+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where's The Red Card?

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    01:52 PM

Re: Where's The Red Card?

With men, that would have just been the beginning of the video.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    05:52 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Male on male competition is natural within the species; we do it to perform for the opposite sex in order to gain permission for reproductive (sex) rights.
    Really????? cause that turns me right off both ...*shrugs* ...maybe I evolved?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    02:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Really????? cause that turns me right off both ...*shrugs* ...maybe I evolved?
    Or perhaps you're a mutant.

Seriously though, [1]arena sports isn't the only method of competition men engage in for reproductive rights permission. There's our use of language, music and the arts; how we present ourselves; and then there's the physical aspect, which is your weakness. Any one or combination of theses may be displayed in order to gain entry. Hell, we might even shout out of a car window as we pass - coz ya never know.

[1]In the arena sports area, if the performance itself doesn't get you, the money or fame we acquire might.

The complexity of mating is rather sophisticated, actually.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    03:52 PM

Or perhaps you're a mutant.

Seriously though, [1]arena sports isn't the only method of competition men engage in for reproductive rights permission. There's our use of language, music and the arts; how we present ourselves; and then there's the physical aspect, which is your weakness. Any one or combination of theses may be displayed in order to gain entry. Hell, we might even shout out of a car window as we pass - coz ya never know.

[1]In the arena sports area, if the performance itself doesn't get you, the money or fame we acquire might.

The complexity of mating is rather sophisticated, actually.
    Or perhaps aggressiveness is the result of being unable to relate to human beings. Perhaps this is what leads many to assume that if some people act aggressively then this is sufficient reason to claim that all human beings "prove nasty, poor, brutish, and short."

Perhaps by aggressiveness not being as prevalent in women than men, which has led to your surprise, suggests that women are more human than men(Of course there are other non human traits to be considered as well - although some may disagree with that).

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    12:52 PM

Ahso, I think you need to stop and consider something most men seem to miss when talking about how women "are": you have no f-ing clue. Seriously, dude. I would like to hear what you think women are "naturally" like so we women can all snicker then let you continue to believe it. We have ways of hurting people that men have never even dreamed of yet.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

What is it you think I've said about women?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

What is it you think I've said about women?
    Oh, don't be coy. You've said a lot.
    Where's the red card? Really? My question is: what's happening to the females of our species?

if we're going to insist on raising our girls as boys and continue to portray them as ass-kickers on the big screen, why would we expect any different?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKj05msInmQ

Some commentary worth considering in a Huffington Post article. It's short.

Petiola Manu, Salt Lake High School Soccer Player, Brutally Knees Opponent In The Face (VIDEO)
    The OP states that women are being raised like men. That implies that women and men have innate differences in temperament.

Male on male competition is natural within the species; we do it to perform for the opposite sex in order to gain permission for reproductive (sex) rights.
    You make your comments about what is natural for men as a contrast to women. You don't state what women are, you imply what they aren't. You've eliminated too many things now. I'm saying you don't know what they aren't any more than you know what they are. In either case the other side of the equation is zero.

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Let me simplify my double negatives to say that men only know about women what we want them to know. The physical aggression is becoming more noticable because women's rights have allowed women to be more physically aggressive. Imagine all the aggression you see on that soccer field but with no physical outlet. That is the world of women that men haven't yet sorted out. The aggression isn't new, only the visibility of it. Where men could just punch each other in the head, women have found more subtle ways of producing the same damage.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

I don't think I've said females can't be or aren't violent. It's obvious any member of our species is capable of violence. The evidence does suggest that female violence has been on the rise though. I attribute that, in part, to the fact that females have been being raised and conditioned lately in a way that gives rise to the opportunity to engage in more violent behavior.

As for "innate" differences between the genders: you can't dispute the biological differences between the genders and how each is thus driven biologically/naturally. Most males have a desire and drive to spread their seed while females are in the position to select which males, if any, they're willing to engage in that process with. I've said that process has become sophisticated and offered some examples of ways the biological drive is expressed.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

anomaly
    Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Of course you haven't said women can't be violent. That would be a foolish thing to say, considering you posted a video of exactly that. I'm not disputing that men and women are biologically different. That would be a foolish thing to say considering the overwhelming proof. What we are trying to discuss is whether or not female and male aggression happens to the same degree but with different outlets, and whether or not women are starting to adopt male type aggression more often. You might also question if men are adopting more relational aggression with the introduction of social media sites.

So why might women start openly displaying more physical violence? Because they can.
    In the past, a physically aggressive woman would have been socially murdered so they would go to pains to avoid such acts being seen. Not the case any more. The aggression isn't new, just the outlet. Women's aggression can be tracked to evolutionary behaviour just as easily as men's. It's becoming a hot topic of research lately and the research shows that it is not new, it is not mild, it is intensely dangerous and damaging and it is more insidious because it is harder to detect.

I'd submit that women are more aggressive than men. "Behind every great man is a great woman" substitute the word great with many other adjectives and you'll get a picture of the world women have grown up in. We are far more likely to gain "success" through manipulating men and can only benefit if we also get them to marry us or share the credit in some other way. Sure, that's changing, but only slowly. My daughter assures me that not much has changed. We are either still second class citizens or we are first class through our associations with men.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast