+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever Talk to Dead People?

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    04:58 PM

Ever Talk to Dead People?

I don't consider myself either psychic or a "medium." Still, there have been moments when I am totally convinced that I have received communications from the "other side." I'm sure by admitting that there will be many in here ready to label me a kook. I don't care. If I wasn't completely sure of myself I wouldn't profess such a thing.

These "communications" came spontaneously. I was not seeking any communication with the "dead." The message received was always relevant to my life, usually something important, like a problem I was dealing with, for example. The messages always came telepathically, but powerfully, distinctly, and clearly. I would say that in the last ten years, I have had about ten such communications. Some of them were so important that I have kept the date of occurrence, as if it were a date worth remembering.

So, what I want to know, have any of you ever talked to dead people? and if you think you have, are you brave enough to admit it to the internet world?

I'm not here to debate or quash anyones post. Just curious.

P.s. Do you believe in mediums? If yes, do you have any favs?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    05:58 PM

Re: Ever Talk to Dead People?

How bout an example.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    03:58 PM

I talk to dead people all the time.
    Can't really many of them talking back, though.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    How bout an example.
    I guess that's a reasonable request, even though I suspect you are setting me up far a slam.

This happened at least ten years ago. I'd hit a stretch in my life where I wanted to kill myself. I hated everything. I'd gotten in the habit of slamming God with this hatred and beligerency, both verbally and mentally expressed. One catchphrase of mine when thinking of life and God was "I don't buy this crap anymore." Well one night while walking home from work, I was having these lovely thoughts. My anger--hatred--toward God was high. And after a hateful diatribe I said out loud, "I don't buy this crap anymore!!" Immediately I received a communication, clearly, and unmistakably that said: I'M NOT SELLING.

Now, for all you people that think I'm nuts already, I'm going to make it even better for you. It was God that spoke to me. There, now you have it.

Okay, your turn. I just threw myself under the bus, so to speak. None of you have anything to fear, since I am now officially the atheist's whipping boy in here.

In spite of that alleged communication I strive to be objective about God in here. When I debate I try to argue as one who does not yet know of God. But in a smug little corner in the back of my mind there resides a sparkling truth that time has not tarnished one bit.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I talk to dead people all the time.
    Can't really many of them talking back, though.
    Good grief! You're more crazy than I am! At least they answer me! LOL

Just kidding, of course.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Stop View Post
    I guess that's a reasonable request, even though I suspect you are setting me up far a slam.

This happened at least ten years ago. I'd hit a stretch in my life where I wanted to kill myself. I hated everything. I'd gotten in the habit of slamming God with this hatred and beligerency, both verbally and mentally expressed. One catchphrase of mine when thinking of life and God was "I don't buy this crap anymore." Well one night while walking home from work, I was having these lovely thoughts. My anger--hatred--toward God was high. And after a hateful diatribe I said out loud, "I don't buy this crap anymore!!" Immediately I received a communication, clearly, and unmistakably that said: I'M NOT SELLING.

Now, for all you people that think I'm nuts already, I'm going to make it even better for you. It was God that spoke to me. There, now you have it.

Okay, your turn. I just threw myself under the bus, so to speak. None of you have anything to fear, since I am now officially the atheist's whipping boy in here.

In spite of that alleged communication I strive to be objective about God in here. When I debate I try to argue as one who does not yet know of God. But in a smug little corner in the back of my mind there resides a sparkling truth that time has not tarnished one bit.
    I remember the first time I said "there is no God" outloud, I looked around with my eyes wide open waiting for something to happen. In the preceding years of that day there was an awful lot of dialogue between me and God which kept me from proclaiming myself free from my past and the authorities that taught me God was real. I came to a place in which I needed to claim my life and mind as my own and so I did.

Thanks for the honesty though you had already let it slip a couple of times that you were a believer. Welcome to FG!
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

I remember the first time I said "there is no God" outloud, I looked around with my eyes wide open waiting for something to happen. In the preceding years of that day there was an awful lot of dialogue between me and God which kept me from proclaiming myself free from my past and the authorities that taught me God was real. I came to a place in which I need to claim my own life and mind and so I did.

Thanks for the honesty though you had already let it slip a couple of times that you were a believer. Welcome to FG!

LOL Yeah, I know, it's hard to fake not knowing the truth.

I don't criticize you one bit for claiming your own life and mind. That's the way it should be. There's no reason for you to believe in God without Good reason. In the absence of "proof," God is no more real than the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. I'll say incidentally that I bet there are many so-called atheists in here that are closet theists. They deny God up and down in here, but late at night, in a darkened room, they pray more than the "believers." I can't help but wonder, are you one of those people? NAW. Not you.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

LOL Yeah, I know, it's hard to fake not knowing the truth. [/B]

I don't criticize you one bit for claiming your own life and mind. That's the way it should be. There's no reason for you to believe in God without Good reason. In the absence of "proof," God is no more real than the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. I'll say incidentally that I bet there are many so-called atheists in here that are closet theists. They deny God up and down in here, but late at night, in a darkened room, they pray more than the "believers." I can't help but wonder, are you one of those people? NAW. Not you.
    Nope, not me! But if you're close enough you might hear me talking to myself quite often.

The members of this forum who are believers are mature about it; and honestly, if you stick around long enough and take the time to actually get to know the nonbelievers (and believers) here, you'll probably change your mind about your presumption.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Nope, not me! But if you're close enough you might hear me talking to myself quite often.

The members of this forum who are believers are mature about it; and honestly, if you stick around long enough and take the time to actually get to know the nonbelievers (and believers) here, you'll probably change your mind about your presumption.
    Hmmmm...My presumption? I guess..I....have to ask...what do you mean, presumption?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Hmmmm...My presumption? I guess..I....have to ask...what do you mean, presumption?
    I'll say incidentally that I bet there are many so-called atheists in here that are closet theists.
    You don't know the members here well enough to make your statement with any degree of certainty. Not only that but you're not in the bedroom or privy to any dark hours of FG members unless you're hiding under the bed, and that'll just get you beat up.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast