+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm having a panic attack

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    02:45 AM

Re: I'm having a panic attack

I got it, thanks Spot. It's just downloading, my computer's pretty slow, it's going to take several minutes.

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    04:45 PM

I thought you lived in gigabit-speed fibre-optic-to-the-door bleeding-edge-Internet Tasmania!
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

I must have been out that day...

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    08:45 AM

Maybe it's just me but reading some of spot's posts acts as a strong soporific.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

It all downloaded ok but the very first page won't open, says it's unsupported, damaged or corrupted. I'm guessing it's only a title page so I don't think it'll affect the story any, also 5 and 6 are just black. It spans almost 30 years, should make for some interesting reading.

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    03:45 PM

I hope you're feeling easier now. Panic attacks are horrific but they always pass. I too find the arcade games helpful to distract. If you can, try saying some comforting thoughts to yourself, as it's often said that acute anxiety is a part of the psyche that is crying out to be heard and to be loved. Though of course everything goes by the board when you're in the midst of an attack.

Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:45 AM

What many people call "Panic Attacks" can in many cases be "Atrial FIbrillation. 20 years ago I was diagnosed with this condition. Rapid heartbeat, feeling of un easiness, lack of energy. In my case the diagnosis was "Lone Atrial Fibrillation"
    (no underlying heart disease). There are a number of things that can trigger the attacks, stress, fatigue, over eating, alcohol. Next time you have an attack, check your pulse for irregularity and speed and if that is the case, see a Cardiologist..

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    I hope you're feeling easier now. Panic attacks are horrific but they always pass. I too find the arcade games helpful to distract. If you can, try saying some comforting thoughts to yourself, as it's often said that acute anxiety is a part of the psyche that is crying out to be heard and to be loved. Though of course everything goes by the board when you're in the midst of an attack.

Thanks Theia I went to bed last night and slept well. I had the distraction of my son's birthday today, I had a couple of niggles but they got suppressed because it was quite a full on day and my focus was taken by everything going on. I took my med this evening as normal and so far feel quite good, it was around this time last night I had the panic so maybe it's settling into my system now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    What many people call "Panic Attacks" can in many cases be "Atrial FIbrillation. 20 years ago I was diagnosed with this condition. Rapid heartbeat, feeling of un easiness, lack of energy. In my case the diagnosis was "Lone Atrial Fibrillation"
    (no underlying heart disease). There are a number of things that can trigger the attacks, stress, fatigue, over eating, alcohol. Next time you have an attack, check your pulse for irregularity and speed and if that is the case, see a Cardiologist..
    Gee, that sounds a bit scary. I don't know whether to google that for more information or not, I'm already a hypochondriac from googling stuff, lol.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:45 AM

Not to worry. Atrial Fib is not life threatening and can be controlled & even cured as in my case. It' a fairly common condition.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Not to worry. Atrial Fib is not life threatening and can be controlled & even cured as in my case. It' a fairly common condition.
    Oh, ok, thanks. That's good to know. If I keep getting these side effects I'll see the Dr on Monday, as I was advised, but I feel like its starting to settle into my system, I feel ok tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast