Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Requests.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    07:03 PM

Prayer Requests.

Hi

I've opened up this Prayer Request thread for anyone who, like me, believes in the power of prayer.

There's a few people I know who’ve been in need of a prayer or two and this is just the place I could have posted them.

Be it marital, financial, illness, or any of the many other problems experienced in life, all that is required is a mention that a relative, a friend, yourself even, or simply somebody you've heard of who is experiencing a problem or difficulty and is in need of a prayer. No need for names.

Unless you particularly want to post a prayer in response to a request, just a short reply acknowledging the prayer request has been read is all that's required.

bb
    Just above the clouds
    the sun is always shining.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Re: Prayer Requests.

A good friend of mine I’ve known since childhood is in desperate need of prayers for his partner and himself.

His partner’s suffering from Alzheimer's. Not surprisingly he’s finding it very difficult to cope. He loves her deeply, looks after and cares for her, doing everything that’s required of him, and I mean everything.

She’s confused, attempting to run away on several occasions, and is desperate to go back to her “family” home to see her mum, but her family have all gone now. He’s tried his best to explain that to her, even taking her to the old family home to show her they’ve all gone.
    As is the case with many confused Alzheimer sufferers, it was to no avail.

One of the side issues that compound his problems is that they live in a flat where the neighbour above them has modern wooden paneling flooring. Naturally noise penetrates the boards and the neighbour likes to bounce a ball off the floor for their dog to catch.

He’s spoken nicely to them explaining his partner’s condition however the response he got was “well there’s nothing I can do about the noise”.

What I’m very concerned about at the moment is that my friend is very near the edge, likely to explode and act out of character if anyone says the wrong thing to him.
    He’s mentioned a few times he’s going to take a swipe at those above him and be prepared to go to jail for it.
    To put it mildly, he’s clearly at the end of his tether.

I’d really appreciate it if you would keep them both in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for reading.
    bb
    Just above the clouds

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:03 PM

They are both in my thoughts. Please explain to him if he goes to jail, she will be on her own and unsafe.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    They are both in my thoughts. Please explain to him if he goes to jail, she will be on her own and unsafe.
    Thanks Peg.

I've already mentioned that to him, but your reply is a timely reminder for me to bring it into the conversion the next time he brings the subject up again.

We'll be in touch over the week-end as I like to contact him at least once a week.

He does phone me, in fact he phoned me at 11:15pm during the week, just for a chat, but to be honest he really doesn't know what day of the week it as times. His days are very busy looking after his partner. It's a full time job for him taking care of her.

He gets a break two days a week when a professional carer takes her out for a couple of hours each visit, but he's still under a lot of strain.

My wife and I really do feel so sorry for both of them, so I thank you again.

bb
    Just above the clouds

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    11:03 AM

binbag

They are in my prayers.

Shalom
    Ted

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    binbag

They are in my prayers.

Shalom
    Ted

Thank you Ted. I appreciate that, and for taking the time to reply.

bb
    Just above the clouds

anomaly
    Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

A prayer for the living.
    I recently read a poem that my living daughter wrote in memory of my dead son. She lamented that God could do something so cruel to her mommy. I had recently been thinking about Noah and how I don't think of him very often anymore even though it's only been about a year and I haven't scattered his ashes yet, and don't want to yet, I still have his little hand and footprints that the hospital gave me from his corpse after I gave birth to him. I don't have to be thinking of him all the time to remember that I loved him.

I don't blame God for taking him. I'm thankful that I had the idea of him at all and the reminder of how precious life is. I'm thankful for the ability to keep on living and to focus on those that are alive with me instead of endlessly mourning for the lost.

It is a beautiful thing when a life is saved but it is also a beautiful thing to remember that even when people we love die, there are lots of other people left who still need our love and attention.

I offer up a prayer for the survivors of loss, that they can keep themselves in the world of the living and keep their faith that there is meaning in the world.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

koan:

AMEN

I lost a baby sister when I was about 5-6. She was born with spina bifida. She lived for about 4-5 weeks but with all the surgeries she could not survive. I can fully appreciate your daughter's and your loss. My mother never got over that.

You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings
    Ted

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    A prayer for the living.
    I recently read a poem that my living daughter wrote in memory of my dead son. She lamented that God could do something so cruel to her mommy. I had recently been thinking about Noah and how I don't think of him very often anymore even though it's only been about a year and I haven't scattered his ashes yet, and don't want to yet, I still have his little hand and footprints that the hospital gave me from his corpse after I gave birth to him. I don't have to be thinking of him all the time to remember that I loved him.

I don't blame God for taking him. I'm thankful that I had the idea of him at all and the reminder of how precious life is. I'm thankful for the ability to keep on living and to focus on those that are alive with me instead of endlessly mourning for the lost.

It is a beautiful thing when a life is saved but it is also a beautiful thing to remember that even when people we love die, there are lots of other people left who still need our love and attention.

I offer up a prayer for the survivors of loss, that they can keep themselves in the world of the living and keep their faith that there is meaning in the world.
    koan, that's the most beautiful and inspirational prayer request I've read in a long time. It's been an honour to read it.

I join Ted in keeping you in my prayers.

Just a note, I converted a rather nice a 6"x4" scent box my wife no longer uses and made it into a small prayer box.
    Each time I receive a request I write it down on a little peace of paper and pop it into the box via a small opening I made on the lid.

Every time I pass the box I've found it to be a reminder to keep in mind the people, and their issues, whose names are mentioned on these little pieces of paper.

I mention it only to let you know you'll be continually in mind.

Best wishes.

bb
    Just above the clouds

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Here’s a request for a chap who had to have part of his tongue removed as it was cancerous. After the cancer was cut out, the surgeon sowed his tongue to his cheek to help it heal.

Now, after a few months and after his stitches were removed, the cancer has returned.
    He has to go back to hospital for nine days of chemo.

He’s in a lot of pain, cannot speak and can only eat liquid food.

I can’t imagine the despair and pain he’s suffering.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Thanks.

bb
    Just above the clouds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast