Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GOing to Sacramento/ San Francisco! First time!

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    04:16 PM

GOing to Sacramento/ San Francisco! First time!

Hey! I am going to Sacramento at the end of march, for a conference, and I really want to go to San Francisco too. Any advice out there for a very light budget? what should I go see?

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    05:16 PM

Re: GOing to Sacramento/ San Francisco! First time!

I went there when I was a kid. My advice is to take the trolly rides, those are fun, walk around and look at some of the buildings, a lot of the hotels and such are very nice, some of them have shopping areas below. Visit fountains, and if I remember correctly, there was a larger than normal Sharper Image near by that we visited. It might have been one of the largest in the country if I remember correctly. Though someone told me that the company went out of business. Not sure if that's true or not. There is much to see though, I remember it being a very clean city back then. Not sure if it still is or not.
    Link removed by moderator

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    05:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by TruthBringer View Post
    I went there when I was a kid. My advice is to take the trolly rides, those are fun, walk around and look at some of the buildings, a lot of the hotels and such are very nice, some of them have shopping areas below. Visit fountains, and if I remember correctly, there was a larger than normal Sharper Image near by that we visited. It might have been one of the largest in the country if I remember correctly. Though someone told me that the company went out of business. Not sure if that's true or not. There is much to see though, I remember it being a very clean city back then. Not sure if it still is or not.
    Yep, it was in Ghirardelli Square. Lots of street artists and vendors, get some dungeness crab at Pier 39.

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time
    01:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    get some dungeness crab at Pier 39.
    Why is it San Francisco and STDs are so closely intertwined anyway?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time
    01:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by winnip2 View Post
    Hey! I am going to Sacramento at the end of march, for a conference, and I really want to go to San Francisco too. Any advice out there for a very light budget? what should I go see?
    I live 20 miles from Sacramento and know San Francisco quite well having lived there as well. You are one hour 10 minutes from San Francisco when you are in Sacramento. Take the Cable Car when you are in San Francisco and head for the wharf. This has been a good year for Crab and March is a good time to partake. A boat trip around the Bay with a stop at Alcatraz Prison is not costly and the view from Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge is outstanding. SUGGESTION--Take transportation from Sacramento to Richmond and then take BART into San Francisco. BART Bay Area Rapid Transit (train) which will go under the Bay to SF via a tunnel is inexpensive and fun.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

I'll be up there in a couple of weeks. My cousins want to see Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and I want to show them Lombard Street. "The crookedest street in the world."

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    07:16 PM

The trolley is not expensive. It'll give you a great tour. I haven't been there in years, but there is tons of history there. spin a bottle and head the direction it points to. You probably won't be disappointed.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    07:16 PM

I'll be in San Fran 2-23-11 thru 2-28-11. Saturday and Sunday will be at the College regional wrestling tournament for my son. The other days I will be roaming the streets. It's hard to believe my son goes to college in the State of Kansas and we have to go all the way to S.F. for a regional tournament. If he makes it too nationals we will be in Nebraska for them.

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time
    01:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ZAP View Post
    I'll be up there in a couple of weeks. My cousins want to see Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and I want to show them Lombard Street. "The crookedest street in the world."
    How very appropriate - Lombard Street (London) is in the heart of Bank and is where most of the major banks used to have their headquarters - the Bank of England still does.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    How very appropriate - Lombard Street (London) is in the heart of Bank and is where most of the major banks used to have their headquarters - the Bank of England still does.
    How funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast