Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Life After Death Story - Take that Atheists!

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    03:00 AM

My Life After Death Story - Take that Atheists!

I am pretty saddened by the aggressive and depressing atheists we have around here. What's worse, I know for a fact that they don't really know what they're talking about. They're like water-haters who have never been swimming, decrying the evil of water and never realizing their bodies are made up of the stuff.(Hmmm...great analogy, I'll have to remember that one!)

It is this kind of childish terror in the face of the infinite which causes religionists like yourself, Saint, to suck greedily on the Big Pacifier called ‘God’.
    And it is your egotistical hubris and overbearing self-love that causes you to turn your back on the beauty of Creation and it's Creator. You believe you are the end-all of being, I believe in something greater which naturally challenges your belief.

This isn't a debate that I actually have to win. Time will do that for me. I know that you will believe in God for real...right after you die. The old saying that "There aren't any atheists in foxholes," may or may not be true, but there sure aren't any atheists in the afterlife.

Here's how I know for a fact that they are all wrong and that there is life after death:

For a year, I was getting sicker. The doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt like I was filled with wet cement, I was getting stiffer and stiffer, and the pain was incredible. (They tell me now that it compares to childbirth) By the time the year was up, I literally couldn't walk. I had to use a cane and I could barely shuffle, and if I sat down, I couldn't get up. I was even beginning to have trouble focusing my eyes. Since I couldn't eat due to the pain, I had lost over 70 lbs. and looked like a Holocaust survivor. My friends told me I looked like a living skeleton.

One night, about midnight, I woke with a terrible feeling. I was sick! Something was desperately wrong with me! Not just the pain I had been feeling, but something much, much worse! I tried to call out to my wife, but my voice wouldn't work. I fell out of the bed and managed to crawl upwards to a standing position using the dresser handles. As I stood there holding on to the dresser, suddenly... I was outside my body!

I was standing behind myself. I could see the back of my own head. And that's weird, because usually you don't get to see that angle. I was looking at the curls that I have back there and my first thought was, "Geez, I need a haircut."

Then, my body lost its hold on the dresser, fingernails scratching the top as the body collapsed heavily to the floor in a heap. It didn't even try to catch itself. It hit hard and bounced a little. I stood there shocked thinking, "Wow, that looked like it hurt!"

Then I realized it... I was outside my body. The recognition was instant and hit me like a wave. Suddenly, I was afraid to move. I felt like I might pop myself like a soap bubble. I turned my "head" slowly to the left... the room was quiet. My wife was still in the bed, sleeping softly. A feeling washed over me. It was a feeling of calm and peace. I was so relieved, I felt great! I wasn't hot or cold, I felt good all over and most of all, the pain of my body was completely gone, I thought, "Oh, that feels so much better!" (I hadn't truly realized just how much pain I had been in until it was lifted.) I felt like someone had rolled a Volkswagon off of me.

Then I saw them....

They looked a lot like candle flames, larger at the bottom and tapering to a smaller and rounded top, but not flickering at all, just softly glowing a warm, white light. They were a little bigger than a football, some were slightly bigger than the rest and they were hovering all around the room at various heights.

I kept scanning and noticed that they were also out on the lawn, and in the street. Through the trees, I could see that they were even on the next block. There were thousands of them! That's when I suddenly realized I was looking right through the wall! Now, you have to understand, this was not some hazy, out of focus vision. Everything was crystal clear. The details of the room were crisp, even more than normal; my sight seemed to have improved.

I realized that these were people, and that they were my people. I wonder, "Why do I have so many people?" The answer came to me as a thought, "Down the generations” I got it right away, a family goes back in time thousands of years, these were all my people from all time.

For what seemed like an eternity, I stood there, feeling the cool night air and drinking in the sensation of being free of the pain. Strangest of all, I wasn't breathing, but I didn't feel the building pressure of holding my breath. I just didn't need to breathe. I wasn't hungry, thirsty, or anything else in fact. Funny thing that.

The little candles flames did nothing however. They seemed to be waiting for something. They told me, "We are waiting," and I felt a great love coming from them.

I looked to my left slowly, to see my body huddled on the floor motionless. The next second there was a flash of light and BAM! I was back in my body. I was completely disoriented and it took a second for me to realized where I was. The angle was strange since I was on the floor on my side and I could see under the bed. The room was very dark again. I realized I was back in my body. My first thought was, "Damn! That DID hurt!" My body was aching in a hundred places from the fall and the pain had viciously returned.

My wife heard my moans and woke up. I told her to take me to the hospital and with great effort we managed to drag my body to the car and drive to the hospital.

The doctors told me that I had had a "coronary incident" and that my heart had stopped beating for as much as two minutes. (I didn't suffer any brain damage, though, since I'm an avid swimmer, and can hold my breath easily for that amount of time.) Since I had technically "died", they decided there might actually be something wrong with me.

They ran 300 blood tests, every one in the book. When they came back the answer was as clear as a bell...RA. Rheumatoid Arthritis, the worst kind. It's not just an inflammation of the joints; it's the exact opposite of AIDS and in the old days, every bit as lethal. My own white blood cells could no longer tell the difference between bad bacteria and my own tissues. They were literally eating me alive.

Once they got to the internal organs, I suffered the heart attack. It was no problem after that, a dose of steroids, an autoimmune suppressor and I was literally dancing a jig (on atrophied muscles) by the end of the day.

I'm back to normal now, a strapping, barrel-chested 230 lbs. I can swim, run a short distance, and I'm even hoping to ski again next year. But I'm changed in a big way. I really never took life for granted, I always knew that every day was precious, but now it's not an abstract concept to me. I smell the flowers. I ride my bike, I make sure to kiss my girl and tell her I love her every day. I made a tire swing for my grandchildren and I swing in it myself every chance I get.

I was certainly never afraid of death, but it's different now. I find it of infinite comfort to know that you don't cease to exist when your body dies. I had faith before, but it's infinitely stronger now. God was very kind to me for some reason.

I guess I still have something to do here!

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    10:00 AM

Re: My Life After Death Story - Take that Atheists!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    I am pretty saddened by the aggressive and depressing atheists we have around here. What's worse, I know for a fact that they don't really know what they're talking about. They're like water-haters who have never been swimming, decrying the evil of water and never realizing their bodies are made up of the stuff.(Hmmm...great analogy, I'll have to remember that one!)

And it is your egotistical hubris and overbearing self-love that causes you to turn your back on the beauty of Creation and it's Creator. You believe you are the end-all of being, I believe in something greater which naturally challenges your belief.

This isn't a debate that I actually have to win. Time will do that for me. I know that you will believe in God for real...right after you die. The old saying that "There aren't any atheists in foxholes," may or may not be true, but there sure aren't any atheists in the afterlife.

Here's how I know for a fact that they are all wrong and that there is life after death:

For a year, I was getting sicker. The doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt like I was filled with wet cement, I was getting stiffer and stiffer, and the pain was incredible. (They tell me now that it compares to childbirth) By the time the year was up, I literally couldn't walk. I had to use a cane and I could barely shuffle, and if I sat down, I couldn't get up. I was even beginning to have trouble focusing my eyes. Since I couldn't eat due to the pain, I had lost over 70 lbs. and looked like a Holocaust survivor. My friends told me I looked like a living skeleton.

One night, about midnight, I woke with a terrible feeling. I was sick! Something was desperately wrong with me! Not just the pain I had been feeling, but something much, much worse! I tried to call out to my wife, but my voice wouldn't work. I fell out of the bed and managed to crawl upwards to a standing position using the dresser handles. As I stood there holding on to the dresser, suddenly... I was outside my body!

I was standing behind myself. I could see the back of my own head. And that's weird, because usually you don't get to see that angle. I was looking at the curls that I have back there and my first thought was, "Geez, I need a haircut."

Then, my body lost its hold on the dresser, fingernails scratching the top as the body collapsed heavily to the floor in a heap. It didn't even try to catch itself. It hit hard and bounced a little. I stood there shocked thinking, "Wow, that looked like it hurt!"

Then I realized it... I was outside my body. The recognition was instant and hit me like a wave. Suddenly, I was afraid to move. I felt like I might pop myself like a soap bubble. I turned my "head" slowly to the left... the room was quiet. My wife was still in the bed, sleeping softly. A feeling washed over me. It was a feeling of calm and peace. I was so relieved, I felt great! I wasn't hot or cold, I felt good all over and most of all, the pain of my body was completely gone, I thought, "Oh, that feels so much better!" (I hadn't truly realized just how much pain I had been in until it was lifted.) I felt like someone had rolled a Volkswagon off of me.

Then I saw them....

They looked a lot like candle flames, larger at the bottom and tapering to a smaller and rounded top, but not flickering at all, just softly glowing a warm, white light. They were a little bigger than a football, some were slightly bigger than the rest and they were hovering all around the room at various heights.

I kept scanning and noticed that they were also out on the lawn, and in the street. Through the trees, I could see that they were even on the next block. There were thousands of them! That's when I suddenly realized I was looking right through the wall! Now, you have to understand, this was not some hazy, out of focus vision. Everything was crystal clear. The details of the room were crisp, even more than normal; my sight seemed to have improved.

I realized that these were people, and that they were my people. I wonder, "Why do I have so many people?" The answer came to me as a thought, "Down the generations” I got it right away, a family goes back in time thousands of years, these were all my people from all time.

For what seemed like an eternity, I stood there, feeling the cool night air and drinking in the sensation of being free of the pain. Strangest of all, I wasn't breathing, but I didn't feel the building pressure of holding my breath. I just didn't need to breathe. I wasn't hungry, thirsty, or anything else in fact. Funny thing that.

The little candles flames did nothing however. They seemed to be waiting for something. They told me, "We are waiting," and I felt a great love coming from them.

I looked to my left slowly, to see my body huddled on the floor motionless. The next second there was a flash of light and BAM! I was back in my body. I was completely disoriented and it took a second for me to realized where I was. The angle was strange since I was on the floor on my side and I could see under the bed. The room was very dark again. I realized I was back in my body. My first thought was, "Damn! That DID hurt!" My body was aching in a hundred places from the fall and the pain had viciously returned.

My wife heard my moans and woke up. I told her to take me to the hospital and with great effort we managed to drag my body to the car and drive to the hospital.

The doctors told me that I had had a "coronary incident" and that my heart had stopped beating for as much as two minutes. (I didn't suffer any brain damage, though, since I'm an avid swimmer, and can hold my breath easily for that amount of time.) Since I had technically "died", they decided there might actually be something wrong with me.

They ran 300 blood tests, every one in the book. When they came back the answer was as clear as a bell...RA. Rheumatoid Arthritis, the worst kind. It's not just an inflammation of the joints; it's the exact opposite of AIDS and in the old days, every bit as lethal. My own white blood cells could no longer tell the difference between bad bacteria and my own tissues. They were literally eating me alive.

Once they got to the internal organs, I suffered the heart attack. It was no problem after that, a dose of steroids, an autoimmune suppressor and I was literally dancing a jig (on atrophied muscles) by the end of the day.

I'm back to normal now, a strapping, barrel-chested 230 lbs. I can swim, run a short distance, and I'm even hoping to ski again next year. But I'm changed in a big way. I really never took life for granted, I always knew that every day was precious, but now it's not an abstract concept to me. I smell the flowers. I ride my bike, I make sure to kiss my girl and tell her I love her every day. I made a tire swing for my grandchildren and I swing in it myself every chance I get.

I was certainly never afraid of death, but it's different now. I find it of infinite comfort to know that you don't cease to exist when your body dies. I had faith before, but it's infinitely stronger now. God was very kind to me for some reason.

I guess I still have something to do here!
    What exactly does your expereince prove other than that you have a formidable imagination?

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind View Post
    What exactly does your expereince prove other than that you have a formidable imagination?
    Simple:

1. It proves that there is a force that exists after our death. (We Christians call it a "soul" but other religions have a similar belief.)
    2. Since we do not understand that force, it implies that there may be other forces we do not understand... including God.

As to your reference that this was all my imagination, I, of course, cannot prove it to you, despite the fact that similar stories exist stretching across mankind's history. But the fact that I am a teacher and a scientist should carry some weight. have you thought of this? If you are right and I am wrong, then we will cease to exist when we die and my belief in a Creator will not affect anything. But if I am right and you are wrong, you will face the Creator Himself. It seems to me that the logical course would be to hedge your bet and believe.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    10:00 PM

Interesting story Saint and I have heard about and read about many similar ones. I am neither a depressing nor aggressive atheist, just your plain old vanilla non believing atheist. We atheists don't seem to have the capacity to conjure up delusional images when near death, we just croak. I guess my non belief has caused me to miss out on some nice imaging with my past heath crisis.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

A lot of hate and anger there, directed to people who have wished you no harm. I would have expected more from someone who has so much faith. I happen not to share it but I hope it gives you personal comfort. As for God being very kind to you, do you not suppose it would have been much kinder not to let people suffer at all. Its very easy to see the miracle after a tragedy. A miraculous survivor amongst the rubble of a disaster. I would much prefer that the God you believe in would be more benevolent and giving and prevent the disaster and suffering in the first place.

I'll leave you to your anger and indeed your faith. I'm happy in the knowledge that some of us do indeed know what we are talking about so I'll leave you to your anger and indeed your faith
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    A lot of hate and anger there, directed to people who have wished you no harm.
    Incorrect. No hate or anger at all, just sadness. It's like watching someone drown and have them yell at you not to save them.

I would much prefer that the God you believe in would be more benevolent and giving and prevent the disaster and suffering in the first place.
    Why not go further and believe in a God that lets everyone win the lottery, never die, and be eternally healthy? Because that's not the way the Universe works, and we, sitting on a tiny dust speck of it cannot possibly comprehend that entire scheme of things. Heck, we don't even know what gravity is. What you seem to wish for is stagnation.

The point is simple: just because you can't understand something vastly larger than yourself doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. Without tragedy and strife how could we ever grow and change? Every challenge mankind has ever faced has served to slowly lift us higher. Seen closely, an earthquake is a tragedy. Seen from the perspective of ages, it is a blessing. We do not have the perspective to judge God.

some of us do indeed know what we are talking about
    Good, please explain gravity to me. You can't because no one can. Therefore no one knows what they are talking about in respect to that topic... or the topic of God.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Why not go further and believe in a God that lets everyone win the lottery, never die, and be eternally healthy? Because that's not the way the Universe works, and we, sitting on a tiny dust speck of it cannot possibly comprehend that entire scheme of things. Heck, we don't even know what gravity is. What you seem to wish for is stagnation.
    I don't understand the logic in that at all

No I can't explain gravity but that doesnt make me a bad athiest. You have a go. Your the scientist

As for you expecting people to take you on face value, remember. You have history
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Oh and please dont be sad for me. I dont need your pity. Thanks
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

i cant even be arsed to answer properly...got more imprtant things to worry about

im happy that you are happy but please dont presume you know better than me....please dont preach down to me and i will echo what snowfire said.........please dont feel sad for me or pity me..........im quite happy too with my own beliefs which is knowing that there is no God/Allah/Yahweh/etc*

and for the record i was brought up in a religeous environment but i 'saw the light'

*delete as applicable

and like my sig says..........who are you to question why your God dosnt want me to believe in him?
    The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(\/)
    (-_-)
    (")(")

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Incorrect. No hate or anger at all, just sadness. It's like watching someone drown and have them yell at you not to save them.

The point is simple: just because you can't understand something vastly larger than yourself doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. Without tragedy and strife how could we ever grow and change? Every challenge mankind has ever faced has served to slowly lift us higher. Seen closely, an earthquake is a tragedy. Seen from the perspective of ages, it is a blessing. We do not have the perspective to judge God.

Good, please explain gravity to me. You can't because no one can. Therefore no one knows what they are talking about in respect to that topic... or the topic of God.
    No one knows what they're talking about with regard to the topic of God. I can certainly agree with that statement. Absolutely no one.
    As for gravity. We know what it is, we just can't find its source. It is unlike electromagnetism or the nuclear forces (the weak ones having anything up to three different polarities).
    Science at least provides evidence to back up its statements. Religion requires an utter belief and faith based on statements that have no evidence and do nothing but make people subservient to another claiming to be an appointed leader.
    If you want to follow the bible or whatever creed you follow and believe in a supernatural being superior to yourself to the point of being your creator, and feel superior to atheists and any other people who believe otherwise, that's your business. You certainly don't need anyone else's permission to do that.
    I'll stick with my scientific version of it all. And I don't need anyone's permission to do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast