Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    10:53 AM

Re: My Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Oh you changed your avatar.
    yes, quite often.

does this mean I have the personality of a green iguana.........no.

I have heard a fine meal of crickets can be quite tasty!

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    04:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    oh yes, you are drop dead gorgeous!
    Well hulloooo there, yooo sweet talkin' thang. LOL
    You're too kind by far Odie. (or perhaps you were being sarcastic. lol)

I actually look at folks avatars very closely as It reveals a great deal about their personality and It reflects generally the way the member views them-selves and not as others may view them.
    I think we tend to post avatars as how we would like to be and not how we are In real life. Hoppy as an example usually has the Western theme and I deduce from that, he longs to be a Mustang Rustler on the High Plains.
    Nomad posts his for The Minnesotta Vikings for he craves that 'Touchdown In real life....
    It Is enlightening when members join you on Facebook and you see the real person behind the avatar and they are not what you ever expect.
    I was shocked with Nomad as I had conjured up an Image of a Hobbit In a Shack when In actual life, he Is fairly handsome. I say 'fairly' for on reading this, his head may explode.
    Dubs was an eye-opener for me on Facebook as he Is quite shaggable... I say quite as we do not want 2 heads exploding at once.
    Then there are the one's who use young groovy chicks as their avatar but upon seeing them In a real pic, one has to guffaw behing the sofa.
    You can tell the BNP members here Binbag... we all use the death avatar,
    I get the Impression from your avatar that you see your-self as a congenial gramps type kind of guy..... I like that...
    Hah, I was waiting on the punch line there, but you surprised me Oscar.
    I myself would never have put it quite like that.

O alright then, you've persuaded me, that's what I think also. LOL
    Seriously though, I'd hate to be thought of as a grumpy old Papa, I don't know why some old people become grumpy; aches and pains and all the rest that sometimes sits alongside getting older I guess. Rather sad really.

I'll be 66 at the end of the year and honestly, in my mind, I'm still somewhere around 30. My beloved is the same. Mind you, people are living longer these days, so I think 70 is the new 60, if you know what I mean. (he says as he pops is clogs)

My health could be better, much better, but everything, I feel, is down to one's own personal attitude to life, or, as they say nowadays, personal "take" on life.
    Here endeth the first lesson.

Now then, if I may, your reply was an excellent insight into Avatars. I too look at them, but not in the manner you've described. I only ever loosely wondered why such and such an avatar was chosen; you, have added an excellent dimension I would never have thought of. Thank you for that.

binbag.
    Just above the clouds
    the sun is always shining.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    03:53 PM

I change mine depending on how i feel,,, sometimes i keep the same one for ages and other times i can change it 3 times in as many days,,, but then i am a gemini so that may explain it a bit
    Sometimes my avatar has a special meaning to me...and other times it has no meanig at all

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Banned
    Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    What do you deduce from my avatar, then, Oscar ?
    I deduce from your avatar a car that reflects your personality. A used car that has been round the block a few times with a few miles on the clock. Built for endurence, this car exudes experience of life and a wise engine under-neath a some-what rusting bonnet.

Banned
    Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by binbag View Post

Hah, I was waiting on the punch line there, but you surprised me Oscar.
    I myself would never have put it quite like that.

O alright then, you've persuaded me, that's what I think also. LOL
    Seriously though, I'd hate to be thought of as a grumpy old Papa, I don't know why some old people become grumpy; aches and pains and all the rest that sometimes sits alongside getting older I guess. Rather sad really.

I'll be 66 at the end of the year and honestly, in my mind, I'm still somewhere around 30. My beloved is the same. Mind you, people are living longer these days, so I think 70 is the new 60, if you know what I mean. (he says as he pops is clogs)

My health could be better, much better, but everything, I feel, is down to one's own personal attitude to life, or, as they say nowadays, personal "take" on life.

Now then, if I may, your reply was an excellent insight into Avatars. I too look at them, but not in the manner you've described. I only ever loosely wondered why such and such an avatar was chosen; you, have added an excellent dimension I would never have thought of. Thank you for that.

binbag.
    So I was pretty near the mark eh? At 66 you are that congenial Gramps type that I envisaged. I know exactly what you are saying as my husband Is 66 years old also but It Is at this stage that I must clearly point out that I had not been born at the time my husband was joining the RAF... There-fore I am much younger, wiser and far better looking.
    I often use avatars of Kauto Star, mainly because I Idolise the horse but also due to having a yearning to be a champion Jockey riding Kauto In the Gold Cup.
    In fact, when anaylising avatars on forums, the one's who have fluffy kittens tend to get beaten up and the one's who have stronger avatars are the one's who get Into the heated political debates.
    It really Is fun working out a member by the avatar.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

I deduce from your avatar a car that reflects your personality. A used car that has been round the block a few times with a few miles on the clock. Built for endurence, this car exudes experience of life and a wise engine under-neath a some-what rusting bonnet.
    How very dare you Mrs ! One or two 'iffy' comments there, I must say! You are right, though, suggesting that the car reflects my personality. No nonsense, 'don't mess with me', 'I'm quicker on the uptake than I look', just because my roof is white doesn't mean to say that I'm 'passed it', I have hidden depths ! Oh and by the way, my bonnet is not some-what rusting - it is white, mate, and proud !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Banned
    Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    How very dare you Mrs ! One or two 'iffy' comments there, I must say! You are right, though, suggesting that the car reflects my personality. No nonsense, 'don't mess with me', 'I'm quicker on the uptake than I look', just because my roof is white doesn't mean to say that I'm 'passed it', I have hidden depths ! Oh and by the way, my bonnet is not some-what rusting - it is white, mate, and proud !
    I didn't mention the 2 deflated tyres

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    11:53 AM

Oscar, You are so funny and wacky

Binbag, you're a lovely man and so kind.

GIll, You're always a sharp, shooting hot mama.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    10:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by binbag View Post

binbag.
    gosh no, I wasn't being sarcastic my dear.

I don't think avators reflect on anything, I change mine all the time, pending my mood, and if I have found something different, I can be a sexy cowgirl right down to a green iguana!

Being 66 is far from old as far as I'm concerned, I'm 59 and never have felt my age, its all got do to with how you set your mind and how you think.

My health could be better to, but who's couldn't be?

I've seen much much younger people a lot worse off than us.

and your a great addition to forumarden!

here's some coffee and brownies for our next talk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	browniesdecadents.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	34659   Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee-pot-808-1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	34658  

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I didn't mention the 2 deflated tyres

Funny you should mention those .................. I've had to get two new ones for my front, as the others were well worn !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast