+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is This Rape?

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:48 AM

Re: Is This Rape?

You can just hear all the justifications coming out can't you - she was drunk and was asking for it by wearing a short skirt. She slept around a lot. Did she come from the wrong side of town as well?

Everything You Need to Know About Steubenville High's Football 'Rape Crew' - National - The Atlantic Wire

Bet it's happened before but if it's one girl's word against several she has no chance of being taken seriously.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:48 AM

The law officials have no choice but to take her seriously now. The evidence they tried to hide is coming out publicly. There is a peaceful rally being held today in support of her; people are wanting justice for her. Unfortunately, there are those who feel what they did was okay because she reportedly slept around a lot. Still doesn't justify rape in my eyes.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    04:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    The law officials have no choice but to take her seriously now. The evidence they tried to hide is coming out publicly. There is a peaceful rally being held today in support of her; people are wanting justice for her. Unfortunately, there are those who feel what they did was okay because she reportedly slept around a lot. Still doesn't justify rape in my eyes.
    But morales was already convicted and the conviction was overturned due to an old law that his attorney's apparently dug up. Now he has to be retried with that law in mind, no? What new evidence is there to come out?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:48 AM

More videos, videos that people thought they deleted. The police are saying the people who witnessed the multiple rapes can't be charged for stupidity in not trying to stop it. Ummm what about obstruction of justice? The police "Accidentally" deleted some of the videos. I'll have to find the video where the kid is filming it and making jokes about it. I never actually made it through the whole video. Quite upsetting.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    More videos, videos that people thought they deleted. The police are saying the people who witnessed the multiple rapes can't be charged for stupidity in not trying to stop it. Ummm what about obstruction of justice? The police "Accidentally" deleted some of the videos. I'll have to find the video where the kid is filming it and making jokes about it. I never actually made it through the whole video. Quite upsetting.
    Peg, I'm sorry, but I think you are talking about a different case. I read about the one you're referring to earlier today. Very wrong, indeed.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Citing 19th-century law, California court overturns rape conviction because the victim was not married

"A California court of appeals said it had no choice but to overturn the conviction of a rapist who entered a sleeping woman’s bedroom and posed as her boyfriend before having sex with her because the woman is not married."

Read more: Citing 19th-century law, California court overturns rape conviction because the victim was not married - NY Daily News

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:48 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    The law was written at at time when single women had no legal rights except as the chattels or their fathers or as wives. You'd think common sense would come in to it and they would rule the law inapplicable. Is there no mechanism whereby the courts can make case law in a situation like this?

There are a lot of antique laws that should be ignored, sure i read somewhere that atheists are barred from office in some states.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3