+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello FG

Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    06:16 AM

Hello FG

So, I'm back; sorry I took my time, I was...........

Delayed.
    "We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

anomaly
    Local Date
    03-31-2020
    Local Time
    10:16 PM

Re: Hello FG

I now believe in God. Of all the days I clicked this link in my favourites bar it turns out to be the day the Doctor made another appearance.

Please do tell. How is Ireland making out since the bailout? Have you invented a drink that will obliterate the last century? Have you made a protest sign in the last three months?

Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time

Dear Koan, thank you kindly, and indeed, many postulate such an entity exists so you may be correct in your assumption in relation to the deity.

Ireland has had a little difficulty with some financial irregularities (as you may well have heard); this is inconvenient of course, it seems one can no longer walk down any major street in Dublin without meeting an official of the International Monetary Fund, or the European Commission.

However, I find that life is in general pretty much the same as ever, indeed (if anything) life is more as I used to remember; i.e. before the advent of the Celtic tiger, when people realized that death and taxes were the only things that anyone could really rely on, and so it has proven, therefore I (for one) remain sanguine about the situation.

My scientific work alas, does not revolve around making drinks, though your suggestion for a century-obliterating beverage is an excellent one (particularly for everything post 1990); I have been working on what to do with the residue that arises from the production of alcoholic drinks; however, so perhaps I could move my research further into the the drink production chain. It would seem a logical step.

I have not made any protest signs in the last three months, as I have been busy trying to complete my doctoral thesis (hence the delay), that was submitted last Friday; therefore, I am now free to take a political position on the current impasse that western capitalism finds itself in; I am unsure of which precise position to take, as it is a large subject and takes in many aspects, though I shall work on the matter, as it is certainly topical, if nothing else.

So to conclude, I must ask you how you have been, and what, in brief, has been going on in the Garden. I am aware that this will have to be a brief synopsis given the length of time I have been away, but please, indulge me.
    "We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

anomaly
    Local Date
    03-31-2020
    Local Time

Disaster capitalism rather sums it up. Egypt got all full of their personal power and started an idea that a Canadian hidden company called Adbusters gave a name. Don't let it Occupy your mind long as they have not yet established a persuasive format for expressing their ideas.

FG got itself sold to one right proper Brit who goes by the name of a big hill (though many people suspected it was spotty) and has been threatened by a number of rambling poetics with not much to say (who I hesitate to name).

A thesis, you say? Is it one such as: William Shakespeare shows, through his depiction of female characters, that the only successful personality is one who balances both genders in one?

anomaly
    Local Date
    03-31-2020
    Local Time

Not that I believe Shakespeare was written by a Mr William (hehe)
    And I'm sure you have much more microbiological concerns

Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    05:16 AM

So now you are a proper Doctor! I'm impressed. Congratulations. I know it probably won't mean much, but what was the title of your thesis?
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    03-31-2020
    Local Time

Galbally's a lot better looking than Matt Smith, I think we should petition he be the next Doctor Who... since he's got the title and everything. All in favor?

Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    FG got itself sold to one right proper Brit who goes by the name of a big hill (though many people suspected it was spotty) and has been threatened by a number of rambling poetics with not much to say (who I hesitate to name).
    I nearly choked myself, laugh ? I nearly died .......tears......and all.

Thanks........
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Banned
    Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    05:16 AM

Oh good.......... I get to spy on you here as well as facebook now....

Congrats on the Doctorship Gallbladder.

Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    01:16 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Welcome back Galbally, hope all is well with you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast