+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Roethlisberger suspended by NFL

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    07:13 AM

Re: Roethlisberger suspended by NFL

Now he can scrawl "suspended for Jesus" on his shoes.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    05:13 AM

Re: Roethlisberger suspended by NFL

Register to remove this ad.
    I was talking to my friend in Pittsburgh this morning and she said that "they" are making an example out of Rothlisberger. She said that he never should have put himself in that situation, he should have been more discreet. I posed this question to her: What would you have had Ben do, when he's in his hometown? Never go into a bar where adoring fans might include some female that would hope to entice him? Yes, I know, this hasn't been proven yet. Ok, then maybe this 28 yr. old football hero, single, with no wife waiting for him at home should be thinking of joining a monastery. I can't think of any man I've ever known, including my brothers, but excluding gay friends of mine, who wouldn't have been intrigued by an enthusiastic and purportedly eager young woman of 20. From the articles I've read on the event I haven't read one yet that says that the accuser was screaming or in any way protesting as she was being dragged to meet with her attacker.
    I would say that if, IF she said "NO", he should have stopped. But we don't know that that happened.
    I can't remember if the NFL did anything to Tom Brady on his paternity suits.

The following is from nearly 2 years ago.

Paternity Suits and Pro Athletes: The List
    By K. McKinney | Published: June 6, 2008
    On draft day in any professional sport, the highlight reels show young athletes celebrating the beginning of their pro careers, putting on a team jersey or cap, and smiling with the league commissioner for photo ops. Often, though, the next rite of passage for a young professional athlete in America is not exactly a photo opportunity – it’s a paternity suit.

For whatever social, psychological or sexual reason, pro athletes are having children out-of-wedlock at an epidemic rate. No sport is exempt – baseball, football, basketball, boxing, hockey and more. Child support payments are some athletes’ single biggest expense. Since Father’s Day is coming up soon, we thought we’d take a look at some of the more notable professional players (pun intended) who have been parties to paternity suits.

Paternity Suits and Pro Athletes: The List
    By K. McKinney | Published: June 6, 2008
    On draft day in any professional sport, the highlight reels show young athletes celebrating the beginning of their pro careers, putting on a team jersey or cap, and smiling with the league commissioner for photo ops. Often, though, the next rite of passage for a young professional athlete in America is not exactly a photo opportunity – it’s a paternity suit.

For whatever social, psychological or sexual reason, pro athletes are having children out-of-wedlock at an epidemic rate. No sport is exempt – baseball, football, basketball, boxing, hockey and more. Child support payments are some athletes’ single biggest expense. Since Father’s Day is coming up soon, we thought we’d take a look at some of the more notable professional players (pun intended) who have been parties to paternity suits.

List:
    Paternity Suits and Pro Athletes: The List | Celebrity Divorce Blog | MyFamilyLaw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3