Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fracking

Banned
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    02:00 PM

Fracking

I have been Involved In a campaign to stop Fracking In the Mendip Hills of Somerset, a short drive from my home.
    My Initial concern on hearing the plans was the effect on wildlife but the more I Investigated, the more It horrified me.

Mabinogogiblog: Fracking threat to the Mendip Hills

Have any of our US members experienced effects from Fracking and what are your views?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Re: Fracking

That's just unbelievable, Oscar, it really is!!
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Premium Member
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    10:00 AM

Fracking is being done all over the US, Oscar.

It not only has an impact on wildlife but also the environment and human beings.

A lot of people where fracking is taking place have wells or natural springs that supply their household water. Some have had them contaminated and became sick from using the water.

Fracking Linked to Water Contamination, Health Problems In Several States | NewsInferno

These drilling companies remove up to 1 million gallons of water per day, per drilling site, from local streams and rivers to use in their drilling process. That's a lot of water removal, especially when the drought hit this summer. People raised hell about them doing that during our drought and DEP (The Dept. of Environmental Protection) had to
    temporarily ban them from removing anymore water, until the water ban was lifted.

The idea of fracking made people believe it would generate a good income from signing up to have their land drilled and bring jobs to their areas for local residents. Now, people are having second thoughts because of the contamination and health issues that are arising.

Personally, I'm against it.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Thanks Mustang, that's a great help.

I am currently gathering as much Info as possible for our campaign. If you could point me In the direction of any further lawsuits In the US as a result of contaminated water etc etc, I'd be very grateful.

GMC.... Thanks for the stuff you sent me and I shall use this to bolster our objections.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    10:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Thanks Mustang, that's a great help.

I am currently gathering as much Info as possible for our campaign. If you could point me In the direction of any further lawsuits In the US as a result of contaminated water etc etc, I'd be very grateful.
    You're welcome Oscar.

Here's another link that might be helpful with some interesting information.

Documents: A Case of Fracking-Related Contamination - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Banned
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    You're welcome Oscar.

Here's another link that might be helpful with some interesting information.

Documents: A Case of Fracking-Related Contamination - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com
    I just spent the best part of an hour reading everything In this link.

Thanks again Mustang. This Is all great stuff I can use towards with my campaign. Very much appreciated.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    08:00 AM

No Battlestar Galactica fans here, I guess.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    03:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    No Battlestar Galactica fans here, I guess.
    Few if any, I'd have thought. I did once view an episode but other than the bewildered presence of Lorne Greene the program had little going for it. It contained lots of plastic models, and I'm not referring to the spaceships.

I have no view on the benefits or otherwise of fracturing underground gas and oil reservoirs in order to extract fuel. I do wince at the word used to describe the technique though. I'd prefer not to see it in future.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Banned
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Premium Member
    Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time
    12:00 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I have loads of info for you Oscar I've been protesting for awhile. I'll give it to you when I can ..bit busy at the mo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast