Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can any residents etc tell me what Moordown in Bournemouth is like please?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    10:44 AM

Question Can any residents etc tell me what Moordown in Bournemouth is like please?

Hi I hope this is the right forum. Can people in the Bournemouth area tell me what Wimbourne Road in Moordown is like please? I have been offered a house swap, and I want to know if it's rough and should be avoided etc, or is it a nice part of Bournemouth to go?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    07:44 PM

Re: Can any residents etc tell me what Moordown in Bournemouth is like please?

Go to Google put in the address and then go to street view, you will be able to see the colour of the curtains and whether the neighbours have large cars.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Go to Google put in the address and then go to street view, you will be able to see the colour of the curtains and whether the neighbours have large cars.
    That won't tell you if they boogie all night every night or trash the local after the disco on a Saturday night :-)

Oddly enough I'll be driving down Wimbourne Road tomorrow so I could ask around

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Cheers that's helpful. Only thing putting me off is the electric storage heaters.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

It turns out that there are three distinct Wimbourne Roads in Bournemouth. I asked about Moordown in general and the response was that it's mostly good with a couple of iffy pockets.

The Wimbourne Road in Moordown is quite busy traffic wise and is mostly shops. I drove down it and it appeared OK with the few residential properties being quite good. The end towards Bournemouth was the better end.

HTH.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    06:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    It turns out that there are three distinct Wimbourne Roads in Bournemouth. I asked about Moordown in general and the response was that it's mostly good with a couple of iffy pockets.

The Wimbourne Road in Moordown is quite busy traffic wise and is mostly shops. I drove down it and it appeared OK with the few residential properties being quite good. The end towards Bournemouth was the better end.

HTH.
    I have to say It's very good of you Bryn to go to all that trouble.

What a gent you are ?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I have to say It's very good of you Bryn to go to all that trouble.

What a gent you are ?
    It was not a problem - not as if I made a special trip to find out, I was down that way anyway and only had a short detour.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post

HTH.
    Sorry for the delay in answering, That's very kind of you to go to all that trouble, her property is opposite a Kawasaki motobike shop, apparently I can get a grant to change the storage heaters to radiators. Anyone know if this is true? Here is the link for what the outside of her house looks like, she is in flat B. I wonder what the iffy pockets are?

10003 Wimbourne Road, Bournemouth - Google Maps

+ Reply to Thread