Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: More on Pepper Spraying

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time
    06:48 AM

Re: More on Pepper Spraying

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Every person makes those decisions constantly, don't they. It's the basis on which those decisions are made that becomes important.
    What a dumbass attitude.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    I am proud of my kids and what they did. I'm not proud of what YOUR president is doing to MY country though.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time
    11:48 AM

I am proud of my kids and what they did. I'm not proud of what YOUR president is doing to MY country though.
    Not his president clodhopper isn't an american, In the UK we take for granted the right to protest any policeman acting like that here would cause outrage. In france, germany Portugal spain they have riot police as do we but generally they don't attack peaceful demonstrators, well actually they do but it's rather frowned upon. we tend to refer to uphold the law, law enforcement rather suggests the people don't have any say in the matter and need to be kept in their place.

In the UK we take for granted we have a right to protest and demonstrate although sadly it seems only rioting makes the government take notice. Same in france, spain, greece portugal, italy even the germans have learned not to just do what they are told. My country right or wrong is not an argument that gets very much credence in Europe there are still people alive who remember what happens when you just follow orders without question.

If you want to kid yourself your sons being in irag and Afghanistan has anything to do with defending america from terrorists and preserving your freedom that's your right, other people have the right to disagree and make their displeasure known and try to get you to understand as well. There seems to be quite a lot of veterans involved in the occupy wall street movement I suppose you think they are wishy washy liberals as well. Soldiers and police who follow orders without question have no place in a free society, everyone is accountable for what they do. If a law is unjust and you believe you have no right to challenge it and that no one should ever question authority I think you kind of missed the point of the american revolution. If everybody thought like you back then you would live in a very different place.

If you want to live in a country where 1% of the population accumulate all the wealth while your countrymen lose their jobs and homes get embroiled in wars that don't need to be fought and best of all reduce taxes so they can keep more of it you really shouldn't be surprised if people want to demonstrate against it. The question is would you open fire on them or accept they have a right to disagree? Which side of the barrier would you stand, will you defend someone's right to argue with you or authority or will you make them shut up?

It's interesting, wonder what will happen.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time
    04:48 AM

I wonder if hoppy is being deliberately provocative like spot is wont to do.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    I wander if hoppy is being deliberately provocative like spot is wont to do.
    Well, don't wander too far.

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time
    05:48 AM

Theres not much I can add to this.

"Because of the countless decisions we made in years past to undermine our own attitudes toward the rule of law and individual rights. Every time we looked the other way when the president asked for the right to detain people without trials, to engage in warrantless searches, to eavesdrop on private citizens without even a judge knowing about it, we made it harder to answer the question: What is it were actually defending?

In another time, maybe, we might have been able to argue that we were using force to defend the principles of modern Western civilization, that we were "spreading democracy."

Instead, we completely shat upon every principle we ever stood for, stooping to torture and assassination and extrajudicial detention."
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Well, don't wander too far.
    I guess that answers my question.

anomaly
    Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    Whine? I haven't heard anything about the protesters themselves complaining about the treatment they got. Can you give me a link to this "whining"?

Meanwhile, a little rioting and running amok for your viewing pleasure:

I am so deeply touched by this protest. I've been saying for a long time that the best weapon we have against the oppressors is shame. When you look them straight in the eyes and say nothing they hear all the things their soul tells them they did wrong.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time
    11:48 AM

pepper spray this lot when they get to the states

Naked ambition: Ukrainian topless protests go global — RT

Go on I dare you.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    link doesn't work.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast