Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Most ignorant thing Ive heard...

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time
    10:48 PM

Most ignorant thing Ive heard...

So I am a member of this fitness and nutrition forum...they have a section for general chit chat, right?

Well someone posted in there something about only children vs siblings. Here was one person's reply:

"God made Adam and Eve, Noah built the ark for 2 of every living creature...I believe that we are desitined to be at least a pair...so not having an only child is not the way nature intended... "

I swear, I havent heard anything that ignorant in a loooong time. I had to chuckle...

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

Re: Most ignorant thing Ive heard...

And let me add, the amount of people who said all only children grew up to be spoiled brats was astronomical...very insightful to say the least...

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time
    11:48 PM

I was a spoiled brat and I was the second child by 10 years. And I knew my limits even then, asking my mother if we could afford something. So **** those idiots that make grand sweeping statements like that. What the hell do they know?

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    12:48 AM

Not sure what that person meant, but that sounds pretty ignorant to me.

My daughter had one child and then had a second when the first was 12.
    Both her kids seemed to think they were the only child.
    They were a tad self-absorded, for a while, but they settled down to be fine.

Don't sweat the Only Child thing. If you raise the kid right, He/She will be fine.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

anomaly
    Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

I'm confused. This person was against having one child but said "not having an only child is not the way nature intended..."
    ?

Do they understand double negatives? I, personally, have heard much more ignorant things uttered, even in passing, but if they were against having one child only then their statement does go up a notch in stupidity.

anomaly
    Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

As an example of a stupid thing I've heard said:

I had a roommate who stopped paying their rent. On the second month it became necessary to discuss the issue. The young man sat on my couch proclaiming his woe with "You think I like this? Instead of being fired with no references you think I wouldn't rather be making tons of dough with some chick sitting here sucking my ****?? If I had rent I'd pay it."

The result of that stupidity was finding his stuff outside the door with the locks changed the next day. The question isn't how stupid can people be but what will you let them get away with before someone shows them it doesn't work.

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

She was stupid and I didnt notice the double negative. It isnt my job to show her how her stupidity doesnt work. I just cant even believe she went there. Does she want siblings to mate?

Im proud "one and done" and my kid is nicer and more empathetic than most kids his age.

Local Date
    06-16-2019
    Local Time
    07:48 AM

One and done strikes me as the only ethical approach to global overpopulation. I suspect the fundamentalists who go forth and multiply annually for as long as they can keep it up are really trying to bring on the End-times. We should choose a sustainable global population profile and enforce it with a points system.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

Agreed. did I mention we are not only "one and done" but that are child was adopted. I have no desire whatsoever to experience pregnancy, change more diapers, or at the very least go through the terrible 2's EVER again. Here is a blog I posted about it(IF you care to read it, I know how busy people are):

The (mis)Adventures of William Alexander: Mommyland Part II, no thank you...

Local Date
    06-15-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    One and done strikes me as the only ethical approach to global overpopulation. I suspect the fundamentalists who go forth and multiply annually for as long as they can keep it up are really trying to bring on the End-times. We should choose a sustainable global population profile and enforce it with a points system.
    In my reply to that other forum I mentioned the Duggars (google them, theyre easy to find). Since everyone wanted to take it to the extreme of "all only-children are spoiled brats" I proposed we take it to the other extreme and asked if it was possible that a mother couldnt possibly provide adequate attention to too many children. To prove my point, this Duggar woman appoints older children to watch her younger children...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast