+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worksman Bicycles

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:16 AM

Worksman Bicycles

I'm going to take a chance to guess that this forum also includes bicycles so here goes....

I just ordered a new (been waiting to buy one for 5 years) Workman cruiser bike built to my order....AND THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!

Ordered it on line to be built to match my Workman PAV Trike. Yellow with an internal hub gearing 3 speed on the trike, 7 speed on the bike, alloy wheels with stainless 11 ga. spokes , and kevlar tires.

These bikes are an industry standard being built like tanks for decades of rough hard service. The "civilian" version like mine is considered to be the Humvee of bicycles that will go anywhere and do anything and come back for more. Worksman are not bicycles for sissy's.

Weight weenies would NOT like these bikes since they often weight in at around 50>80 pounds dressed out. But oh Lord the ride!! With that kind of weight your ride is going to be butter smooth!!!!!!

I've already bought a few items to "customize" the bike when it gets here to match the Worksman I rode at my job for 35 years to clone my work bike. Oh Lordy, I can hardly wait !!!!!!!

Oh yes, I did the motorcycle thing in the 70's > 80's riding a BMW all over the central U. S. but I found that to be sooooooo darn boring and time consuming always having to keep the bike up. Always did prefer the simplicity of bicycle since they are such elegant machines.

http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_s.../cruisers.html

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    12:16 PM

Re: Worksman Bicycles

they often weight in at around 50>80 pounds dressed out.
    I take it there are no hills where you live?

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

I quite like the old fashioned look of that bike. I have a Claude Butler mountain bike which gets locked up in my shed for far too long. It needs an airing. The saddle is far too small for a rear end the size of mine. The one on that Worksman looks about right
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

I quite like it as well, nothing beats the oldies.

we want a pic when you get it.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I take it there are no hills where you live?
    Yes, there are hills where I live but not where I ride.

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Sharp looking bike, TW.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

The pedal adapters that let me put wide pedals on the bike and my stainless steel fenders are here ready to go on. Now where's my bike????? Damn, it's taking forever to deliver the bike.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Spent the weekend mountain biking with a teenage nephew. I feel really really unfit.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

IT'S HERE!!!! My new bike was delivered 8/20/10 at 11 am!! Now , after unboxing it, all I have to do is put it together with all the custom parts I bought for it!!

One thing that makes me sad is that somewhere down the road I'm going to have to re-paint the entire bike. Oh, I'm not mad about it really. You see when my bike was being built it was super,super hot in New York City and air dry paint don't dry or spray worth a damn in that kinda heat. Worksman's only choice would have been to shut the plant down until the weather cooled but as we all know in this economy that would have been very bad for business overall. The paint on my Worksman trike is beautiful but it was built in the early spring of 2004 when the weather was cooler.

All that said, I'm very please with my new bike and plan on many hours of riding and tinkering with it over the years.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
    IT'S HERE!!!! My new bike was delivered 8/20/10 at 11 am!! Now , after unboxing it, all I have to do is put it together with all the custom parts I bought for it!!

One thing that makes me sad is that somewhere down the road I'm going to have to re-paint the entire bike. Oh, I'm not mad about it really. You see when my bike was being built it was super,super hot in New York City and air dry paint don't dry or spray worth a damn in that kinda heat. Worksman's only choice would have been to shut the plant down until the weather cooled but as we all know in this economy that would have been very bad for business overall. The paint on my Worksman trike is beautiful but it was built in the early spring of 2004 when the weather was cooler.

All that said, I'm very please with my new bike and plan on many hours of riding and tinkering with it over the years.
    That doesn't make any sense. Surely putting out bikes that haven't been painted properly would be even worse for business.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast