+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum skin color.....

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    08:07 PM

Forum skin color.....

After my recent eye surgery I find that I'm very sensitive to brightness that white background skins cause on forums such as this forum. The other forums I vist all have a light kaki or beige background skin which help me read them a bunch.

So is it possible to offer a skin color choice of light kaki or beige.........

Beige - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaki_(color)

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    02:07 AM

Re: Forum skin color.....

Which browser are you using?

I spend most of my time with a light-gray background to the entire Internet, not just ForumGarden. Turn off "Allow sites to choose their own colors" and it all gets far easier to browse.

You could also consider turning down the brightness and contrast on your monitor.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Which browser are you using?

I spend most of my time with a light-gray background to the entire Internet, not just ForumGarden. Turn off "Allow sites to choose their own colors" and it all gets far easier to browse.

You could also consider turning down the brightness and contrast on your monitor.
    I run Mac's with Safari and Firefox. I also run a program called "Shades" that lets me adjust the contrast/brightness on the fly. By using Shades I can tone it down some but it's the color that gets me the most. That said, I find that the black & white background skin is just dreadful to read for more than 15 min for me. This is why I asked for a beige or lite khaki background skin color. To get an idea look at the quote skin color here of pale green with black type to see how much easier it is to read than the black on white skin used otherwise.

I will also share with you that on one of the other forums I visit did a forum change to offer beige skin the other member there comments were all positive........and grateful....since it made forums visit so easy on the eyes.

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time

Have you actually tried setting the override background color in Firefox, just to see how it looks? It would change what you get for all sites, not just asking them one at a time. I think it's a better option for you but you'd need to give it a go to find out.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    06:07 PM

Depending on your browser you can change the colors in FIREFOX fairly easy. In IE8 or IE7 it is at the bottom of the Tool, Internet Option General tab. Then look at the bottom you see color it allows you to change them a bit I now have mine with a grayer colored back ground in some areas on this site. The white isn't as bright now.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Have you actually tried setting the override background color in Firefox, just to see how it looks? It would change what you get for all sites, not just asking them one at a time. I think it's a better option for you but you'd need to give it a go to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLA View Post
    Depending on your browser you can change the colors in FIREFOX fairly easy. In IE8 or IE7 it is at the bottom of the Tool, Internet Option General tab. Then look at the bottom you see color it allows you to change them a bit I now have mine with a grayer colored back ground in some areas on this site. The white isn't as bright now.
    I think that all are missing the fact that I RUN A MAC.

At the present time there is no APP that I can add to either Safari or Firefox that run on Mac's. If there were I'd have installed already. Also Internet Explorer is NOT compatible with Mac's and hasn't been for several years.

I thank all who've tried to help but I simply can not do anything on my own which is why I asked to have a secondary default "beige/khaki" skin added to the forum.

This is why I haven't been very active on this forum even though I like the topic offerings a lot. It's also possible that there might be more traffic join this forum if it were more senior friendly by offering a secondary skin to better accommodate their old eyes as well.

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time

Are you saying the Mac version doesn't have a Firefox Preferences option to do something like this? I had no idea, but I'm surprised. This isn't an add-on, it's simply a program preference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dt2.png
Views:	92
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	35791  

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CARLA View Post
    Are you saying the Mac version doesn't have a Firefox Preferences option to do something like this? I had no idea, but I'm surprised. This isn't an add-on, it's simply a program preference.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. My Mac Firefox content preference panel is two or three items and that's it. I played with them to no avail.

Please know I wouldn't ask If I could fix it myself.............

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. My Mac Firefox content preference panel is two or three items and that's it. I played with them to no avail.

Please know I wouldn't ask If I could fix it myself.............
    I wonder whether you have a very old Firefox version?

Changing colours in Firefox 3 Mac describes changing the settings on a Mac with Firefox 3. I'm not attempting to argue, I'm trying to be helpful.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I wonder whether you have a very old Firefox version?

Changing colours in Firefox 3 Mac describes changing the settings on a Mac with Firefox 3. I'm not attempting to argue, I'm trying to be helpful.
    On my! Please don't think for a second I take your kindness as being argumentative in any fashion.

I bookmarked the link you offered and will try again since my Firefox is up to date.

That said, I fail to have the words to thank you for your patients and kindness.

Later.................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast