nottinghamshire home of robin hood and those men in tights
    Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time
    04:53 AM

the sun says the AA grumpy column

hello just a quickie today from the grumps
    this from the sun says

WHATEVER Jon Venables did to be sent back to prison, it had to be bad.

So said Albert Kirby, the senior detective who led the James Bulger murder inquiry.

And Mr Kirby was absolutely right to say the public SHOULD be told the whole truth.

So why the Westminster conspiracy to cover up the facts?

First, Home Secretary Alan Johnson said the public DID have the right to know what Venables has done.

But then Justice Secretary Jack Straw said HE alone would decide, and it would stay secret.

A humiliated Mr Johnson backtracked.

Who is pompous Jack Straw to act as self-appointed judge and jury on what the country can be told?

There is too much secrecy creeping into our justice system. The Yorkshire Ripper has been trying to keep his freedom bid quiet.

Thanks to Mr Straw, inquests can now be held in secret.

Yet the foundation stone of our courts is that justice is SEEN to be done.

Jon Venables, with Robert Thompson, committed one of Britain's most appalling crimes when he cruelly killed James.

James's mother Denise Fergus was not alone in thinking it was a mistake to release him in the first place.

Nobody, least of all Jack Straw, has the right to keep the truth about Venables from the public.

Read more: The Sun Says | News Comment and Opinion from Today's Newspaper| The Sun
    /article244723.ece#ixzz0h7BFD6ra

no more lies no more secrets mr straw the government must be open about this or how can the public trust liebour in this or any other election.
    AAG

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time
    05:53 AM

Re: the sun says the AA grumpy column

Quote Originally Posted by pantoandy View Post
    Yet the foundation stone of our courts is that justice is SEEN to be done.
    This is true everywhere though, isn't it?

We all want justice to be SEEN to be done, but in reality decisions are made behind closed doors and the general public are given a final result, no details are given and we are not told how or why that final decision was reached.

There were some arguments a while back, here on FG. We all wanted justice to be SEEN to be done, but in reality decisions were made behind closed doors and we, the FG members, were given a final result, no details were given and we were not told how or why that final decision was reached. Any questioning resulted in a cop-out answer of "You wouldn't understand"! Pffft!

All governing bodies are the same!

Banned
    Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    This is true everywhere though, isn't it?

We all want justice to be SEEN to be done, but in reality decisions are made behind closed doors and the general public are given a final result, no details are given and we are not told how or why that final decision was reached.

There were some arguments a while back, here on FG. We all wanted justice to be SEEN to be done, but in reality decisions were made behind closed doors and we, the FG members, were given a final result, no details were given and we were not told how or why that final decision was reached. Any questioning resulted in a cop-out answer of "You wouldn't understand"! Pffft!

All governing bodies are the same!
    I know exactly what you are refering to Rap and Yeah.

Back to topic.... I have said this on other threads but I do believe this is far more Political than most Imagine.
    This Is a crucial Pre-Election time for the Government. God forbid Venebles has Indeed claimed another victem, It would not be about him, It would be about the people who deemed him fit to walk the streets after just 8 years re-hab, losing their jobs and being held accountable. It would be a huge blow to the Labour Government when It was Blunkett that gave him his release. I do believe they are protecting themselves here without a jot of feeling for Jamie Bulger's mother and family.
    We live In a society where the victems have less rights than the criminal.
    I was sickened yesterday to read of the life Venebles had during his 8 years In re-hab. TV, Computers, days out with his father to watch football... All the things I'm sure Jamie Bulger would have loved had that murderous bastard not have finished him off. This Is wrong on a massive scale.

Andy... You know what to do.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    11:53 PM

Here's a good one from back at their release.

The Jamie Bulger case: Release of Thompson and Venables sparks rightwing media backlash
    -------------

So, am I understanding that you guys let some european court make their own decisions about your criminal trials?

Is that like the supreme court here? Only they don't have to even live in your country?
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Banned
    Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    Here's a good one from back at their release.

The Jamie Bulger case: Release of Thompson and Venables sparks rightwing media backlash
    -------------

So, am I understanding that you guys let some european court make their own decisions about your criminal trials?

Is that like the supreme court here? Only they don't have to even live in your country?
    Now you know why we have two mainstream Parties who will totally withdraw from the EU.

+ Reply to Thread