Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any smokers here?

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    06:00 AM

Re: Any smokers here?

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    for too many it will kill you & shorten your health & life.
    I'm glad you made that distinction, too few people bother. Being run over by a car kills you. A heart attack kills you. Smoking never killed anyone but it has undoubtedly depleted the health and shortened the life of hundreds of millions and will continue to do so for as long as anyone's daft enough to ingest their drug of choice in such a lethal manner.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    06:00 AM

Oh dear Spot, if only life were so easy, every smoker knows doing it is daft hun.

Addiction is a problem period, just because smoking cigarette's is legal makes it no less an addiction than anything else, its handy that its legal, helps us justify it in a sense. The addiction is what we have to address, why are we addicted to smoking? We have to address the underlying cause.

I already know why i smoke / drink / eat too much

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 PM

If you can`t quit smoking cigarettes why not try ganja. I know of people who does not smoke cigarettes but smoke ganja. The passive smokers get a high out of it.

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Tried it, tried everything.

Managed to stop once for 11 months, wanted one everyday for the whole 11 months.
    I had an MI 4 years ago. My cardiologist said the lining endothelium of a coronary artery in the inferior wall of my heart bled when it suffered a tear due to hypertension. The rip was caused when I lighted a stick while driving in my car. When I inhaled the smoke I started coughing. My chest tightened. There was no chest pain at all. My skin was cold and clammy. Suddenly I said I must be having a heart attack. I stopped, took my pulse and felt nothing. I rested for 15 minutes in the car parked along the road. I thought I would pass out. But I did not. I was able to find my way home appearing very drunk when my wife looked at me as having too many ice-cold San Miguel beer. I was rushed to the ER in the hospital where my son a nurse worked. An EKG was taken and it was confirmed I suffered from an acute inferior wall myocardial infarction. They gave me a streptokinase injection to dissolve the clot formed from the bleeding. I`m glad I am a doctor who saw the grim picture of what I was going through. I survive the attack. At present, I still smoke ( a green Marlboro stick). My argument with non-smokers that if I quit smoking I`ll get lung cancer instead. I was meant to die of MI I realized but escaped death mysteriously. Wherever I go death follows and yet it can not touch me unless he defeats or kills the one before me. If you saw the movie The Final Destination then perhaps you know what I mean. I can not be killed by death himself unless he kills first the one before me who also escaped death. I doubt he can do that to Balaramaji Christ Jesus.

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by rajakrsna View Post
    I had an MI 4 years ago. My cardiologist said the lining endothelium of a coronary artery in the inferior wall of my heart bled when it suffered a tear due to hypertension. The rip was caused when I lighted a stick while driving in my car. When I inhaled the smoke I started coughing. My chest tightened. There was no chest pain at all. My skin was cold and clammy. Suddenly I said I must be having a heart attack. I stopped, took my pulse and felt nothing. I rested for 15 minutes in the car parked along the road. I thought I would pass out. But I did not. I was able to find my way home appearing very drunk when my wife looked at me as having too many ice-cold San Miguel beer. I was rushed to the ER in the hospital where my son a nurse worked. An EKG was taken and it was confirmed I suffered from an acute inferior wall myocardial infarction. They gave me a streptokinase injection to dissolve the clot formed from the bleeding. I`m glad I am a doctor who saw the grim picture of what I was going through. I survive the attack. At present, I still smoke ( a green Marlboro stick). My argument with non-smokers that if I quit smoking I`ll get lung cancer instead. I was meant to die of MI I realized but escaped death mysteriously. Wherever I go death follows and yet it can not touch me unless he defeats or kills the one before me. If you saw the movie The Final Destination then perhaps you know what I mean. I can not be killed by death himself unless he kills first the one before me who also escaped death. I doubt he can do that to Balaramaji Christ Jesus.
    It's cute how bacteria can save ya life isn't it?
    Mutualism is the way two organisms of different species biologically interact in a relationship in which each individual derives a fitness benefit (i.e., increased or improved reproductive output).
    Mutualism (biology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way, "a green Marlboro stick", if I understand correctly, is a menthol cigarette of which
    Menthol cigarettes have also been shown to inhibit nicotine metabolism, causing "systemic enhancement in exposure to nicotine".
    means they're far more deadly than the fundamental context of the thread even...

I do admire the old adage "if you're going to do something then do it right" though...

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    It's cute how bacteria can save ya life isn't it? Mutualism (biology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way, "a green Marlboro stick", if I understand correctly, is a menthol cigarette of whichmeans they're far more deadly than the fundamental context of the thread even...

I do admire the old adage "if you're going to do something then do it right" though...
    I inherited the smoking gene from my great grandfather ( grandmother`s side) who died of old age ( 103 ). My grandfather ( mother`s side ) was also a smoker who died ( 90 ) due to cerebral thrombosis. My father stopped smoking ( 65 ) when he developed symptoms of COPD. He`s still alive at 82. My two sons don`t smoke after I found out from the neighbors they smoked when I wasn`t around. I said to them, " I`d rather let you smoke with me than hid it from me. " After that lecture, I let them each ate a stick of menthol cigarette. From there they vowed never to light a cigarette even if I insist they should light one in my presence.

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 AM

Thankfully I gave up cigs a long time ago but still miss it. I will never start again though.

Love a little, sweet tipper cigar once-in-a-while thought but don't inhale.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:00 PM

I smoked and quit using an electronic cigarette. My doctor suggested it after I had tried every other method. My electronic cigarette looks nothing like a cigarette, by the way. It is a box with a tip on it and a control for voltage. I can dial up the voltage to increase the volume of vapor produced in a puff. It is very easy to gradually reduce the nicotine level. My doctor had previously prescribed a nicotine inhaler, but without the vapor cloud and taste it didn't do the job for me.

Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time

Smoking is a cultural tradition. The red Indians in America smoke. The Chinese smoke pot long before it was introduced in America. The Hindus smoke. The Turkish smoke. So, if you were a smoker, I am glad you did not quit. For better for worse.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:00 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    I do not smoke but i want to try E cigarette

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3