+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hope's Journey

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    07:04 PM

Hope's Journey

The Long Road to Becoming a Mom

I think its easy to say when your younger, oh I have plenty of time to have children. It's true we married very young, so we decided to wait a while. Then we got caught up in trying to get on our feet financely and then we made a promise to ourselves that we would have a home of our on by the time we had been married 10 years. We accomplished all of that and then we decided it was time for a baby.

Once we started trying to get pregnant we assumed it wouldn't be a problem.........but time passed and nothing. Around me my friends and family that were my age were having children and although I was happy for them, it gave me a sad feeling everytime I would see them with there babies........I feel guilty about that.

Finally I decided to see my doctor, he said he couldn't find anything wrong with me, maybe my husband should see a doctor. So I get him an appointment with a urologist. They did some test, the results were devasting, the diagnosis was cancer.......testicular cancer.

So things immediately changed, not only was our chance of having children in jepardy but now my husbands life was as well. He had some surgery, one testical had to be completely removed, but the good news was the cancer was all there and hadn't spread anywhere, they also said he would still be able to have children.

A year or 2 after my husbands surgery I was having some symptoms so I get one of those tests that you can do at home, it was positive, I was pregnant! we were overjoyed, I went to the doctor and got the results verified, and we were busy planning our new lives as parents.

I was about 2 months along when I woke up one night with a terrible pain in my stomach, I went to the bathroom and to my horror I was bleeding......and bleeding badly. My husband rushed me to the emergeny room. He told me later that it scared him half to death, he thought he was gonna lose me that night. The doctor said it was a miscarriage, again we were devastated.

We continued trying to get pregnant again but no luck, the years passed but we kept hope. One day a friend tells my husband that she knows a girl who is 17 and pregnant and plans to give her baby up for adoption. She recommeneded us to the girl because she thought we would make great parents. So I call the girl and we have a nice conversation. She says she will send me a picture of the sonogram when she has it, so once again I get my hopes up. A while later I recieved a letter from her saying that for her own best welfare she had decided to go through an agency, she didn't think she could handle knowing where her baby was. Although I understood that, I was devasted once again.

So one day I decided to start praying, I was a religious person and prayed often but I decided to make a special effort, so I prayed everyday that if it be His will that God would give us a child.

All total our quest for a child had been going on for 13 years, I got discouraged at times but I never lost hope.

One day I began to find myself feeling sick, it was strange, I was in the kitchen cooking supper one night and was just continusly heaving and gagging for no reason. My husband looked at me and said, somethings not right, I think your pregnant! So it was back to the store and another test, it was positive again!

I took the test on Friday and was in the emergency room on Monday, spotting again, but this time it didn't end in miscarriage, the doctor put me in the bed for a while and so although it was a rough go, morning sickness so bad the entire 9 months that I could hardly get out the bed, my little miracle was born. Even at my age and it being a high risk pregnancy he was perfect.

Hes now 5 years old, and is my life and I give credit to the power of prayer and never losing hope.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Re: Hope's Journey

Dirt Roads
    Paul Harvey
    What's mainly wrong with society today is that too many Dirt Roads have been paved.
    There's not a problem in America today- crime, drugs, education, divorce, delinquency that wouldn't be remedied, if we just had more Dirt Roads because Dirt Roads give character.
    People that live at the end of Dirt Roads learn early on that life is a bumpy ride.
    That it can jar you right down to your teeth sometimes. But it's worth it, if at the end is home...a loving spouse, happy kids and a dog.
    We wouldn't have near the trouble with our educational system if our kids got their exercise walking a Dirt Road with other kids, from whom they learn how to get along.
    There was less crime on our streets before they were paved.
    Criminals didn't walk two dusty miles to rob or rape, if they knew they'd be welcomed by five barking dogs and a double barreled shotgun.
    And there were no drive-by shootings.
    Our values were better when our roads were worse!
    People did not worship their cars more than their kids and motorists were more courteous. They didn't tailgate by riding the bumper or the guy in front would choke you with dust and bust your windshield with rocks.
    Dirt Roads taught patience.
    Dirt Roads were environmentally friendly. You didn't hop in your car for a quart of milk. You walked to the barn for your milk.
    For your mail, you walked to the mail box.
    What if it rained and the Dirt Road got washed out? That was the best part. You stayed home and had some family time, roasted marshmallows and popped popcorn and pony rode on Daddy's shoulders and learned how to make prettier quilts than anybody else.
    At the end of Dirt Roads, you soon learned that bad words tasted like soap.
    Most paved roads lead to trouble. Dirt Roads most likely lead to a fishing creek or a swimming hole.
    At the end of a Dirt Road, the only time we even locked our car was in August because if we didn't, some neighbor would fill it with too much zucchini.
    At the end of a Dirt Road, there was always extra springtime income from when city dudes would get stuck, you'd have to hitch up a team and pull them out.
    Usually you got a dollar...always you got a new friend...at the end of a Dirt Road!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0716.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	508.5 KB
ID:	37647  

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time