+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your Top Issue?

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    08:28 AM

What is Your Top Issue?

I want to do a poll, but I'm not sure which categories to put on it, so I'd like to do a quick check on the 3 or 4 most popular.

What is the Number 1 most important issue in the 2012 US presidential campaign? I know that almost everyone has several issues they consider important - single-issue voters aren't very wise - but whittle it down the most important issue that will sway your opinion and your vote.

For me, it is military policy.

Several of the repub candidates have voiced approval of pre-emptive strikes and even promised to do so themselves if given the chance. That's a deal breaker for me.

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time
    02:28 AM

Re: What is Your Top Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    I want to do a poll, but I'm not sure which categories to put on it, so I'd like to do a quick check on the 3 or 4 most popular.

What is the Number 1 most important issue in the 2012 US presidential campaign? I know that almost everyone has several issues they consider important - single-issue voters aren't very wise - but whittle it down the most important issue that will sway your opinion and your vote.

For me, it is military policy.

Several of the repub candidates have voiced approval of pre-emptive strikes and even promised to do so themselves if given the chance. That's a deal breaker for me.
    Same with me & I add Foreign Policy.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    01:28 PM

A month or so I would have said US foreign policy. Now I am more concerned about the USA's relationship with its own citizens. All this getting "disappeared" if you behave in a way the bureaucrats decide is potentially terrorist? Stalin and Pol Pot are singing Hallelujahs! Pinochet is offering the use of experienced air crew!

How long before the USA is a theocracy? Honestly, you worry they'll be burning witches in twenty years...
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    A month or so I would have said US foreign policy. Now I am more concerned about the USA's relationship with its own citizens. All this getting "disappeared" if you behave in a way the bureaucrats decide is potentially terrorist? Stalin and Pol Pot are singing Hallelujahs! Pinochet is offering the use of experienced air crew!

How long before the USA is a theocracy? Honestly, you worry they'll be burning witches in twenty years...
    Okay, help me narrow that down to a category a politician might mention in a speech or debate. Civil Rights? Domestic security?

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

I think it's Civil Liberties...

US citizen: "I hate this goddamn government."
    US response: WHAM! SWAT team abduction of suspected terrorist. Evidence: Contents of food cupboard and freezer = more than 7 days food stored. Conviction secured, Guantanamo here we come. We'll teach YOU to stock your larder in such an aggressive, un-American way.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    07:28 AM

As they used to say around the Clinton campaign,
    "It's the economy, stupid."
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

I think it's Civil Liberties...

US citizen: "I hate this goddamn government."
    US response: WHAM! SWAT team abduction of suspected terrorist. Evidence: Contents of food cupboard and freezer = more than 7 days food stored. Conviction secured, Guantanamo here we come. We'll teach YOU to stock your larder in such an aggressive, un-American way.
    HA! So undeducated. Conviction means trial means notifying the criminal of his rights. That would waste time & resources.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

HA! So undeducated. Conviction means trial means notifying the criminal of his rights. That would waste time & resources.
    "Ja! Unt zer USA didn't get to zer moon vithout efficient use of time unt resources," if I may paraphrase that great American, Herr Werner von Braun. One wonders if rocket plans and scientists were the only things taken from the Nazis. (I'm exaggerating for effect, but the way the USA is going at the moment is a bit scary)

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    09:28 AM

I guess my top issue is: May the President not be a moron, act like a moron or seem like a moron. Don't be so phoney that I cringe to hear & see you every day on the news. I don't want to despise my President or feel embarrassed by him. Don't be a total hypocritical jerk, that's all I'm asking, I've given up on the rest.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    02:28 PM

Register to remove this ad.

America's relationship with its own people is America's business - US Foreign Policy is the world's business and the words I hear frighten me.

Score one for foreign policy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast