Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Bullying

  1. #1
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 PM

    Bullying

    Amanda Todd is dead.

    The last couple of days, the death of a 15 yr old girl in the Vancouver area has gone viral. Three years ago she let someone talk her into flashing her breasts on a webcam. The man then threatened to release the photos and video to everyone she knew unless she continued to give him "shows." Amanda refused so he followed through on threats. The police knocked on their door one night and broke the news that all the kids and teachers from her school had received copies of the pictures. They haven't been able to track down the man who did this despite him following her to every school she moved to. They have said they believe the man was in the United States but the reason for that assumption seems flimsy.

    Amanda Todd’s mom speaks out about daughter’s death

    What's worse is that the kids at the school took up the bullying. If it had just been the stalker and she could have found even one good friend this girl's life might have been saved. Her youtube video tells her story. It's heartbreaking.



    The comments on this video are stunning. The abuse continues even after her death.

  2. #2
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    Been reading and watching the comments for the last hour and, mixed in with the lamentations are:

    "LOL she deserved to die!"
    "Amanda Toad Face"
    "A child who is a slut in training. MY BAD. Was."
    "sounds like you ****ed up your oown life lol glad she killed herself what an idiot"
    "QQ people who can't deal with bullies need to off themselves. To many whiny bitches."
    "Some of you are saying that the bullies are wrong for making assumptions about her, but then turn around and make the assumption that she was a perfect angel. Even though almost NONE of you know her."
    "**** Amanda Toad, Bitch should have stayed in the swamp catching fly's, Instead of using that tongue to suck some guys dick."
    "What a waste of paper ;("
    "You have to admit that was funny! Her head was gigantic! If I gave you the link for her nudes would you stop being so butt hurt?"
    "At least Amanda is safe. Sucking dicks in hell"
    reply --- "Why would you say something like that?"
    answer ---- "Because its what shes good at."

    Amazing what people will say with assumed anonymity. Apparently there was a mass outpouring of grief at her former schools.
    Seems like some of those kids aren't really that sorry.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,597
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    11:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    Been reading and watching the comments for the last hour and, mixed in with the lamentations are:

    "LOL she deserved to die!"
    "Amanda Toad Face"
    "A child who is a slut in training. MY BAD. Was."
    "sounds like you ****ed up your oown life lol glad she killed herself what an idiot"
    "QQ people who can't deal with bullies need to off themselves. To many whiny bitches."
    "Some of you are saying that the bullies are wrong for making assumptions about her, but then turn around and make the assumption that she was a perfect angel. Even though almost NONE of you know her."
    "**** Amanda Toad, Bitch should have stayed in the swamp catching fly's, Instead of using that tongue to suck some guys dick."
    "What a waste of paper ;("
    "You have to admit that was funny! Her head was gigantic! If I gave you the link for her nudes would you stop being so butt hurt?"
    "At least Amanda is safe. Sucking dicks in hell"
    reply --- "Why would you say something like that?"
    answer ---- "Because its what shes good at."

    Amazing what people will say with assumed anonymity. Apparently there was a mass outpouring of grief at her former schools.
    Seems like some of those kids aren't really that sorry.
    There are some sick people in the world! Just what do they get off on?

  4. #4
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    It really upsets me. I have to work in five hours and I can't sleep now.

    Apparently they are starting to press charges more often but I'm not convinced that any actions have been useful. Some of those comments have elements of people who knew her. I hope the police investigate people posting hate on these videos. The original video and every copy of it on youtube has similar comments. After Reena Virk's murder you'd think we'd have come up with some sort of plan.
    Murder of Reena Virk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There are three phases to this ongoing crime.
    1) The cyber stalker
    2) The readiness of kids from three different schools to unite in an easy target
    3) The excitement of online trolls to continue the humiliation of a victim and call her weak as if it's her fault she couldn't take the bullying

  5. #5
    Mad Arse Face Snooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Other Square State, USA
    Posts
    4,646
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    You'd think they'd be very concerned about the man since he's obviously a pedophile that distributed child pornography. If I understand this correctly, he sent out photos of a 12 year old's "breasts". Charges against bullying haven't caught up to the actual offense but pedophilia is taken very seriously in our little corner of the world.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,597
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    11:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    It really upsets me. I have to work in five hours and I can't sleep now.

    Apparently they are starting to press charges more often but I'm not convinced that any actions have been useful. Some of those comments have elements of people who knew her. I hope the police investigate people posting hate on these videos. The original video and every copy of it on youtube has similar comments. After Reena Virk's murder you'd think we'd have come up with some sort of plan.
    Murder of Reena Virk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There are three phases to this ongoing crime.
    1) The cyber stalker
    2) The readiness of kids from three different schools to unite in an easy target
    3) The excitement of online trolls to continue the humiliation of a victim and call her weak as if it's her fault she couldn't take the bullying
    Personally, I'd tag each of the comments with the real name of the person who made it and see how they like owning the consequences of their actions rather than hiding behind a screen.

    At least she had the courage to tell her blackmailer to go to hell - they are cowards and scum of the worst kind.

  7. #7
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeAgain View Post
    You'd think they'd be very concerned about the man since he's obviously a pedophile that distributed child pornography. If I understand this correctly, he sent out photos of a 12 year old's "breasts". Charges against bullying haven't caught up to the actual offense but pedophilia is taken very seriously in our little corner of the world.
    That was my first thought, that the paedophile should be the starting point in the investigation. The first article I linked implied that they'd looked for him and not been able to find him. That was their flimsy excuse for saying he was probably American. They claim Americans are better at hiding their IP etc. That's a load of crock. This guy had direct contact with hundreds of people via facebook and probably email. He knew where she lived... everything about her.

    One of the comments said something about how her bullies were posting facebook pages mourning for her. That indicates that some of the kids in the school can and will identify who was bullying her, so that takes care of the second part.

    The online part, that's something that we'll have to work out in this new age of internet communications. Trolls get off on upsetting people. Probably most, but not all of it, is basic trolling. I think the current "plan" is to count on users reporting it as "spam" or voting negative enough times it gets removed.

  8. #8
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    It seems that facebook is the most common link in all these teen suicides. That needs to be addressed.

  9. #9
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 PM

    Re: Bullying

    The online bullying continues still. Some of the memorial pages have had her topless photo posted on them

    Amanda Todd: Bullied girl’s memorial pages targeted by negative messages - thestar.com

    Even after the death of Port Coquitlam teen Amanda Todd, bullies are actively posting hateful messages on Facebook memorial pages.

    Messages that poke fun at her death and make Todd out to be a villain are followed by reactions from the online community, shaming those attacking her.
    Amanda's death is instigating more intense action in prosecuting bullying and it is exposing the depth of depravity that social media is bringing to the problem. I'm hoping that the end result is people working out that being online does not equal faceless anonymity.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    42
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    01:36 AM

    Re: Bullying

    Register to remove this ad.
    Teenagers can be complete mosters.
    I can understan that one man can be horrible and try to ruin the girls life, but that no one in several schools ever tried to be kind to her... that is what is trully horrific.
    Minxing the world! @ Nothing Exchange

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. School Bullying
    By Ahso! in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 05:21 PM
  2. Reporting Cyber Bullying?
    By Musiclover89 in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
  3. Teaching children about bullying
    By fuzzy butt in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 10:49 PM
  4. Online Bullying
    By Carolly in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
  5. Spot's bullying
    By spot in forum Members' News
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 09:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts