Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How sad.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    02:04 PM

Re: How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    True enough, but the activism has to have enough people to form a group. I had a smaller than group size picture of the oppression in the story. If I was in an oppressed minority and didn't want to leave the country I'd migrate to an area that had enough of my own kind that we could be a group.
    There's plenty of precedent. It encapsulates the history of San Francisco, for example.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    08:04 AM
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

What does that article carry as a message, in your opinion? Pro-active humanitarian central Pakistani government? All's well with Pakistani law? Oh look she's still alive, fancy that?

Or are we still going on about if she was living in America she'd not be jailed for what she was accused of, so obviously America's better than Pakistan? Because if that's what it is, there's plenty of people suffering in American jails for acts which are just as arbitrarily criminalised as hers.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    What does that article carry as a message, in your opinion? Pro-active humanitarian central Pakistani government? All's well with Pakistani law? Oh look she's still alive, fancy that?

Or are we still going on about if she was living in America she'd not be jailed for what she was accused of, so obviously America's better than Pakistan? Because if that's what it is, there's plenty of people suffering in American jails for acts which are just as arbitrarily criminalised as hers.
    I knew this would end up being Americas fault.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:04 AM

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    And America has no blame in this? Pakistan has been an American client state since it split from India after independence. And the U.S. under Reagan, funded these Islamic revolutionary groups when they were useful for fighting the Soviet Union. They just never planned ahead for the contingency of what would happen after the Soviet's left!

These stories about Christians, Hindus, and Sufi and Shia Muslims being attacked in Pakistan obscure the fact that this place tolerated minorities in the past and then turned rigidly theocratic and intolerant of all minorities. So what changed? I'm no expert on this part of the world, but these naked attempts to just blame it on their religion don't inform me as to why they were tolerant and relatively secular in the past. What caused all these changes, and what part of the blame falls on the CIA and all of the billions pumped into the Pakistani military.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by recovering conservative View Post
    And America has no blame in this? Pakistan has been an American client state since it split from India after independence. And the U.S. under Reagan, funded these Islamic revolutionary groups when they were useful for fighting the Soviet Union. They just never planned ahead for the contingency of what would happen after the Soviet's left!

These stories about Christians, Hindus, and Sufi and Shia Muslims being attacked in Pakistan obscure the fact that this place tolerated minorities in the past and then turned rigidly theocratic and intolerant of all minorities. So what changed? I'm no expert on this part of the world, but these naked attempts to just blame it on their religion don't inform me as to why they were tolerant and relatively secular in the past. What caused all these changes, and what part of the blame falls on the CIA and all of the billions pumped into the Pakistani military.
    Ummm... did you read the stories? the law has been on the books forever. The government person said that hanging for this offense has never been carried out. Also says that the government investigated and it appears to be women trying for revenge against a woman they don't like.

Man, talk about PMS
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Everything is dear

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    Everything is dear
    That was my point.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

The Pakistani judicial system doesn't annoy me, mainly because Pakistan's citizens don't smugly hold it up as an example of excellence to the world and then send their armed forces to other continents in a misguided lethal attempt to implant it elsewhere.

anomaly
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    06:04 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    Ummm... did you read the stories? the law has been on the books forever. The government person said that hanging for this offense has never been carried out. Also says that the government investigated and it appears to be women trying for revenge against a woman they don't like.
    ... and they would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast