Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: What is Your Top Issue?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Posts
    5,130
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    07:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    America's relationship with its own people is America's business - US Foreign Policy is the world's business and the words I hear frighten me.

    Score one for foreign policy.
    Yes indeedy!

    BUT...

    ...if the USA's Civil Liberties go down the tubes then their foreign policy will follow fast and MUCH worse than anything we've seen so far. Unless they go internally theocratic (a la Robert Heinlein stories from the 1960's (I think)). At that point I don't know what happens. Might be a good thing. But I expect a lot of people will die.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

  2. #12
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!! YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,530
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    01:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    Foreign policy,economy

  3. #13
    Mad Arse Face Snooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Other Square State, USA
    Posts
    4,646
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    12:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    My top issue is to keep Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich and Santorum out of higher office.

    Here are just two examples. I could spend hours collecting stupid remarks Perry's made. And I just don't like Gingrich.

    During an TV interview this morning, Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann bristled when asked to provide insight into what, exactly, she meant when she said in a speech that gays were "sad" sufferers of "sexual dysfunction" and "a part of Satan," calling the question irrelevant gotcha journalism.
    Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

  4. #14
    Senior Member Accountable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    24,996
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    02:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    My top issue is to keep Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich and Santorum out of higher office.

    Here are just two examples. I could spend hours collecting stupid remarks Perry's made. And I just don't like Gingrich.



    Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy
    Just to put it into a pithy category, would that be that they must appear presidential as your top issue?

  5. #15
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!! YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,530
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    01:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    Just to put it into a pithy category, would that be that they must appear presidential as your top issue?
    If some of the last few Presidents are our examples of "appearing to be presidential" then we're in trouble.

  6. #16
    Mad Arse Face Snooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Other Square State, USA
    Posts
    4,646
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    12:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    Just to put it into a pithy category, would that be that they must appear presidential as your top issue?
    I'm not much for pithy but I'd put it more as "realistic and viable candidates instead of nutjobs and/or religious fundamentalists."

  7. #17
    Senior Member Accountable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    24,996
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    02:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    If some of the last few Presidents are our examples of "appearing to be presidential" then we're in trouble.
    They didn't appear to be presidential, which I'm pretty sure is her point. The last president to appear presidential was Reagan. That's certainly not to say that he preserved, protected or defended the Constitution.

  8. #18
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    03:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    I don't want to see another invasion of a country ever again unless any number above 50% of other countries not only approve but encourage(I believe that's called foreign policy)...

    All of this "terrorist" talk is garbage and only exists as a means to gain the sentiment of the people.

    All the republicans have done in this campaign is lie about why the economy is the way it is and then everyone believes them without question simply because this country is far too ignorant. It's honestly brainwash material and everything to do with money. This country makes more money than any other country can dream of yet our children are ranked below at least 15 other countries in education and no one sees an immense problem with this?

    $15 trillion in debt and that's Obama's problem??????

    And now the leading candidate Mitt Romney?????? A greedy capitalist who simply wants fame now after he's already as wealthy as anyone can imagine?????? What else is left for him to do work for the general good of the people??????? Yeah right! What a joke

  9. #19
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!! YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,530
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    01:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    I don't want to see another invasion of a country ever again unless any number above 50% of other countries not only approve but encourage(I believe that's called foreign policy)...

    All of this "terrorist" talk is garbage and only exists as a means to gain the sentiment of the people.

    All the republicans have done in this campaign is lie about why the economy is the way it is and then everyone believes them without question simply because this country is far too ignorant. It's honestly brainwash material and everything to do with money. This country makes more money than any other country can dream of yet our children are ranked below at least 15 other countries in education and no one sees an immense problem with this?

    $15 trillion in debt and that's Obama's problem??????

    And now the leading candidate Mitt Romney?????? A greedy capitalist who simply wants fame now after he's already as wealthy as anyone can imagine?????? What else is left for him to do work for the general good of the people??????? Yeah right! What a joke
    Are you implying that if we only had democrats in office, everything would be hunky dory with no debt and all our children would be scholars?

  10. #20
    Senior Member K.Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10,243
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    03:52 AM

    Re: What is Your Top Issue?

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    Are you implying that if we only had democrats in office, everything would be hunky dory with no debt and all our children would be scholars?
    Are you implying that I'm a democrat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's your Main Issue?
    By Accountable in forum Presidential Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 05:17 AM
  2. It's an emotional issue
    By coberst in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 04:17 AM
  3. Searching issue
    By Bill Sikes in forum Problems, Solutions & Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 05:26 AM
  4. Serious Domestic Issue
    By Lon in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 03:07 AM
  5. overweight-is it a issue
    By jwolf7722 in forum Fitness & Nutrition
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 08:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts