Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THIS - and make up their own minds what it's all about.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    07:49 AM

Re: EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THIS - It is so beautiful !

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    It's the con-trick heading "The Video That Won First Place At Cannes" that put me off. There's the Cannes Film Festival which is what "Won First Place At Cannes" implies, and there's Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival which gives awards only to adverts and has sod all to do with the Cannes Film Festival at all. "The Video That Won First Place At Cannes" is a majorly grubby hook.

eta: Not that I can find an award from Cannes Lions either, I'm merely giving it the benefit of the doubt for the moment. A more accurate description's available elsewhere - "Produced by Niños con Cáncer, asociación AFANOC (Association for Children with Cancer), this Spanish Cancer advertisement is so good, some people claim it won a prestigious award". I wonder whether it did.
    Have not been here in months...........Butt ol spot is STILL the eternal naysayer!!!
    Guess nuttins changed much in the garden!!
    Other than the way we reply and these silly points......What the heck is that all about?
    "If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Have not been here in months...........Butt ol spot is STILL the eternal naysayer!!!
    Other than the way we reply and these silly points......What the heck is that all about?
    OOPSIE......................I forgot to mention ol AhSSho is... Still the ankle biter he always was (see his post above)

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Re: EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THIS - and make up their own minds what it's all about.

you know what...................**** on all you naysayers.............What a message in this video. What love that little girl showed for her brother, friend or who ever he is....
    If it didn't win a award it should have......Hell I give it the BTS video of the year award.....**** on the cannes BS award.

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post

You tell me, BTS, I think I've given up trying to understand how some people tick. It really puts me off ever introducing another thread onto Forum Garden. I know from my own experience that siblings can have the most amazing depth of love and compassion for each other, even though they may have disagreements and even fights. They would even lay down their life for their brother or sister. That feeling was portrayed in that little video. It is something which does in fact happen, and I really can't be doing with all the nit-picking. I deleted the bits that referred to so-called winning a top prize with that video, but I get the feeling that wasn't enough. Dogs and bones come to mind. I don't know why I damn welll bother.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Why are you so melodramatic about this, Gill? All you needed to do was leave Spot's first post alone instead of having to create an argument with him. He, like anyone else has a right to express his opinion. So he didn't reply like you wanted him to - big deal - move on, for god's sake. Are you controlling to the point that when a member doesn't say what you want them to you make an issue out of it....or is it only with Spot? Its not like he strayed off the topic, he gave you his perspective, deal with it or blow it off, but stop whining.

BTS, nice to see you too. How is the wife doing?

Incidentally, I'm guessing the owners of the charity and the people who created the video are hoping those that like it are willing to say so with their wallets. Have you figured out where to send your checks?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    05:49 AM

Don't let the curmudgeons get you down, G#
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Wow!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Thanks LarsMac. I try to disregard their attempts at ruffling my feathers, but what they are doing is picking holes in an innocently placed video that I thought others may like to see. Nothing sinister intended, yet they are finding cynical reasons why (in their opinions) it should be questioned ! It seems that most things to be included on a thread should be double checked before even considering it's inclusion. Well tough. And for those who think I'm being melodramatic over this - yes I bloody am, because I'm fed up with people trying to belittle others in public, and trash their thread content. There is too much of it going on. No wonder people are becoming disheartened about this site. I try to introduce a rather nice little video, to show that there still is innocent love in the world, and then BANG ! The nit-picking police stamp all over it. It may seem like somebody's opinion and they should be allowed their opinion, and yes I agree with that, but there is a way of making that opinion without belittling the OP'er and insinuating that the video is a fraud, or has a hidden agenda.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    08:49 AM

I think it's a lovely video Gill. It's nice to be reminded that there are many ways we can contribute to those suffering with cancer.

Keep posting Gill

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    04:49 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Thanks LarsMac. I try to disregard their attempts at ruffling my feathers, but what they are doing is picking holes in an innocently placed video that I thought others may like to see. Nothing sinister intended, yet they are finding cynical reasons why (in their opinions) it should be questioned ! It seems that most things to be included on a thread should be double checked before even considering it's inclusion. Well tough. And for those who think I'm being melodramatic over this - yes I bloody am, because I'm fed up with people trying to belittle others in public, and trash their thread content. There is too much of it going on. No wonder people are becoming disheartened about this site. I try to introduce a rather nice little video, to show that there still is innocent love in the world, and then BANG ! The nit-picking police stamp all over it. It may seem like somebody's opinion and they should be allowed their opinion, and yes I agree with that, but there is a way of making that opinion without belittling the OP'er and insinuating that the video is a fraud, or has a hidden agenda.
    Very well said!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast