+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby.....Regarding America

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time
    07:40 PM

Re: Bill Cosby.....Regarding America

While I like the Lord's Prayer and can recite it from memory, I don't see why it should be a requirement in a public school of a nation that espouses freedom of religion.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    12:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by binbag View Post
    My dear madam flopstock, it would be so uncommonly decent if one would be so kind as to explain why one should disagree with my proposal, preferring instead, having the nice little kiddie winkles performing jumping jacks whilst/instead of being present whilst the Lord's Prayer was being said during morning assembly.

whisper what's "jumping jacks"
    Would that be the catholic lords prayer or the protestant lords prayer?

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Would that be the catholic lords prayer or the protestant lords prayer?
    What's the diff?

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

My dear madam flopstock, it would be so uncommonly decent if one would be so kind as to explain why one should disagree with my proposal, preferring instead, having the nice little kiddie winkles performing jumping jacks whilst/instead of being present whilst the Lord's Prayer was being said during morning assembly.

whisper what's "jumping jacks"
    I guess a better question would be why the parents of the christian kids don't start their day off at home with prayer? Every morning I tell my daughter I love her on her way out the door. She tells me the same. I tell her to learn something for me and she promises to. Every morning, before school. Why can't the christian do the same with their child, regarding prayer?

Illinois tried for moment of silence/reflection/prayer here and have wasted untold amounts of money and time on the issue while our school system remains underfunded in its day to day needs.

Illinois Moment of Silence in Schools Ruled Unconstitutional - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    12:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    What's the diff?
    Spectacles testicles wallet and watch.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    I guess a better question would be why the parents of the christian kids don't start their day off at home with prayer? Every morning I tell my daughter I love her on her way out the door. She tells me the same. I tell her to learn something for me and she promises to. Every morning, before school. Why can't the christian do the same with their child, regarding prayer?

Illinois tried for moment of silence/reflection/prayer here and have wasted untold amounts of money and time on the issue while our school system remains underfunded in its day to day needs.

Illinois Moment of Silence in Schools Ruled Unconstitutional - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    Perhaps the school system will collapse, that would be the best thing to happen, in my view.

The money is better spent in the courts anyway, since what's being taught to the kids is wrongheaded, not to mention the regiment and environment they're forced to deal with on a daily basis.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Spectacles testicles wallet and watch.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    01:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    While I like the Lord's Prayer and can recite it from memory, I don't see why it should be a requirement in a public school of a nation that espouses freedom of religion.
    Because Accountable, Britain is first and foremost a Christian country however, Christianity, much to the delight of millions, is rather rapidly flowing down the pan, has been for years actually, in this island and the leaders of the diffirent Christian churches are too mealy mouthed, too afraid, to stand up for their convictions in an attempt to stop the decline of Christianity.

Our last Prime Minister, one Tony Blair, claimed, when he was in power, "I am a Christian". Thus offering assurances that his leadership would be a fair, honest and a just one. The faith of the citizens in Tony Blair however, declined rapidly when his then Director of Communications, Alastair Campbell stated in a television interview "We don't do God in Downing Street".
    Not one Christian leader, that I heard of, stood up and took Mr Blair to task over that one. The rot was finally highlighted in the government and, so sadly, the Christian leaders in the UK due to their lack of responce.

When Christianity does eventually peter out, and it most assuredly will (unless that is, there is a spiritual change) the promotion of Christianity, for the sake of future generations, must start in our schools.

God only knows what will happen to the nation if some other religion takes over.
    Whatever anyone thinks of Christianity, if it finally goes!!!!...God help those poor souls who are still alive at that time.
    I honestly fear for my children and my children's children's safety, if Christianity disappears from the British Isles.

Like it or not, believe it or believe not, laugh it off the stage if you like, but I tell you , Christianity holds the fabric of society together.
    In saying that however, it must be said that, like many sectors in society there are many many bad apples in the world of Christianity. That is something urgently needing to be addressed by Christian leaders.

Here endeth the first lesson.

Thank you for including a great example of jumping jacks btw, I'm still learning new things every other day.

I guess a better question would be why the parents of the christian kids don't start their day
    off at home with prayer? Every morning I tell my daughter I love her on her way out the door. She tells me the same.
    I tell her to learn something for me and she promises to. Every morning, before school. Why can't the christian do the
    same with their child, regarding prayer?<snip>

flopstock,
    How do you know Christian parents do not already do that very thing?

I don't know how many Christian parents do or do not do that very thing.

Is there anything wrong with saying more than one prayer per day?

<snip>Illinois tried for moment of silence/reflection/prayer here and have wasted untold amounts of money and time on the issue
    while our school system remains underfunded in its day to day needs.
    I guess the untold amounts of money being wasted was caused by those opposed to prayer in schools.
    (I haven't read the article you kindly included in your link yet)

bb
    Just above the clouds
    the sun is always shining.

Local Date
    02-18-2020
    Local Time

When Christianity does eventually peter out, and it most assuredly will (unless that is, there is a spiritual change) the promotion of Christianity, for the sake of future generations, must start in our schools.
    Gee, I'm a Christian and couldn't disagree more. ............

I had a mini-rant typed up, but then remembered that the British gov't is the Church of England, so I deleted it. In the US, religion is a personal thing and must be left to the mercy of families to promote or not. Promoting a given religion is not a role of government, and so not a function of the school.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    01:40 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    The UK can hardly be called a Christian country. We live in a largely secular society even though Christianity may be the largest of the religions.

I happen to believe that school isn't the place for any type of worship. That's what churches are for. I'm hardly a fan of faith school's either

Seperation of Church and State means just that and includes schools, surely
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast