Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4595

Thread: Science Disproves Evolution

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:39 AM

Re: Science Proves Evolution

AP: Scientists narrow age estimate for fossils of human ancestor

Scientists say they have finally calculated the age of the youngest known remains of Homo erectus, which is generally considered an ancestor of our species.

The fossilized skull fragments and other bones were uncovered on the Indonesian island of Java in the 1930s. Determining their age has been a scientific challenge, and a wide range has been proposed by numerous studies.

In a report released Wednesday by the journal Nature, scientists conclude the remains are between 108,000 and 117,000 years old. Researchers used five dating techniques on sediments and fossil animal bones from the area, combining 52 age estimates for the analysis. The project took 13 years to complete.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    06:39 AM

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I would most certainly agree that Science is definitely the culmination of Man's refusal to submit to Superstition-based Deities. It is the method by which we seek the TRUTH.

All Science commences with the premise of "I do not know".
    Science then takes the evidence then, based on this evidence formulates a hypothesis that might explain the evidence.
    Science then seeks more evidence & evaluates whether or not it supports the hypothesis or not. If not, then the hypothesis is likely to be falsified & discarded & the process begins again. If the evidence continues to support the Hypothesis, then Science then puts this Hypothesis, along with the evidence up for Peer Review in the hope that someone will be able to falsify it.
    Others will then examine the evidence closely & decide whether or not the Hypothesis has validity.
    Science then predicts the type of evidence that would validate the Hypothesis.
    Once sufficient evidence is found & that there is ample Peer Review the Hypothesis attains the status of a Theory, which is the highest standard in Science. It is never, however, an ultimate definite, as the very nature of Science is looking for ways to be proven wrong.

Theism, on the other hand, works on the basis that it already knows all the answers, based on a book of Superstitious storys, written by primitives who knew nothing about the basics of Science. They didn't understand things like lightning, therefore it was caused by the anger of God throwing spears. They didn't understand stars, so it was determined to be holes in the firmament dome above the earth - holes which would also allow the rain to come in, as they didn't understand the rain cycle either. All of which were supposedly created by God. All of which preceded Science. Eventually, however, those with a bit of intelligence started to realise how stupid this was & looked to more realistic explanations, and thus Science was born.

Theists still continue to Cherry Pick what they want from the Bible, glossing over the horrendously false statements made in said Bible, that were previously taken as absolute literal truths. Others will even deny the Scientific evidence, insisting that the Bible is still true, insisting that there is no such thing as Space Exploration, and that there really is a crystalline firmament, and that the earth is a flat disc - as specified in the Bible.

Do you still hold to these Biblical truths or do you believe in the Science that has debunked these fantasies? Once you admit that the Bible is flawed in its stories then you have to acccept that it could be right about everything else.

Furthermore, Evolution isn't necessarily entirely in conflict with Creationism, as it deals only with the changing of what already exists. Evolutionism isn't concerned with how the Primordial Slime was first formed. Although 99.9% of those who believe in Evolution would not give it any credibility, the Science of Evolution would have no evidence to suggest that it wasn't a God who created that Slime. Although, having said that, it is impossible to prove the non-existence of anything. I can't prove that there is no God, but I have never seen any evidence to prove that one exists either.

This is where Occam's Razor comes in. If something can be explained in naturally demonstrable ways, why look for something less rational & more complicated in order to explain it?
    Under your definition of science, evolutionary 'Science' isn't science because it does begin with the supposition that evolution is true and it works back from there. It also makes vast assumptions not based on evidence, but rather, ones that require more faith than a belief in creationism would. Admittedly, Creation Science does much the same thing. The difference I would argue is that creation science IS supported by the evidence, whereas, evolutionary science is not. Evolution is at odds with Creationism, but that's ok, because the actual evidence doesn't support Darwinian Evolution any way. Creationists admit that there are variations and mutations within the species/animal kinds, but what they reject is that these changes ever produce an animal outside of it's original species/kind. Dogs always produce dogs, cats always produce cats, horses always produce horses, ect.

Evolution wants to AVOID how a universe could create it's self in violation of the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of energy. It wants to avoid explaining how life sprang out of non life. The evolution of two sexes would be next to impossible, and many more things. You say there is no evidence for God, well, the violation of the laws of science to produce just the things I just listed would prove that there must be a God.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    11:39 AM

Question Re: Science Proves Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    AP: Scientists narrow age estimate for fossils of human ancestor

Scientists say they have finally calculated the age of the youngest known remains of Homo erectus, which is generally considered an ancestor of our species.

The fossilized skull fragments and other bones were uncovered on the Indonesian island of Java in the 1930s. Determining their age has been a scientific challenge, and a wide range has been proposed by numerous studies.

In a report released Wednesday by the journal Nature, scientists conclude the remains are between 108,000 and 117,000 years old. Researchers used five dating techniques on sediments and fossil animal bones from the area, combining 52 age estimates for the analysis. The project took 13 years to complete.
    But that sort of indicates that the bible has it all wrong. Doesn't it? I mean the story of Adam & Eva and the Garden of Eden and all of that can't possibly be correct.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    But that sort of indicates that the bible has it all wrong. Doesn't it? I mean the story of Adam & Eva and the Garden of Eden and all of that can't possibly be correct.
    Not really. The Bible Genesis story is just more of a legendary tale, that a scientific discussion.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Question Re: Science Proves Evolution

Not really. The Bible Genesis story is just more of a legendary tale, that a scientific discussion.
    But if those remains are between 108,000 and 117,000 years old doesn't it debunk the biblical account?

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

But if those remains are between 108,000 and 117,000 years old doesn't it debunk the biblical account?
    No. The Biblical account really has not specific time that can be absolutely and factually pinned down.

Besides, Those critters are pre- Homo Sapiens Sapiens. So they are not "Human" exactly. So the story of Adam and Eve would have been told much later.
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Unhappy Re: Science Proves Evolution

No. The Biblical account really has not specific time that can be absolutely and factually pinned down.

Besides, Those critters are pre- Homo Sapiens Sapiens. So they are not "Human" exactly. So the story of Adam and Eve would have been told much later.
    That's bad news. So ......... humans were 'created' by evolution but somewhere along the line "god" decided to take the credit, murder off everyone except Adam & Eva, and spread that cock and bull story about the Garden of Eden? Whew! That guy has a lot of blood on his hands.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

That's bad news. So ......... humans were 'created' by evolution but somewhere along the line "god" decided to take the credit, murder off everyone except Adam & Eva, and spread that cock and bull story about the Garden of Eden? Whew! That guy has a lot of blood on his hands.
    Wow. That is pretty bizarre way of putting it.
    Humans, evolved. Whether God had any part in it or not is another story, altogether.
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Thumbs up Re: Science Proves Evolution

Wow. That is pretty bizarre way of putting it.
    Humans, evolved.
    Yes, I was going to say “evolved” instead of “created” but (as always) I was trying to be politically correct for the purpose of sparing the feelings of those who might be sensitive.

Whether God had any part in it or not is another story, altogether.

Well, believers say he had everything to do with it but I am an agnostic and we're still in deliberation. We are open to suggestions but so far nothing sensible has been put on the discussion table. There are those who reinterpret the bible and have succeeded in eliminating some of the superstition that previous bible bashers cling to but still they use the book of fiction known as the bible as their source so they can never achieve much in the way of any supportable contribution.

Having been born and raised a Christian I have a fair bit of insight into the hocus-pocus that Christians believe and I have seen first-hand how practical, realistic, and critical thinking is tabooed in Christianity. What about yourself? What is your fundamental religious background?

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Yes, I was going to say “evolved” instead of “created” but (as always) I was trying to be politically correct for the purpose of sparing the feelings of those who might be sensitive.

Well, believers say he had everything to do with it but I am an agnostic and we're still in deliberation. We are open to suggestions but so far nothing sensible has been put on the discussion table. There are those who reinterpret the bible and have succeeded in eliminating some of the superstition that previous bible bashers cling to but still they use the book of fiction known as the bible as their source so they can never achieve much in the way of any supportable contribution.

Having been born and raised a Christian I have a fair bit of insight into the hocus-pocus that Christians believe and I have seen first-hand how practical, realistic, and critical thinking is tabooed in Christianity. What about yourself? What is your fundamental religious background?
    I grew up in a very mixed family. There were 7th day Adventists, Christian scientists, Baptists, Southern Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Jehovah Witnesses, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Catholics, Jews, Masons, and Engineers.
    Family dinners were always rather interesting.

I figure God doesn't care which religion you want to follow, He just expects you to be honest and caring, and take care of those who are in need. If you cannot do that, he probably has little need for your "religion"
    - Anon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 460 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 ... LastLast