06:11 AM

Lightbulb Psalm 109:8

A prayer for Obama.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:11 PM

Re: Psalm 109:8

A somewhat ghastly proposal when aimed at a specific person, that. And rather shameful.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    09:11 AM

There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8”

A nice sentiment?

Maybe not.

The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Biblical anti-Obama slogan: Use of Psalm 109:8 funny or sinister? - CSMonitor.com

I sure agree with you, Spot.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8”

A nice sentiment?

Maybe not.

The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Biblical anti-Obama slogan: Use of Psalm 109:8 funny or sinister? - CSMonitor.com

I sure agree with you, Spot.
    Funny or sinister? No, those aren't the only two choices. Heartfelt is another one. Entire congregations and millions are praying Psalm 109:8, in abundance. We pray sincerely for God's mercy on America. Amen.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonBear View Post
    Funny or sinister? No, those aren't the only two choices. Heartfelt is another one. Entire congregations and millions are praying Psalm 109:8, in abundance. We pray sincerely for God's mercy on America. Amen.
    Bull****. You need to consider how the psalm continues...
    May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow. May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes. May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor. May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children. May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation. May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the LORD; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out. May their sins always remain before the LORD, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

For he never thought of doing a kindness, but hounded to death the poor and the needy and the brokenhearted. He loved to pronounce a curse - may it come on him; he found no pleasure in blessing - may it be far from him. He wore cursing as his garment; it entered into his body like water, into his bones like oil. May it be like a cloak wrapped about him, like a belt tied forever around him.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

This is only to be expected really, when you consider how many presidents have been murdered in America over time. There isn't a man or woman born, who can please all the people all of the time. It seems to me that anybody going for the position of President in the U.S.A. is on a suicide mission. Perhaps somebody can inform me of how many Presidents have met with a violent end at the hand of American citizens?
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Hi spot. I know very well how that Psalm continues. That's why the colon and verse 8 appear, very specific.

Again, we pray for God's grace on America. We believe it's on the way and we're already grateful. But that's another subject. Good day!

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Bull****. You need to consider how the psalm continues...
    May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow. May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes. May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor. May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children. May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation. May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the LORD; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out. May their sins always remain before the LORD, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

For he never thought of doing a kindness, but hounded to death the poor and the needy and the brokenhearted. He loved to pronounce a curse - may it come on him; he found no pleasure in blessing - may it be far from him. He wore cursing as his garment; it entered into his body like water, into his bones like oil. May it be like a cloak wrapped about him, like a belt tied forever around him.

OH MY GOD SPOT SAID BULL****!!!!

That's it I'm dobbing on you

I was going to go into a diatribe of look at the rest of the text but you beat me to it.

BUT YOU SAID BULL****!!! I love it!!!

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

My personal view....it's WRONG and spiteful. Are things so bad in the US ? He was democratically elected to serve his term. When that's over I'm sure 'the people' will 'speak' and he will be in / out ...whatever the voters wish.

What a lazy way to get a point over....to steal it (out of context) from the Bible

The entire Psalm is a heartrending peice of prose if anyone cares to read it.
    A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    09:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonBear View Post
    A prayer for Obama.
    This tone will be the doom of Christianity, IMO. Christians should heed the warnings of their own doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    13"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.[c] 15"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
    16"Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.

23"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. ...

33"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

+ Reply to Thread