Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 459 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4590

Thread: Science Disproves Evolution

  1. #4551
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,403
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    06:56 AM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Science is a method which has a set procedure.

    1. Observation.
    2. Hypothesise.
    3. Evidence to support hypothesis
    4. Form premise to falsify hypothesis
    5. Experimentation
    6. Peer Review.
    7. Repeat from 3 until argument sufficiently sound to warrant becoming a Theory.

    Religion gets as far as stage 2. Evolution cannot be faith based as evidence is required to even get as far as the experimental stage, and as with all Science it is always looking for ways to falsify itself. Religion does not have that facility.
    Since Evolution hasn't been proven, it is faith based. The missing links between each animal kind demonstrate this leap of faith that many here don't want to admit. If you can't prove it, it is faith based and they can't prove that there are transitional fossils because their isn't any evidence for it. All they have is examples of Lateral Adaptation, within the species.

    Evolution cannot prove or demonstrate how:

    1) Life began
    2) The two sexes evolved
    3) The 4 chamber heart evolved
    4) Irreducible Complexity of many organs such as the Eye.
    5) Where the Transitional Fossils are?

    Let me say that when we say the term "Evolution" we mean on a macro scale, NOT a micro one within the species. Therefore, you cannot give examples of an animal with some minor variation from all others of it's species and claim that it's evidence of a transitional fossil. You need a fossil of a half species/animal kind evolving into another kind. Those are not present in the fossil record.

  2. #4552
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,403
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    06:56 AM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    The Latest Feathered Dinosaur Confuses Categories

    https://www.icr.org/article/11811/

  3. #4553
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,377
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    04:56 AM

    Re: Science Proves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Latest Feathered Dinosaur Confuses Categories

    https://www.icr.org/article/11811/
    Seems to me that the only folks confused by fossils are Creationists
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

  4. #4554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,403
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    06:56 AM

    Re: Science Proves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Seems to me that the only folks confused by fossils are Creationists
    They are explaining their point of view. Did you read the Article? Their point is valid and worth considering.

  5. #4555
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,377
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    04:56 AM

    Re: Science Proves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    They are explaining their point of view. Did you read the Article? Their point is valid and worth considering.
    I read the article, and I disagree.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

  6. #4556
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    10,204
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    05:56 AM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Since Evolution hasn't been proven, it is faith based.
    Sure looks like a college education to me.

    You weren't taught that a hypothesis and faith are two different things?

    Let's try to make this as simple as possible for you: from wherever you're sitting look at something in the distance and ask yourself how many steps it would take you to get there. That would be a hypothesis.
    Now go walk it off and count the steps - that would be the proof that your hypothesis is right or wrong. Evolution is still in the walking stage of the hypothesis, and so, as the evidence is uncovered one way or the other it is recorded, which btw, might change any part of hypothesis (unlike faith, which doesn't change because it's not subject to investigation).

    Faith, OTOH, would be stating the number of steps required and not bothering to do the actual walking, believing your prediction is correct no matter what.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  7. #4557
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    10,204
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    05:56 AM

    Re: Science Disproves Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Evolution cannot prove or demonstrate how:

    1) Life began
    I guess you were sick the day this was covered in your 'Evolution' class? Allow me to inform you what was said that day on this subject:
    EVOLUTION DOES NOT SEEK TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OF WHEN OR HOW LIFE BEGAN! THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECTS!

    Did you get that?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  8. #4558
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,403
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    06:56 AM

    Re: Science Proves Evolution

    Specialized Brain Cells Act Like a Compass

    https://www.icr.org/article/speciali...cells-compass/

  9. #4559
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,377
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    04:56 AM

    Re: Science Proves Evolution

    Animals of all kinds have shown an ability to sense directions. Birds have had such an ability since they evolved.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

  10. #4560
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    10,204
    Local Date
    03-30-2020
    Local Time
    05:56 AM

    Re: Science Proves Evolution

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Specialized Brain Cells Act Like a Compass

    https://www.icr.org/article/speciali...cells-compass/
    Since you're an expert on Evolutionary Theory, explain to us the scientific mechanisms that are in conflict with that story. I realize you believe the story more than the science, but your background in science education should allow you to name the associated mechanisms.

    IOW, show us how that same brain cell piece would read in a science journal.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 459 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Evolution
    By spot in forum Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 05:12 PM
  2. Normal Science is Lamp-Post Science
    By coberst in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
  3. Evolution
    By SnoozeControl in forum People
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 03:48 PM
  4. Evolution
    By SnoozeControl in forum Just For The Fun Of It
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 09:39 PM
  5. Did you know that evolution....
    By metalstorm in forum Did You Know?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 06:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts