Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of coffee do you like best?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    10:14 PM

Smile Re: What kind of coffee do you like best?

Oh, I must look into the mill grinder and roaster....never tried that.

I love coffee....grind the beans in the morning so I can smell the aroma of the coffee beans...heavenly!!

I love most French Roasted coffee beans....the darker beans with smoky overtones. Usually buy Arabica beans.

My coffee pot of choice is always a Farberware electric percolator and a Bialetti pot for expresso. Simple, inexpensive pots that always make a good cup of coffee. I also have all the Bodum presses and milk frothers.

I'd like to learn more about coffee and will definitely try roasting them myself and using a mill grinder.

I still like the old fashioned coffees though....Maxwell House, A&P's 8 O'Clock and Folgers at times.

Do you like expresso....if so which brand do you use?

Thanks for info....

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    08:14 PM

Re: What kind of coffee do you like best?

Well, let's see:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post
    Oh, I must look into the mill grinder and roaster....never tried that.

I love coffee....grind the beans in the morning so I can smell the aroma of the coffee beans...heavenly!!

I love most French Roasted coffee beans....the darker beans with smoky overtones. Usually buy Arabica beans.

My coffee pot of choice is always a Farberware electric percolator and a Bialetti pot for expresso. Simple, inexpensive pots that always make a good cup of coffee. I also have all the Bodum presses and milk frothers.
    Sounds like quite a setup, and sounds like you really enjoy Espresso and Cappuccino. Of course, that would be evident from your like of French roast and Arabica beans!

A mill grinder can grind to any consistency, but it particularly excels in coarser grinds. I've found it doesn't matter how coarse you set a blade grinder, you just can't get as coarse a grind as with a mill. It is particularly good for a French Press, in which the coffee is added to the water and screened out with a fine screen wire, but is good for a percolator, as well.

The only thing about a mill is, it is much slower than a blade grinder. Whereas the blade grinder will grind a batch in a few seconds, the mill will take several minutes.

I'd like to learn more about coffee and will definitely try roasting them myself and using a mill grinder.
    Go to the link in my post above. That site has a wealth of information on the subject, and naturally there is a wealth of information on the subject elsewhere on the 'net. They also have roasters available at a variety of prices, as well as mill grinders and other equipment. Oh yes...and a wide variety of beans!

Do you like expresso....if so which brand do you use?
    No, though I've tried Espresso (I had a couple of shots some years back while down in Miami), I'm not particularly fond of it. I like the standard roasts (Full City+ is as dark as I like to go), and prefer a standard "cup of Joe."

Thanks for info....
    You're very welcome! I'm a coffee fanatic, and when I came across this thread, well...nature took its course!

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by -kg- View Post
    Well, let's see:

Sounds like quite a setup, and sounds like you really enjoy Espresso and Cappuccino. Of course, that would be evident from your like of French roast and Arabica beans!

A mill grinder can grind to any consistency, but it particularly excels in coarser grinds. I've found it doesn't matter how coarse you set a blade grinder, you just can't get as coarse a grind as with a mill. It is particularly good for a French Press, in which the coffee is added to the water and screened out with a fine screen wire, but is good for a percolator, as well.

The only thing about a mill is, it is much slower than a blade grinder. Whereas the blade grinder will grind a batch in a few seconds, the mill will take several minutes.

Go to the link in my post above. That site has a wealth of information on the subject, and naturally there is a wealth of information on the subject elsewhere on the 'net. They also have roasters available at a variety of prices, as well as mill grinders and other equipment. Oh yes...and a wide variety of beans!

No, though I've tried Espresso (I had a couple of shots some years back while down in Miami), I'm not particularly fond of it. I like the standard roasts (Full City+ is as dark as I like to go), and prefer a standard "cup of Joe."

You're very welcome! I'm a coffee fanatic, and when I came across this thread, well...nature took its course!
    Ahhhhh, it's nice to have another coffee drinker here. I just started liking expresso recently. It's a nice treat in the pm, but I make it a bit weaker and just may add a wee bit of Kahlua to it....yummy.

Thanks for all the info, and it's nice to meet ya!!

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    08:14 PM

I LOVE that penguin!

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by -kg- View Post

I LOVE that penguin!
    The little bugger is on the beach every day begging for coffee...so I left him a big mug !!

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    06:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by golden11 View Post
    What kind of coffee do you like best?
    I like either sugar or cream in my coffee.
    i like coffee without sugar,the bitter,the better..

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

i like Strong coffee... with sugar...

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Hmm.. me too,
    My favorite coffee is also black coffee or strong I like to prefer.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

I love Coffee with cardamom.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    07:14 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    I like hot coffee but with sugar... Apt to dring during Winter season...!!! Very much helpful to relief from headache, cold and fever.
    Environment friendly [link removed do not put it back] from phiferindia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast