Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gary Johnson for President?

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    07:14 AM

Re: Gary Johnson for President?

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Isolationism didn't work so well in the '30s and is super stupid today. Our current President is doing a lot of that and I am not impressed with the results.

I am constantly amazed at the hatred of the Federal Reserve.

Not going to say if this is good or bad, but the Internal Revenue Service is here to stay. Best to do a Reagan on the tax code, again. I know like budging the huge boulder up the hill only to have it roll back down.

I hate the concept of a "Fair Tax" /Consumption Tax. Better to see my tax up front, a place where I can direct my annoyance.
    We are somewhat in agreement.
    I tend towards the idea of raising the tax a bit on higher incomes, since I think we have some pretty good evidence that the Trickle Down thing does NOT work. (At least not in the way the Reaganites led folks to believe.)
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    08:14 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    I'd love to know where the Constitution requires marriage equality for gay Americans. I'd love to know where the Constitution mentions marriage at all.
    I don't believe the Constitution has to. Seems to me when the state enforces any laws they must be equally applied.

In the Oaklahoma And Marriage, thread on post #24, I wrote Ever since this nonsense of "homosexual marriage" became and issue it was apparent to me is the best resolution is for the state to get out of the marriage business.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    08:14 AM

I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    06:14 AM

If the election was a popularity contest to choose who would be the better friend or neighbor, then the choice would be easy. Gary Johnson is the only nice person running for President this election.

All the other candidates have one thing in common. They want to tell us all how to live our lives. They are busy-body power-mongers who want to rule. They may mean to rule well, but they do mean to rule.

The two big-party candidates are both proven liars, over and over again. Neither can be trusted. Neither can be believed. It is downright dangerous to give any power to pathological liars.

Unfortunately most politicians are pathological liars. Some are just more difficult to catch than others.

And elections aren't about who would make a good neighbor. Elections are about who is fit to rule over others.

It is my opinion that there isn't anybody on this planet fit to rule over others.

If, as the slogan says, "Your Vote Is Your Power!" then I refuse to give my power to any politician.

Voting makes the voter an accomplice to the winning politicians' political crimes.

I can't accept those terms, so my conscience won't let me vote. Not even for a nice guy like Gary.

El Veto-Voter

HaltVote.org

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by El Veto-Voter View Post
    All the other candidates have one thing in common. They want to tell us all how to live our lives. They are busy-body power-mongers who want to rule. They may mean to rule well, but they do mean to rule.

The two big-party candidates are both proven liars, over and over again. Neither can be trusted. Neither can be believed. It is downright dangerous to give any power to pathological liars.

Unfortunately most politicians are pathological liars. Some are just more difficult to catch than others.

And elections aren't about who would make a good neighbor. Elections are about who is fit to rule over others.

It is my opinion that there isn't anybody on this planet fit to rule over others.

If, as the slogan says, "Your Vote Is Your Power!" then I refuse to give my power to any politician.

Voting makes the voter an accomplice to the winning politicians' political crimes.
    What a pile of crap! I'm a 75-year-old American and I have no idea where the Sonoran desert is, do they even teach civics and government in the school(s) there?

Your political representatives are in office because you or your neighbors selected them at the voting booth. If you don't like the way they are performing you can vote against them in the next election.

I am a lifelong Democrat, I live in a part of the state of Illinois that is mostly Republican. As might be expected, I don't like much of the agendae of the GOP office holders, but I would not describe a single one of them as you have done to politicians in general.

Our city recently elected a new mayor, a Republican. I voted for her because I was unhappy with the former mayor, a Democrat, and I'm glad that he was voted out, but I wouldn't describe him by ANY of the terms you used.

I expect to vote for the current mayor if she runs again. If she somehow loses her way she will no doubt be voted out. That's called politics.

If you don't like the political climate in your desert hideaway, don't call them names, just vote them out. Or run for office yourself.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by El Veto-Voter View Post
    If the election was a popularity contest to choose who would be the better friend or neighbor, then the choice would be easy. Gary Johnson is the only nice person running for President this election.

I can't accept those terms, so my conscience won't let me vote. Not even for a nice guy like Gary.

El Veto-Voter

HaltVote.org
    Well, there is your biggest problem. You expect to be "ruled over" by some knucklehead for whom you have no respect.
    These people are not rulers. Not even leaders. They are being hired to be administrators of the government organizations.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    02:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, there is your biggest problem. You expect to be "ruled over" by some knucklehead for whom you have no respect.
    These people are not rulers. Not even leaders. They are being hired to be administrators of the government organizations.
    And maybe one day they will behave that way

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    06:14 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aspam View Post
    What a pile of crap! I'm a 75-year-old American and I have no idea where the Sonoran desert is, do they even teach civics and government in the school(s) there?

Your political representatives are in office because you or your neighbors selected them at the voting booth. If you don't like the way they are performing you can vote against them in the next election.

I am a lifelong Democrat, I live in a part of the state of Illinois that is mostly Republican. As might be expected, I don't like much of the agendae of the GOP office holders, but I would not describe a single one of them as you have done to politicians in general.

Our city recently elected a new mayor, a Republican. I voted for her because I was unhappy with the former mayor, a Democrat, and I'm glad that he was voted out, but I wouldn't describe him by ANY of the terms you used.

I expect to vote for the current mayor if she runs again. If she somehow loses her way she will no doubt be voted out. That's called politics.

If you don't like the political climate in your desert hideaway, don't call them names, just vote them out. Or run for office yourself.
    I think I understand where you are coming from. I grew up in southern Illinois, along the Mississippi River. When I was in college I spent a quarter in Springfield, where I used my lunch hours to listen to the Illinois legislature debates. It always struck me as unfair that the best arguments were by the downstate (R) legislators, but that the Chicago Political Machine (D) rode roughshod over everybody anyway. It was a real good lesson in the "fairness" of electoral politics.

I have since studied and rejected the so-called philosophies of each branch of the political spectrum, though libertarianism (if it could be implemented) would come closer to my beliefs than most others.

What is taught in the government schools around me has no bearing on my education. Neither does the subject matter I learned in college or any other institution. Leaving one's education up to schooling is a sure recipe for ignorance.

I would not describe any single one of our local officials in the terms that they deserve when lumped together. Because they do not act in their own names, in their own capacities, but rather they subjugate us in unison. It is not any individual politician that is the problem, it is the entire system.

And, if we choose to enable them, we are also the problem. It isn't how we vote -- it is "if" we vote that matters to their power structure.

Thank you for giving some real food for thought.

By the way, I have run for office and received more than 70,000 votes. But that doesn't make me qualified to rule over you, does it?

Likewise with all of them. If it isn't right for me to do to you, it isn't right for "us" to do to "them" and it isn't right for "government" to do to everybody.

Right is right; wrong is wrong; majority approval doesn't change it.
    Last edited by El Veto-Voter; 09-02-2016 at 09:43 PM. Reason: slight addition to respond to additional comment

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2