Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, are we obsessed? What do the men say?

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:53 AM

Ladies, are we obsessed? What do the men say?

I recently read a good article in Glamour magazine. I've been trying to find it on-line, but so far, no luck. Basically, what it states is that how us women see ourselves and the physical things that concern us are NOT what and/or how our men see us.

For example: A group of men were asked, what is a bigger "turn-off" to you?
    1) Cellulite
    2) Women who complain about their cellulite.
    Something like 70% said the complaints were a bigger turn-off than actaul cellulite.
    There was a picture posted in the article of a woman at the beach in a bikini who was very pretty, and had a bit of a tummy. The men polled said she was gorgeous, a knock-out, and very sexy, while I saw the belly and thought, "If I had that tummy, I'd never wear a bikini!!" But because she was comfortable and confident, she was sexy.
    Apparently, according to this article, the things we obsess about, men just kind of shrug, and say, "What the heck are you talking about?"
    How aggravating is it to you to be innundated with all these images of what is "ideal" and how hard do you try to live up to them?
    And for the guys: Is there any truth to this? Do you think us women are truly crazy obsessing over the 3 or 4 extra pounds around our middles? Is it true that confidence in ourselves and being comfortable with our bodies is a bigger turn-on than a perfect "10"? Input please!!!
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:53 AM

Re: Ladies, are we obsessed? What do the men say?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRider
    I recently read a good article in Glamour magazine. I've been trying to find it on-line, but so far, no luck. Basically, what it states is that how us women see ourselves and the physical things that concern us are NOT what and/or how our men see us.

For example: A group of men were asked, what is a bigger "turn-off" to you?
    1) Cellulite
    2) Women who complain about their cellulite.
    Something like 70% said the complaints were a bigger turn-off than actaul cellulite.
    There was a picture posted in the article of a woman at the beach in a bikini who was very pretty, and had a bit of a tummy. The men polled said she was gorgeous, a knock-out, and very sexy, while I saw the belly and thought, "If I had that tummy, I'd never wear a bikini!!" But because she was comfortable and confident, she was sexy.
    Apparently, according to this article, the things we obsess about, men just kind of shrug, and say, "What the heck are you talking about?"
    How aggravating is it to you to be innundated with all these images of what is "ideal" and how hard do you try to live up to them?
    And for the guys: Is there any truth to this? Do you think us women are truly crazy obsessing over the 3 or 4 extra pounds around our middles? Is it true that confidence in ourselves and being comfortable with our bodies is a bigger turn-on than a perfect "10"? Input please!!!
    Wow BR interesting article, ... did you know if we were proportioned like the Barbie doll we would not be able to walk upright.
    You know as we age too, that "roundness" creeps up on us. I think confidence no matter what is key. I think men are smarter than portrayed. I think they accept imperfection better than us as they have less "in your face" stuff tossed at them daily to be perfect.
    Kind of a pharmacuetical mentality, "if we throw to the public the cure, they will create the desease and buy our product."
    If we toss out BS about perfect bodies we will develop insecure bodies and they will buy our product.
    Blame the media, and retail.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

The article is in the March issue of Glamour. If anyone knows a better way to get it, I'd love to post the whole thing. I read it, and then asked Bullet to read it, and he kept saying, "Yeah, YEAH! That's right! Exactly!"
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:53 AM

Yes, everything I have ever read states nothing is more of a turn-off to men than a woman complaining about body image. Confidence is sexy!

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce
    Yes, everything I have ever read states nothing is more of a turn-off to men than a woman complaining about body image. Confidence is sexy!

And sadly so many women still have not learned that. And that is not sad as in stupid, that is sad as in shameful that they were "made" to not have confidence.
    ― Mae West

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    05:53 AM

Posted by BabyRider:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It has been said that: "Beauty is in the Eyes of the beholder"!! That is absolutely true to a tee. Have you ever asked yourself what does He/She "see" in Him/Her?
    By asking yourself that question, apparently you did not see what that person saw! A perfect outter "10" fades over the years, while a perfect inner "10" endures forever! If a guy can't see past Holywood's creation/interpretation of a perfect "10" beauty, then he is only superficial, and should look in the mirror himself and see if he measures up to the perfect "10" Hollywood hunks! Most likely he'll be suprised!!! Women S/B confident & comfortable with themselves & that will outshine any "flaws" or concerns they may have!
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Thanks Cars! I really am curious what the guys have to say about this. I can read all the articles from here till rapture, but I'd like to hear the opinions of men I know and respect, so I appreciate your input.

Minks, what's ironic is, your sig lines kind of go along with this thread!
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:53 AM

yeah...i'm not a guy...hope that is okay that i stuck my big nose in too. i read your title as ladies are we obsessed? like you are asking ladies...oh well...never mind....i'm just one that has to jump on threads even if they were meant for guys. go figure!

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

No no, Sauce...I am absolutely interested in everyone's input. I had a hinky feeling someone was going to infer that I meant only guys when I posted my reply to Cars. If I meant guys only, I'd say so!
    ~Darrel Worley~

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyRider
    No no, Sauce...I am absolutely interested in everyone's input. I had a hinky feeling someone was going to infer that I meant only guys when I posted my reply to Cars. If I meant guys only, I'd say so!

I think women need to be re-programed to the motto "love yourself first" And need to be made aware that beauty comes in all forms.
    I grew up believing boobs were the be all end all (needless to say mine are small, always claimed I got my chest from my father ahahaha) and as a teen my brother and father loved to tease me about it. I kind of went through a phase of wishing for something larger, and had tossed around the idea of enhancement. But hit my 20's and thought screw that I love me as I am. And I love my boyish figure ahahahahahaha
    ― Mae West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast