Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I love ME ME ME!

skittles2004

I love ME ME ME!

I love my heritage! I just spent a couple of nights watching my great grandma. She told me a lot about what it use to be like, for Navajo's. Of course this was all spoken to me in navajo which is cool i understood it because not a lot of people do. She told me that when she got married she was the richest person. Navajo's went on how many sheeps or animals you had. When she got married it was an arranged marriage. She said because she was rich the other family had to give her four horses, 3 cows and 10 sheeps. i thought that was cool. to this day she has about close to 500 animals. I thought it was awesome that women were in charge more then men. i love being Native.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    08:11 PM

Re: I love ME ME ME!

Fantastic story about your grandma. Write all those down so you don't forget them. You will want to remember those forever. When you have kids you can have an "I love ME ME ME!" Saturday and spend all day telling stories.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    10:11 PM

That is soo cool Skittles another idea, tape record your gran. And then tape record your interperetation in english for future, ie your kids, the local museum etc.
    That is awesome and so you should be proud of your roots. I wish more of our native american folks could say the same. They are such a rich part of our rich history.
    Ok our history here is a wee bit brief as our province celebrates it's hundredth year anniversary this year but so much of it is about the native americans.
    Yay Skittles.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

it's wonderful you have such pride in your ancestry, i agree, it would be a valuable video record for your family and your tribe.

skittles2004

Quote Originally Posted by Jives
    Yah Ta hey, Sh'kiss! Zhoniay! (sp) That means ( I think) How's it going, my friend?! That's great!

You go Skittles! I wish I had a little more heritage. I do have some rather famous relatives, Abraham Lincoln was my second cousin (on my mother's side), my father's uncle was Ephram Zimbalist Jr., and Burl Ives is related to my cousins, but truthfully, although the Ives family tree stretches back to the Battle of Hastings where my family was given a large land grant for our part in the battle, I am the last of the Ives. No make children will bear my name down the centuries, and my only other relative is my sister.
    yeah, you might want to work on the writing! Abraham Lincoln! Your kidding right?

very bored and alone
    That is one the stupid thing ever. jk native pride!!!!!!! represent. \m/ i am here to steal your monkey!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by very bored and alone; 04-28-2005 at 10:49 AM. Reason: messed up!

skittles2004

Quote Originally Posted by lady cop
    it's wonderful you have such pride in your ancestry, i agree, it would be a valuable video record for your family and your tribe.
    True. but were basically one of the hugest tribes! So i'm not worried that we'll disapear anytime soon!

Senior Member Philadelphia Eagle's Avatar
    Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time
    12:11 AM

Good for you, Skittles!

People often forget what a rich heritage this country has through its native peoples.

Those who talk of America having only a relatively short history miss the point entirely.

What they really mean is that our Anglo-Saxon heritage is relatively brief - which it is.

However the history of the indigineous tribes goes back a very long way indeed'

You're very fortunate to have had an opportunity to learn so much from your great-grandmother.

I'm sure you will follow the advice of the opther posters and preserve this important piece of history for your future children.
    America the Beautiful
    website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/

very bored and alone

I wish I understood Navajo more. Half the time my grandmother is talking to me I have no clue what she is saying. I'm working on it though, I am taking a Navajo class this year and the next and so on. Hopefully I will become fluent in it and be able to write, read, and speak it.

skittles2004

Register to remove this ad.
    Tell me about it. I can understand my grandma. I just can't talk back to her. All i can say is Oh, and Do Dah, hati'la, and ya ah te shi ma sani!

+ Reply to Thread