Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What kind of coffee do you like best?

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:26 AM

Re: What kind of coffee do you like best?

I second (or third) the yummy review of cafe con leche. There is a Cuban restaurant about 5 miles away that serves it and does a great job.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Black, no sugar at all .. just the taste of the coffee ..
    Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Gevalia Traditional roast.
    Dash of milk or cream.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:26 PM

Gevalia is the largest coffee roastery in Scandinavia. In North America, the company sells coffee directly to consumers via home delivery.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

I like flat white or iced coffee. Has anyone here tried a Kopi Luwak or civet coffee?

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    10:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by barrykid View Post
    I like flat white or iced coffee. Has anyone here tried a Kopi Luwak or civet coffee?
    No on the lewak thing. Though my neighbor in Arkansas used to feed green coffee beans to his Midget Pig, and get kind of the same thing. I didn't much care for it. Dunkin is better.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by barrykid View Post
    My granddaughter lives in Manila and she tried civet coffee. Said it was pretty good. Different. A little too different for me, I think. She toured a coffee plantation and saw the process.
    From Wiki:
    The costliest coffee on earth has a humble proletarian beginning. As folklore has it, civet coffee, or kopi luwak in Indonesian, was discovered by plantation workers in colonized Indonesia. Forbidden from consuming coffee beans picked from the plants, they picked up, cleaned and then roasted the beans excreted by wild Asian palm civets that entered the plantations to eat the ripest coffee cherries. The civets’ digestive systems gave kopi luwak a uniquely rich aroma and smooth, rounded flavor — so much so that the Dutch plantation owners soon became die-hard fans.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

What baffles me is this tendency for English speaking countries to order coffee using foreign words that foreigners themselves don't recognize as descriptive of coffee. Where does this need to insist on "Americano" as a label for watered espresso come from? What twat thought it was clever the first time it was done in an English-speaking setting, and why has it become ubiquitous? What language are these imbecile labels in anyway? I don't want a watered espresso if all I want at that moment is any form of coffee which has no milk in it. If I want a coffee with cold milk added I'll ask for a coffee with cold milk added. That is not, apparently, a "latte", in which the milk has to be added hot and the coffee wrecked in consequence. What mindless deviant even thought up the recipe much less the label for that? I will not do it. I do not do it. I am the coffee shop assistant's nightmare when it comes to coffee. I ask for a translation of the list and then instantly forget what I hear. I can think of no other sales category where ordering in foreign is mandatory. The entire practice is bogus. I refuse to participate. I tend these days to order "filter coffee with cold milk added" which seems unambiguous and invariably leads to an unwanted discussion about the coffee menu. It doesn't help that my version of politeness falls short of other people's standards.

I'm headed to Naples in a few hours where I'll happily order ristretto at a street table, since I'll be in a place where English is not the native language (though it may be a lingua franca there, I have yet to discover that bit) and ristretto is the proper word for what I'll want to order. It is not the proper word for what I want to order if I'm in Bristol.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    What baffles me is this tendency for English speaking countries to order coffee using foreign words that foreigners themselves don't recognize as descriptive of coffee. Where does this need to insist on "Americano" as a label for watered espresso come from? What twat thought it was clever the first time it was done in an English-speaking setting, and why has it become ubiquitous? What language are these imbecile labels in anyway? I don't want a watered espresso if all I want at that moment is any form of coffee which has no milk in it. If I want a coffee with cold milk added I'll ask for a coffee with cold milk added. That is not, apparently, a "latte", in which the milk has to be added hot and the coffee wrecked in consequence. What mindless deviant even thought up the recipe much less the label for that? I will not do it. I do not do it. I am the coffee shop assistant's nightmare when it comes to coffee. I ask for a translation of the list and then instantly forget what I hear. I can think of no other sales category where ordering in foreign is mandatory. The entire practice is bogus. I refuse to participate. I tend these days to order "filter coffee with cold milk added" which seems unambiguous and invariably leads to an unwanted discussion about the coffee menu. It doesn't help that my version of politeness falls short of other people's standards.

I'm headed to Naples in a few hours where I'll happily order ristretto at a street table, since I'll be in a place where English is not the native language (though it may be a lingua franca there, I have yet to discover that bit) and ristretto is the proper word for what I'll want to order. It is not the proper word for what I want to order if I'm in Bristol.
    You'll pay double sitting at a table in Italy lol if you want to act like the natives you order it at the bar and stand, generally a double shot and down it in one marching off again within minutes.

The thing about americano, espresso, cappuccino and latte is that they are universally recognised labels for ordering coffee anywhere. Not many places have filter coffee on the go anymore as it tends to stew and the majority want freshly ground and brewed coffee. I can't stand filter coffee.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Tea.

Only drink coffee if I need an instant caffeine WHAM. It's the difference between massage and WWE.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast