Thread: Bill Cosby.....Regarding America

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    02:08 AM

Re: Bill Cosby.....Regarding America

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    You don't know who Mr Cosby is?
    Not a clue, flopster. What's more, I haven't looked him up either. The idea that people can believe he wrote that claptrap is enough to put me off.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    07:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Not a clue, flopster. What's more, I haven't looked him up either. The idea that people can believe he wrote that claptrap is enough to put me off.
    Cosby was once a stand-up comic, and then got into TV.
    He had a lot of stories about growing up in the ghetto, that was later turned into a TV cartoon series. (Fat Albert)
    He then hit mainstream television, and made a lot of money playing a rather likeable black doctor in a sitcom.

Once, hed had the audacity to suggest that not all the problems the Blacks in America faced were caused by white folks.
    This made him the darling of the right wing media, while causing quite a stir among the leftists.

He actually is a failry reasonable sort, and the first time I saw that supposed email, it was obviously not his work.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    09:08 PM

dr huxtable? scotty from the original i spy series?
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    02:08 AM

dr huxtable? scotty from the original i spy series?
    Neither of those, no. I Spy, to the best of my knowledge, was a set of British children's books related to collecting created by, possibly, a Mr Hargreaves, who designated himself Big Chief Wampum or something similar. I suspect that whenever an American uses the word "series" they imply a television production.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

BILL COSBY, IN HIS OWN WORDS

On Healthcare:

On nutrition:

On religion:

On responsibility:

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

fat albert..

hey hey hey
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

Neither of those, no. I Spy, to the best of my knowledge, was a set of British children's books related to collecting created by, possibly, a Mr Hargreaves, who designated himself Big Chief Wampum or something similar. I suspect that whenever an American uses the word "series" they imply a television production.
    Have you ever thought you may be the only inhabitant of the world in which you live in ?
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

I've been looking at these rules on and off all day; I've come to the conclusion that, on reflection, I reckon the following points could legitimately be adopted in the States and the UK. In fact I think I'll send these proposals off to our Prime Minister David Cameron for his perusal.

(1)
    Any use of the phrase: 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait outside of our borders until you can.

(2)
    Social Security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. Neither the President nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(3)
    Welfare. -- Checks will be handed out on Fridays, at the end of the 40 hour school week, the successful completion of a urinalysis test for drugs, and passing grades.

(4)
    Professional Athletes -- Steroids? The FIRST time you check positive you're banned from sports ... for life.

(5)
    One export of ours will be allowed: wheat; because the world needs to eat. However, a bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(6)
    All foreign aid, using taxpayer's money, will immediately cease and the saved money will help to pay off the national debt and, ultimately, lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask The American / UK People if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision as to whether, or not, it's a worthy cause.

(7)
    And now, one of my own...
    As the UK is still a Christian country, the Lord's Prayer should be said in all schools every morning at assembly. However, non Christians may, if they so wish, decline from from actually saying the Lord's Prayer. They must however, continue to attend morning assembly.
    Just above the clouds
    the sun is always shining.

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

I disagree with yours. Much better that they all have to do a minute of jumping jacks.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I disagree with yours. Much better that they all have to do a minute of jumping jacks.
    My dear madam flopstock, it would be so uncommonly decent if one would be so kind as to explain why one should disagree with my proposal, preferring instead, having the nice little kiddie winkles performing jumping jacks whilst/instead of being present whilst the Lord's Prayer was being said during morning assembly.

whisper what's "jumping jacks"
    Just above the clouds
    the sun is always shining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast