+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Islam and Afghanistan...and all the bloody rest of it

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    10:32 AM

Re: 9/11 Islam and Afghanistan...and all the bloody rest of it

I remember the gulf war. I'd not long moved into my place in Bedford, a village just north of it and the Americans were still using a base behind my place (where Glenn Miller was last seen before he disappeared into the skies (there's a museum dedicated to him there)). I'm still surprised my place withstood the number of Chinooks that flew over me then. Thud, thud thud. Fortunately, the place was no longer used after that and I no longer had the heartstopping terror of a pair of jet planes flying over at low level without warning.

anomaly
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    02:32 AM

Whether one person died or three thousand, it's a loss. There's no need to spectacularize a single event outside of trying to capitalize on world guilt or world hate.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

Yet we are still left with one single simple question, "Why?". When our generation dies, that question will still hang there because of the shear atrocity of the event, along with many others, whatever their cause.

anomaly
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

Really? I could think of many reasons why. My question is "what's next?"

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

What's next. Let's see, there's a lot of fuss over Gadaffi at the moment. That's only going to open a can of worms. Nothing major there.
    Nope. The next port of call has got to be China. But maybe not in our lifetime. There lies a big can of worms to be opened.

anomaly
    Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

Why is easily answered by Why Not. What's next is entirely open to influence.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

I personally cannot say what can be done but there is already a focus on China's oppressed. But China is an ancient established empire. Already versed in warfare before the "West" was anything at all.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

You might find this interesting. Labours the point a bit.

Fahrenheit 9/11-The Full Length Movie-Bush cheats in the 2000 election! Not Seen this on tv?! - YouTube

According to Tony Blair Iran should be next. Funny how two men who are proud of their their deep religious faith are so willing to go to war to defeat other men who they say are deeply religious and do god's will. But you're not supposed to say that and criticise religion are you. It would be more honest if they just said we want the oil. What's depressing is we let them away with it.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time

Maybe it will be Iran, they started generating power in their nuclear plant a few days ago. We can't have them moving forward like that.

Whether one person died or three thousand, it's a loss. There's no need to spectacularize a single event outside of trying to capitalize on world guilt or world hate.
    These celebrations keep the fear fresh in the minds of the herd. Fear is how you control people.

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    04:32 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind View Post
    I think that the more we keep remembering this day, 9/11, the more we further the concept of a cause, valid or not, and that worries me more than anything else. By itself, the remembrance furthers any cause for terrorism.
    From the pilots' point of view, well, these are highly trained people. Given the option of dying by crashing into a tower or by crashing in a safer place, they are trained to take the safest option. Pilots are not dumb.
    4 planes, 4 pilots. It beggars belief. The destruction of the towers furthered the cause to fight an otherwise invisible terrorist enemy.
    After the 9/11 atrocity, the terrorists were still only capable of individual localised attacks. The subsequent 7/7 bombings in London were nothing compared to the destuction of the twin towers.
    There has been a lot of documentaries since the 9/11 attack trying to prove that it couldn't have been a controlled demolition. But, at the end of the day, a plane crashing into the upper half of a tall building would not have brought down the building after the manner of a controlled explosion. Why the hell would the foundations of the building be affected by what happened at the top of the building?
    You do realize that the hi-jackers took over the cockpits. The hi-jackers were flying the planes when they hit the targets. At least thats the official story as far as I have heard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast