Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: A Question To Free Your Mind.

  1. #11
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    Re: A Question To Free Your Mind.

    Ok, how about a question? A Question To Free Your Mind

    Is it possible to get a 6% solution by mixing a 50% solution and a 10% solution? If so, how much of each is needed to get the 6% solution?

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,602
    Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    11:12 PM

    Re: A Question To Free Your Mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    Ok, how about a question? A Question To Free Your Mind

    Is it possible to get a 6% solution by mixing a 50% solution and a 10% solution? If so, how much of each is needed to get the 6% solution?
    You have 12 black socks and 12 white socks mixed up in a drawer. You're up very early and it's too dark to tell them apart. What's the smallest number of socks you need to take out (blindly) to be sure of having a matching pair?

  3. #13
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    Re: A Question To Free Your Mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    You have 12 black socks and 12 white socks mixed up in a drawer. You're up very early and it's too dark to tell them apart. What's the smallest number of socks you need to take out (blindly) to be sure of having a matching pair?
    It's possible of to take two out and have a matching pair but to be 100% certain with 1 chance is 13. How did I do?

    How about my question?

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,602
    Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    11:12 PM

    Re: A Question To Free Your Mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    It's possible of to take two out and have a matching pair but to be 100% certain with 1 chance is 13. How did I do?

    How about my question?
    3 socks. If the first sock is black, the second one could be black, in which case you have a matching pair. If the second sock is white, the third sock will be either black and match the first sock, or white and match the second sock.

    Still working on yours. I am not very good at figures.

  5. #15
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    Re: A Question To Free Your Mind.

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    3 socks. If the first sock is black, the second one could be black, in which case you have a matching pair. If the second sock is white, the third sock will be either black and match the first sock, or white and match the second sock.

    Still working on yours. I am not very good at figures.
    Yeah but not if you keep placing the bastards back in the drawer...13 has always been my lucky number...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. It's all in the mind.
    By binbag in forum Just For The Fun Of It
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 04:16 PM
  2. Red Changes Her Mind
    By RedGlitter in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
  3. What's on your mind? This is about ROI, man!
    By coberst in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 11:52 PM
  4. never mind
    By Nomad in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 09:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts