Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 460 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4597

Thread: Science Disproves Evolution

  1. #4441
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,855
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

    Lightbulb Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I never met a "PHD Evolutionist"
    I just assumed they are the much-needed counterbalance to "PHD Spontaneous Generationalislsts", PHD Snake Oil Doctors, and Evangelists.

  2. #4442
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,421
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    10:08 PM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Did your high school never teach you critical reading skills?
    Well, I don't think they needed to. Common sense helps.

  3. #4443
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,438
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    08:08 PM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Well, I don't think they needed to. Common sense helps.
    Why, yes, it would.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

  4. #4444
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,421
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    10:08 PM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Why, yes, it would.
    Which is why I looked at the Creation evidence as compared to the Evolution that I was taught in School and the Creation evidence won. You may not agree, but I doubt you have really taken the time to consider the evidence. You won't even admit that it IS evidence, but it is.

  5. #4445
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,855
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

    Unhappy Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    LarsMac
    You're just not looking at the evidence subjectively enough to make a "common sense" conviction. I know it may be difficult but you just have to try harder and apply yourself to the task at hand in order to come to the correct conclusion.

  6. #4446
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,438
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    08:08 PM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    LarsMac
    You're just not looking at the evidence subjectively enough to make a "common sense" conviction. I know it may be difficult but you just have to try harder and apply yourself to the task at hand in order to come to the correct conclusion.
    OH MY GOSH!
    Why, you must be RIGHT. Thank you! I think I understand. Subjectivity is the KEY! I must work on that.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

  7. #4447
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,855
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

    Smile Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    OH MY GOSH!
    Why, you must be RIGHT. Thank you! I think I understand. Subjectivity is the KEY! I must work on that.
    You are true-blue & solid, LarsMac. I knew that once I explained it to you that you'd understand.

  8. #4448
    Senior Member FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,318
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    Sorry, but I must disagree with you here. It is an indisputable fact that everything worth knowing about life is well-documented in the bible. What you call "science" is the culmination of man's refusal to accept the Lord our God's Creation and such endeavour can only be described as Satanic, the Devil's work. You must purge this pseudo faith in Science and turn to the bible before it is too late to save your soul. You'll thank me some day.
    I would most certainly agree that Science is definitely the culmination of Man's refusal to submit to Superstition-based Deities. It is the method by which we seek the TRUTH.

    All Science commences with the premise of "I do not know".
    Science then takes the evidence then, based on this evidence formulates a hypothesis that might explain the evidence.
    Science then seeks more evidence & evaluates whether or not it supports the hypothesis or not. If not, then the hypothesis is likely to be falsified & discarded & the process begins again. If the evidence continues to support the Hypothesis, then Science then puts this Hypothesis, along with the evidence up for Peer Review in the hope that someone will be able to falsify it.
    Others will then examine the evidence closely & decide whether or not the Hypothesis has validity.
    Science then predicts the type of evidence that would validate the Hypothesis.
    Once sufficient evidence is found & that there is ample Peer Review the Hypothesis attains the status of a Theory, which is the highest standard in Science. It is never, however, an ultimate definite, as the very nature of Science is looking for ways to be proven wrong.

    Theism, on the other hand, works on the basis that it already knows all the answers, based on a book of Superstitious storys, written by primitives who knew nothing about the basics of Science. They didn't understand things like lightning, therefore it was caused by the anger of God throwing spears. They didn't understand stars, so it was determined to be holes in the firmament dome above the earth - holes which would also allow the rain to come in, as they didn't understand the rain cycle either. All of which were supposedly created by God. All of which preceded Science. Eventually, however, those with a bit of intelligence started to realise how stupid this was & looked to more realistic explanations, and thus Science was born.

    Theists still continue to Cherry Pick what they want from the Bible, glossing over the horrendously false statements made in said Bible, that were previously taken as absolute literal truths. Others will even deny the Scientific evidence, insisting that the Bible is still true, insisting that there is no such thing as Space Exploration, and that there really is a crystalline firmament, and that the earth is a flat disc - as specified in the Bible.

    Do you still hold to these Biblical truths or do you believe in the Science that has debunked these fantasies? Once you admit that the Bible is flawed in its stories then you have to acccept that it could be right about everything else.

    Furthermore, Evolution isn't necessarily entirely in conflict with Creationism, as it deals only with the changing of what already exists. Evolutionism isn't concerned with how the Primordial Slime was first formed. Although 99.9% of those who believe in Evolution would not give it any credibility, the Science of Evolution would have no evidence to suggest that it wasn't a God who created that Slime. Although, having said that, it is impossible to prove the non-existence of anything. I can't prove that there is no God, but I have never seen any evidence to prove that one exists either.

    This is where Occam's Razor comes in. If something can be explained in naturally demonstrable ways, why look for something less rational & more complicated in order to explain it?

  9. #4449
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,855
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

    Lightbulb Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I would most certainly agree that Science is definitely the culmination of Man's refusal to submit to Superstition-based Deities. It is the method by which we seek the TRUTH.

    All Science commences with the premise of "I do not know".
    Science then takes the evidence then, based on this evidence formulates a hypothesis that might explain the evidence.
    Science then seeks more evidence & evaluates whether or not it supports the hypothesis or not. If not, then the hypothesis is likely to be falsified & discarded & the process begins again. If the evidence continues to support the Hypothesis, then Science then puts this Hypothesis, along with the evidence up for Peer Review in the hope that someone will be able to falsify it.
    Others will then examine the evidence closely & decide whether or not the Hypothesis has validity.
    Science then predicts the type of evidence that would validate the Hypothesis.
    Once sufficient evidence is found & that there is ample Peer Review the Hypothesis attains the status of a Theory, which is the highest standard in Science. It is never, however, an ultimate definite, as the very nature of Science is looking for ways to be proven wrong.

    Theism, on the other hand, works on the basis that it already knows all the answers, based on a book of Superstitious storys, written by primitives who knew nothing about the basics of Science. They didn't understand things like lightning, therefore it was caused by the anger of God throwing spears. They didn't understand stars, so it was determined to be holes in the firmament dome above the earth - holes which would also allow the rain to come in, as they didn't understand the rain cycle either. All of which were supposedly created by God. All of which preceded Science. Eventually, however, those with a bit of intelligence started to realise how stupid this was & looked to more realistic explanations, and thus Science was born.

    Theists still continue to Cherry Pick what they want from the Bible, glossing over the horrendously false statements made in said Bible, that were previously taken as absolute literal truths. Others will even deny the Scientific evidence, insisting that the Bible is still true, insisting that there is no such thing as Space Exploration, and that there really is a crystalline firmament, and that the earth is a flat disc - as specified in the Bible.

    Do you still hold to these Biblical truths or do you believe in the Science that has debunked these fantasies? Once you admit that the Bible is flawed in its stories then you have to acccept that it could be right about everything else.

    Furthermore, Evolution isn't necessarily entirely in conflict with Creationism, as it deals only with the changing of what already exists. Evolutionism isn't concerned with how the Primordial Slime was first formed. Although 99.9% of those who believe in Evolution would not give it any credibility, the Science of Evolution would have no evidence to suggest that it wasn't a God who created that Slime. Although, having said that, it is impossible to prove the non-existence of anything. I can't prove that there is no God, but I have never seen any evidence to prove that one exists either.

    This is where Occam's Razor comes in. If something can be explained in naturally demonstrable ways, why look for something less rational & more complicated in order to explain it?
    Science disproves the bible but it does not disprove a Supreme Being. Those few words convey my refusal to disbelieve in Agnosticism.

  10. #4450
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,421
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    10:08 PM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    OH MY GOSH!
    Why, you must be RIGHT. Thank you! I think I understand. Subjectivity is the KEY! I must work on that.
    No, Objectivity is key. You are using your preconceived ideas rather than looking at the actual evidence and letting it speak for it's self.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 460 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Evolution
    By spot in forum Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 05:12 PM
  2. Normal Science is Lamp-Post Science
    By coberst in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
  3. Evolution
    By SnoozeControl in forum People
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 03:48 PM
  4. Evolution
    By SnoozeControl in forum Just For The Fun Of It
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 09:39 PM
  5. Did you know that evolution....
    By metalstorm in forum Did You Know?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 06:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts