+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby.....Regarding America

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    02:22 AM

Bill Cosby.....Regarding America

Here's a copy of an email I recieved from a girl living in America.
    Some of you may be interested in reading it if you haven't already done so.

BACK TO CASH AND CARRY WOULD HELP ALSO!

Bill Cosby has a great way of "distilling" things. Looks like he's done it again!

AMERICA NEEDS A CANDIDATE WITH THIS PLATFORM!!

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN THE YEAR 2012..

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1). Any use of the phrase: 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait outside of our borders until you can.

(2). We will immediately go into a two year isolationist attitude in order to straighten out the greedy big business posture in this country. America will allow NO imports, and we'll do no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.' We'll make it here and sell it here!

(3). When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it coming in here.

(4). All retired military personnel will be required to man one of the many observation towers located on the southern border of the United States (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5). Social Security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. Neither the President nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6).. Welfare. -- Checks will be handed out on Fridays, at the end of the 40 hour school week, the successful completion of a urinalysis test for drugs, and passing grades.

(7). Professional Athletes -- Steroids? The FIRST time you check positive you're banned from sports ... for life.

(8). Crime - - We will adopt the Turkish method, i.e., the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more 'life sentences'. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for the victim you killed: gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9). One export of ours will be allowed: wheat; because the world needs to eat. However, a bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10). All foreign aid, using American taxpayer money, will immediately cease and the saved money will help to pay off the national debt and, ultimately, lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask The American People if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision as to whether, or not, it's a worthy cause.

(11). The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.

(12). The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

My apology is offered if I've stepped on anyone's toes .... nevertheless.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Sincerely, Bill Cosby
    Just above the clouds
    the sun is always shining.

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    06:22 PM

Re: Bill Cosby.....Regarding America

Works for me especially 1,4 and 6.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    01:22 AM

He forgot bring home all the troops stationed abroad abroad and disband and any units whose only function is to attack other nations and scrap any ships/planes whose only function is to project military power and not solely to defend the nation. Keep the nuclear weapons if you want so you won't have to worry about another nation state attacking you. Apart from those additions I'd say go for it. What have you got to lose?

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    09:22 PM

Cosby did not write that e-mail.He said as much on his blog in 2009 :

from billcosby.com:

A viral email is appearing on the internet purporting to be a Bill Cosby statement that he is running for President of the United States in 2012 and outlinig his platform. This is a hoax, completely false and with no factual basis. Bill Cosby says, "False Bill Cosby statements are not funny nor fun and sometimes mean-spirited."

Posted by Bill Cosby on September 4, 2009 at 4:13 AM in News
    LINK

Anybody who is familiar with the man from his many years of appearances on media would know that he doesn't write in the style or content of that e-mail.

The same e-mail has also been wrongly attributed to George Carlin, Andy Rooney, and Robin Williams.

snopes.com debunks it here:

snopes.com: Bill Cosby's Write-In Candidate Platform

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

Does that mean the world is free from Coke Pepsi McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Does that mean the world is free from Coke Pepsi McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken ?
    Oh please! They don't export that cr** - we make it here and just send them the money :-(

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    06:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Naw, man. that stuff is all yours, now.

Those guys all make mor money in Europe and China that they do in the US, anymore.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bell View Post
    Cosby did not write that e-mail <snip>
    snopes.com debunks it here:

snopes.com: Bill Cosby's Write-In Candidate Platform
    Ach, I checked with snopes before I posted it. I used the email subject title "Cosby has done it again". and...."Bill Cosby has a great way of distilling things".

What a pity Richard Bell, I like it. If some of those points were adopted and introduced here in the UK, I think most of the nation would agree and cheer from the rooftops.

Wonder why Bill Cosby has been chosen as the author. Perhaps someone has a grudge against him, or perhaps his name was simply pulled out of hat.

Either way, I like the message within the email.

Thanks for letting me know.

bb
    Just above the clouds
    the sun is always shining.

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    09:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by binbag View Post
    Ach, I checked with snopes before I posted it. I used the email subject title "Cosby has done it again". and...."Bill Cosby has a great way of distilling things".

What a pity Richard Bell, I like it. If some of those points were adopted and introduced here in the UK, I think most of the nation would agree and cheer from the rooftops.

Wonder why Bill Cosby has been chosen as the author. Perhaps someone has a grudge against him, or perhaps his name was simply pulled out of hat.

Thanks for letting me know.

bb

I think it was written by an angry, discontented individual.

I don't blame Cosby for being annoyed that his name was attached to it.He is a much more compassionate and progressive person than the letter writer.

It gives me the creeps, and I'm glad it wasn't written by somebody from my country.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by binbag View Post
    Unlike Mr Cosby, whoever he may be, who evidently didn't. I don't blame him at all, it's vomit-inducing.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast