Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My Life After Death Story - Take that Atheists!

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    01:58 PM

Re: My Life After Death Story - Take that Atheists!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    thought and reason supercede
    By relying only on thought and reason you leave no room for the unreasonable. See?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    01:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind View Post
    I also have had an out of body experience and seen the back of my head. There is no proof that there is an afterworld...
    You contradict yourself by stating that you have been in the afterworld but that there isn't such a thing... in the same paragraph.

Well, it's been fun, but I've got to go now, I have work to do. I really didn't think to sway any opinions here, merely point out how I, myself, know that there is a God. No hard feelings.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    08:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    By relying only on thought and reason you leave no room for the unreasonable. See?
    I'm struggling with the logic in that one too. So, no I don't see
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    08:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    You contradict yourself by stating that you have been in the afterworld but that there isn't such a thing... in the same paragraph.

Well, it's been fun, but I've got to go now, I have work to do. I really didn't think to sway any opinions here, merely point out how I, myself, know that there is a God. No hard feelings.
    I said nothing of experiencing the afterworld. Look again.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    07:58 PM

Looking at this from a different perspective, do we really know that this world we live in exists? Or is it perhaps just a collection of beliefs to which most of us subscribe and hence make it real?

Just a musing...
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Premium Member
    Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

That's a very philosophical musing Theia .

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    07:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    That's a very philosophical musing Theia .

Tis a bit, isn't it Fuzzy, especially for late on a sunday night
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    11:58 AM

Saint, I think your story is fascinating. One of my brothers said he had an out-of-body experience several years ago. He isn't religious at all and didn't know what to make of it but he was very clear about describing it and knowing that he was not asleep. I think perhaps I had one when I was about 10 years old and running a high fever. I have since attempted to induce one, during a time I was dabbling in strange phenomena and I had a somewhat frightening experience so I never tried it again.
    Years ago while viewing the body of a dear friend, in a funeral home, I had a very clear thought that the dynamic energy that had once been her in life, had to have gone somewhere, that it had merely changed form or moved elsewhere. I had the same thought about myself the other day, that if my physical body should suddenly stop breathing, that my consciousness must survive. What does a scientist say about the energy or force that makes us what we are?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    11:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    Looking at this from a different perspective, do we really know that this world we live in exists? Or is it perhaps just a collection of beliefs to which most of us subscribe and hence make it real?

Just a musing...
    There are schools of thought that believe that I (or you) am the only one for whom the world exists. I forget from Philosophy 101, which school that is, but I get to be "IT".

This is not exactly what I was looking for but . . .« Moving ForwardChristian Lite »I Am (is) God
    Published on June 25, 2008 in Beyond Theism and Daily Commentary. 0 Comments If one doesn’t use ancient King James religious language, some Christians will label you a heretic or maybe a member of a cult organization. The religious definition of a cult is anyone who has ideas that don’t agree with yours. Thus, the world is full of cults. But, I digress. God has a NAME and it’s not God, it’s I AM!

Various cultures name God based on their religious traditions. This Creator of the universe is called God by Christians, Yahweh by Jews, Allah by Muslims, Vishnu by Hindus, and so on. But, in reality, God’s name and more importantly, His nature, is I AM. Admittedly, it takes some time (a lot of time for most) to get the concept down.

In the Christian text (Exodus 3), Moses is being commissioned by this God and he wants to know who he can tell the people it was that has sent him. God says, “I AM that I AM. Tell them that I AM has sent you to them.” I’m sure Moses stood with his mouth wide open in disbelief. So, God added, “I AM is my name FOREVER: this is my title in EVERY generation.”

Okay now. What’s all this mean? What’s the esoteric meaning here?

We are one with I AM. We cannot separate ourselves from I AM which is our essential being and nature. In the film and book, the “Moses Code” there’s this secret (so they say) that’s in the form of a comma! I am THAT (comma), I AM. I am what? I AM whatever I AM looking at. I AM whatever I AM feeling. I AM my imagination which is more than mind, more than my conscious thoughts.

Since ALL the world is connected, I AM whatever it is I see.

Too many see poverty, lack, and fear. All of these are things that come from WITHIN so in order to change from fear to faith is by way of a SUBJECTIVE appropriation of the OBJECTIVE hope. We lvie inside out. I AM that (add a feeling and a thing here) and after casting your bread (thoughts) on the water for a season, it will come back to you.

Spirit, Consciousness, Christ, God, and I AM are ONE! Are you BEING?

0 Response to “I Am (is) God”
    Feed for this Entry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Comments

Premium Member
    Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    We are one with I AM. We cannot separate ourselves from I AM which is our essential being and nature. In the film and book, the “Moses Code” there’s this secret (so they say) that’s in the form of a comma! I am THAT (comma), I AM. I am what? I AM whatever I AM looking at. I AM whatever I AM feeling. I AM my imagination which is more than mind, more than my conscious thoughts.
    more philosophical musings .....suddenly this thread just got interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast