Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Morning from Portland, Oregon

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    12:15 AM

Good Morning from Portland, Oregon

Good morning all! My name is Bob and I'm brand new to this forum. I live is one of the prettiest states of the union, Oregon. I'm recently retired although that officially doesn't begin for about 3 weeks. I'm a laid off electronic technician from Intel Corp who decided to shut down an obsolete Fab in Hillsboro, OR last June 26. I was one of 146 workers left when they turned out the lights. Rather than try to find a decent job at 61 years old I decided to hang it up and try for early retirement. It's been 11 months now and I haven't regretted my decision. As the old saying goes "I don't know where I ever found time to work". I'm not shy so I hope I get a chance to speak with a lot of you. Warning! I'm a fanatical photographer so expect lots of pictures.

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    02:15 AM

Re: Good Morning from Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by bobmielke View Post
    Good morning all! My name is Bob and I'm brand new to this forum. I live is one of the prettiest states of the union, Oregon. I'm recently retired although that officially doesn't begin for about 3 weeks. I'm a laid off electronic technician from Intel Corp who decided to shut down an obsolete Fab in Hillsboro, OR last June 26. I was one of 146 workers left when they turned out the lights. Rather than try to find a decent job at 61 years old I decided to hang it up and try for early retirement. It's been 11 months now and I haven't regretted my decision. As the old saying goes "I don't know where I ever found time to work". I'm not shy so I hope I get a chance to speak with a lot of you. Warning! I'm a fanatical photographer so expect lots of pictures.
    welcome bobmielke!

Intel is an extremely large corporation and I'm sorry you got laid off, but at least your 61 now so you can enjoy life and not have to worry about finding another job.

I love photography and take quite a few pics of my garden, they would never be like yours as it sounds like your a professional and I would love to see yours!

again, Welcome from Canada! and no Toronto does not have igloos

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    08:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bobmielke View Post
    Good on ya Bob and welcome---we need more retiree input to this fun Forum

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

Hi there Bob!

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

bump

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

Hi bob!! Don't feel bad I lost my job awhile back (mainly due to incompetent management) and I couldn't retire!!! No biggie though, I kind of like my life now as you do. I guess you have a camera and a lot of time on your hands? Have fun.

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

I've been a photographer for 42 years. I set myself up for this retirement by buying new camera gear, new computers and iPad, a new Piaggio BV250 Scooter & a new SmartFor Two Pure Car. I'm fat & happy!

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    01:15 AM

Hi. Im Nomad. Awesome Nomad. Ask anyone. Im glad you dont have to be a Wal Mart greeter to make ends meet until you die.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hi. Im Nomad. Awesome Nomad. Ask anyone. Im glad you dont have to be a Wal Mart greeter to make ends meet until you die.
    you never fail to make me laugh!

+ Reply to Thread