggerette, I don't get In my car and mow down an Innocent child.
    An Example:

I was OUTSIDE my Docs surgery waiting to be called. He was running late so I went for a Cigg outside. A woman came out and objected to my smoking near the door. I politely told her that I would stand further away from the door. Then she got Into a 10 seater gas guzzler, revved her engine feet away from me, enveloping me in a haze of exhaust fumes. It was at this point I told her to F**K off.
    Anyone who critisizes smokers are 9 times out of 10 damn hypocrites as this woman was.
    The people who object to smoking are usually the one's who will run down a child In their car because they have had one to many to drink or dosed up on prescription drugs. Then they belch out their exhaust fumes polluting our planet yet with a smug over-tone because they don't smoke... Yeah.. well try walking to get your McDonalds next time.

You are correct that SUV's are just as bad.

So long as the cost of smokes include the cost of medical treatment to reverse the damage caused by smoking (cancer, stroke, heart disease, etc) ... and your bad health practices are not driving up health insurance costs for everyone else. it's no one else's business.

I would suspect though, other people are subsidizing the total cost of a person's health abuse. Since with the cost of medical treatment, I doubt there's a way to make smoking and treatment self-sufficient. A pack might have to be well over $100, to cover the cancer treatments alone.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    07:15 PM

I think that when it comes to environmental issues and issues of the planet such as the way we treat each other and the other inhabitants of this planet we share, it comes down to this:

Intent

Your actions, are that out of love.

Yes you rescued that bird, and cared for it, and because of that it is better off.

The animals that you care for and love are part of your family; your intention is one of kindness and love. And that is the measurement we should use.

The objectives of most zoos are honorable ones. To preserve, protect and care for wild life and to share the knowledge with the general public so that they too can care.

Even in farming and fishing, there are humane ways of doing it where the care of the animal and even the transportation of the animals can be done so in a caring way. There are many farmers who have this ethic.

Poachers and those who treat animals with no dignity or respect only do so because first of all, they themselves have no regard for life, but more so do it because it is profitable and the reason for this is because there are others who despite the knowledge of the crimes, still pay to eat ‘bush meat’ or pay to get shark cartilage because they think it is some kind of medicine.

The actions of these people who pay is one of moral depravity, and they are no different that the people who abuse human rights and are involved in the activities of human trafficking and other disgraceful acts of inhumanity. They are no different than those who run the soulless businesses that continue to poor pollutants into the rivers and lakes, and hide behind the profits of Wall Street to justify their acts.

They hold no moral code, and no bill of rights, be it for animal or human can stop them.

So, don’t question your actions or convictions, it is people like you that bring positive change to the world. Continue to rescue the animals you care for, your calling in life is no less important than those who are called to rescue humans and go off to work in NGO’s and live by choice in the worst suffering areas of the world.
    It is out of love.

Maybe there will be a bill of rights for animals one day.

Visionaries make change, and very few are visionaries.

Leaders make change, and very few are leaders.

There are hundreds of people who are willing to make change happen, but not lead, and there are hundreds of people who will fight change from happening and will stand against for no reason other than the fear of change

For everyone one person who yells ‘stop it, this is wrong’ there are thousands telling him/her to sit down and shut up.

Do I believe Bill of Rights should happen for animals? No, but would I support you if you tried to make it happen? Yes I would.

Because your intentions are good.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    Stay off their toilet and you'll be fine
    Finally, someone with some good advice.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    01:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    When a bear will allow me to crap in the woods without getting mauled I will allow the bear its rights.
    -the bear was there first.

you invaded their space.
    Life is just to short for drama.

Banned
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    06:15 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinie View Post
    I think that when it comes to environmental issues and issues of the planet such as the way we treat each other and the other inhabitants of this planet we share, it comes down to this:

Intent

Your actions, are that out of love.

Yes you rescued that bird, and cared for it, and because of that it is better off.

The animals that you care for and love are part of your family; your intention is one of kindness and love. And that is the measurement we should use.

The objectives of most zoos are honorable ones. To preserve, protect and care for wild life and to share the knowledge with the general public so that they too can care.

Even in farming and fishing, there are humane ways of doing it where the care of the animal and even the transportation of the animals can be done so in a caring way. There are many farmers who have this ethic.

Poachers and those who treat animals with no dignity or respect only do so because first of all, they themselves have no regard for life, but more so do it because it is profitable and the reason for this is because there are others who despite the knowledge of the crimes, still pay to eat ‘bush meat’ or pay to get shark cartilage because they think it is some kind of medicine.

The actions of these people who pay is one of moral depravity, and they are no different that the people who abuse human rights and are involved in the activities of human trafficking and other disgraceful acts of inhumanity. They are no different than those who run the soulless businesses that continue to poor pollutants into the rivers and lakes, and hide behind the profits of Wall Street to justify their acts.

They hold no moral code, and no bill of rights, be it for animal or human can stop them.

So, don’t question your actions or convictions, it is people like you that bring positive change to the world. Continue to rescue the animals you care for, your calling in life is no less important than those who are called to rescue humans and go off to work in NGO’s and live by choice in the worst suffering areas of the world.
    It is out of love.

Maybe there will be a bill of rights for animals one day.

Visionaries make change, and very few are visionaries.

Leaders make change, and very few are leaders.

There are hundreds of people who are willing to make change happen, but not lead, and there are hundreds of people who will fight change from happening and will stand against for no reason other than the fear of change

For everyone one person who yells ‘stop it, this is wrong’ there are thousands telling him/her to sit down and shut up.

Do I believe Bill of Rights should happen for animals? No, but would I support you if you tried to make it happen? Yes I would.

Because your intentions are good.
    Brilliant Post Mike.

You know... The deadliest virus on this planet is MAN. Man has brought about all that Is bad In the world... not animals.

You may know already but my thing is Foxes. Some months ago I posted a thread that I had taken my back yard and had It patio'd hoping to start up a Orphan Fox cub rescue. Nothing on a grand scale but it's big enough for me to take a few runs. Most things take time and I am very nearly at my goal and hoping to have my first orphan cubs very soon. I could write pages about why I love Foxes so much but I think It's because they get such a rough deal.
    For example, I was on the phone to a Fox rescue centre in Kent only yesterday and they had a tiny cub brought in who was rescued by a passer by from a group of yobs kicking him around the road. He arrived covered in cuts and bruising and on full vetinary Inspection, was found to be stone deaf. Vixens have an In-built detection where they will abandon cubs that are not all there to survive In the wild. This cub was taken In by a deaf lady and she actually taught the little fella sign language to communicate.

I just don't understand any-one who has no respect for our fellow species. Were we not all created the same with the same rights?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9